• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Reading all of this makes me cry. With joy. I fucking loved this game. Here are my 4238 screenshots, in chronological order.

Watching this video every now and then fills me with every emotion I've ever had in this game. So much intense memories in there.

Great thread.

Edit: also fucking finally cracking TH, after testing out thousands of different mobs. It turns out every level of TH just adds another roll.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hezzel Bekk
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Nesssie View Post
    I can never hate FFXI. I met my husband in the game 10 years ago this month and we're still together
    hi Nessie! thisgamewasawesome

I too met my wife to be, and mother of 2 kids in this wonderful game, so many good memories.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    As much as I loved the game and have fond memories, I think sometimes what other directions my life would've gone had I not sunk 10,000 hours from age 14 to 24 into it....
    I definitely wonder this as well. I know deep down XI led to my girlfriend of 5 years breaking up with me. Most would think it's a negative thing. However, I actually was relieved, and not because of XI. It really was for the best.

I unfortunately had the displeasure of never having a solid LS, so it was always 3-6 of us vs. the world. I quit before Abyssea came out and was glad I did. But after 90 cap I got that itch. Started fresh and had a blast with a group of around 6 of us. Just to get an Empyrean done felt so great even if it was commonplace. I tried XIV and some Korean MMOs but nothing has matched XI. I recently started Guild Wars 2 and it is fun. I do not think the game itself will be a replacement for XI, but I almost get that feeling.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Wasn't that one of the very first people with the sash? and people on here were freaking the fuck out because of the shitty SJ. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    what the fuck is that relic sam /33 war or is that futsuno
    Ready to feel old? lolsash is from almost 10 years ago.

Also how has nobody posted Meeting again yet?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    As much as I loved the game and have fond memories, I think sometimes what other directions my life would've gone had I not sunk 10,000 hours from age 14 to 24 into it....
    Same here. The only time I have ever regretted my time in XI was after Abyssea ruined it all and made me feel like all those years were a waste. If Abyssea had never happened, I would still be spending every possible moment on XI.

But given the way things did in fact happen, it's undeniable that I gave up years I'll never get back and I don't have anything to show for it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Started this game in 8th grade, finished right before starting college. Combined with all the memories of high school, and forgoing after-school and social activities to come home and play this, this game WAS my adolescence, which makes it all the more potent for me. There won't ever be anything like it.

I never took many pictures, most of them were scenic landscape shots that I thought looked pretty, and those were lost when I got rid of my PS2. I wish I had taken more.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I remember Sanoshin's FF11 videos. But I never saw this one before... lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

You SHALL have Tu'lia! And you'll have it with drums!

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
    Started this game in 8th grade, finished right before starting college. Combined with all the memories of high school, and forgoing after-school and social activities to come home and play this, this game WAS my adolescence, which makes it all the more potent for me. There won't ever be anything like it.
    "Want to go out tonight and meet girls?"
    "Can't, I have Dynamis/Sky"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Did anyone ever do a Server/Linkshell gathering of members or people in Real life?
    We have been doing a yearly BBQ gathering for our FFXI LS buddies/various online gaming friends since summer 2008. In the first couple of years I made random presents for guests like T-shirts with their XI character.

And one year when he was just the right size and too young to argue I dressed my son in tarutaru JSE. Looking at this pic now our old house was tiiiny and we had almost 30 people in it one year. Good times.

I love it so much, it's one of the highlights of the summer. We get peeps coming from all over UK and Europe and the occasional 'Murican flies over. We eat, drink merrily, laugh over Brady guide and play random console games until we pass out. :D

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Love the theme music for this thread!

Its Unicorn Dimmy Screeny dump time

Spoiler: show
    Death to Alex

Death for Faffy

Sandy smile face on the Radar

Death for Cerb

Cool looking CS with a sexy connery elf

Death Scissors broke our Ninja's back. He was stuck in that position the whole run.

AV is serious business

Chillin with Odin

Best battlefield in the game

Nightfall

WHATS IN THE BOX!?

UFC DALT!

LOL

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Did anyone ever do a Server/Linkshell gathering of members or people in Real life?
    A bunch of us in my LS have got together a couple times over the last few years for weddings and such. Sometimes they were more like family than my real family.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dunno if this was posted yet, dug up from the media. If only BG bucket existed back then:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...griefbgtm9.jpg

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by psychodwarf View Post
    Sometimes they were more like family than my real family.
    Pretty much this, I consider everyone in my linkshell to be family and try to keep up with most of them. I mean hell I was on the game 20hrs a day from 2002-2011 from the ages of 14 to 23, and since I move around most of my life I think they were the most stagnant force of people I had ever known.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This game actually helped me out a lot when it came to structure of business/group oriented activities. This game was my life between 13-18. It wasnt until I got to college and was in a setting where people wanted to actually hang out that made me really decide to quit. The strongest thing was we had people over in our dorm and I opted to do Voidwalk NMs that i had done zillions of times for an item that may or may not drop(usually not), over hanging out with real people. I felt super lame and thats really when I quit haha. Gave the info to a friend and said peace out. Wish I had pictures from when i was in keston's LS with Daymion, who btw helped me get my first THF knife, and has the SS I'm sure. I'm thankful for every moment I had in this game, because honestly it was the best game I've EVER played/will play tbh.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Vigilia, I know what doujin your avatar comes from. >_>

I think I was the only person on Quetz to willingly mine Halvung.
    In all my time I never saw another person mine there.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Vigilia, I know what doujin your avatar comes from. >_>
    [Jack-O'-Lantern] Kimi to ita Memory

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I swear, Dillinger spent more on his Chi Blast setup than most monks at the time did on their melee gear. And I would always borrow his MND rings for my cheapass holy bolt Ranger.

Logging into my old Photobucket account was quite a trip. Going through from newest to oldest pics, roughly:

Never did get the INT torque to solo AV.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...Collection.png

Oh Salvage.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...ACloldrops.jpg

I forgot how many sets of ingredients I went through for Xerlic without ever HQ'ing. It was many, many more than this though.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78.../SheikhLog.jpg

I remember BG set up a thread for posting pics of bot locations, so I did my civic duty.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...fishboters.jpg

This had better be from Vipey's staff run...
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...affready-1.jpg

Ok good.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78...taffdetail.jpg

This was (I think) the first NA Claustrum, so from this staff Ichthyos and co. were able to run the tests on the weaponskill. Charisma it was, and many lol's were had.

Oh wow, these things. Some friends figured out how to get them, and once we all had ours we posted how to do it so everyone else could go and grab them. Except a patch screwed something up and things didn't pop, so people ended up wasting time on a broken mechanic. People on KI were pissed.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/AviKI/Olibanum.jpg

Abuse your crafter for fun and profit.
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/AviKI/Avisig.jpg

This last one isn't FFXI related, but it was in my FFXI folder.