Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

how was this not posted yet?

unless i missed it just sad it's bad quality

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hahaha it starts all normal and then the taru gets encapsulated by the PLDhalmel and I just fucking lose it

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Me and the guy who got me into the game. We went to the same school and had the same first job. When he got the game, I didn't have a computer or internet at home yet. I'd literally go to his house and just type for him while he played and fucking got addicted to just doing that. About 8 months later, was able to pick up the game for myself

I did everything ass backwards in this game.

I did CoP first. I was rank 3 (did this to unlock ballista) when I had completed CoP and had my Black Belt. I had half of my Usukane upgraded before I finally went 1/23 on my haidate. Great times

Was a fan of taking pics w/ unclaimed NMs

Gear "trolling" first time our astral candy got taken

Sweetest lady ever. She was in her mid 60's playing this game and mained pup. Nobody would invite her to pts so I'd either make one for her when I could or just go out and duo w/ her. She did have some health problems and I haven't spoken to her in years. I hope she's still alive and kicking

MNK/BLU > MNK/SAM (also fuck this guy I hated him and <3 the ice spikes hakama in ballista shit was busted)

One of the OG capped guarding mnks (before it went easy mode)

Dyna was about the absolute last thing I got into. Had full usu before I even entered my first zone. Subsequently got 6/6 dyna gear in like 3 weeks lol

Fuuuuuck LBC

Won't lie, even had fun doing assaults (actually, had a lot of fun doing assaults)

One of the original polearm sams

Wayyyyy before alex duping, this was just a set of dat swaps

The time I actually got my Bkote, ended up MPK'ing some other group when they got charmed (they'd done it to us on previous claims lol) and collecting my prize

Early game "Omg this game is fucking huge and awesome" screen shots

Mnk Squads (Hunan was the first black belt, shura togi, etc. I've seen. I used to follow this nigga around all the time and ask him shit)
    Spoiler: show
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...FXI-2/Trio.jpg

Nierene was the mnk rival. We'd pt together when we could, go back and forth with who had better gear, parse against each other, etc.
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...andNierene.jpg

One of my mnk mentors
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...0-32-05-65.jpg

Motherfuckin' OG mnks
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...113_172629.png

Would solo Serket as a source of income, but when my thf friend was on, I'd invite her for a piece of the pie. I'd always compete with one of the top MNKs on the server (Lysol) for claim, but if the RMT showed up him and I would team up and split

GDI lol so many pics. I'll make another post later but this is enough for now.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Reading this thread reminded me of the TRUE reason why FFXI > FFXIV. Notorious Monsters. And not that Hunt shit that's in ARR. There was nothing more exhilarating than camping an HNM with your LS at any hour of the day, bots or not bots, against 2-3 other LSes. Claiming said HNM, beating the shit out of it (or getting a wipe) or missing claim and having to wait another 72 hours. And all of the drama that ensued due to your LS claiming/missing claim/wiping.

Gotta admit that HNM drama was pretty god damn entertaining. Everybody mayad.

Fuck HNMs. Shit ruined peoples health/lives lol. That or the drop rate on items. Or both. Fuck em.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Fuck HNMs. Shit ruined peoples health/lives lol. That or the drop rate on items. Or both. Fuck em.
    1/163 Hikazu Hara-Ate (Usukane Haramaki)

I was fine w/ HNMs lol.

Salvage though... such a love/hate relationship

I was camping King Artho for a while. Got the kill with some help with someone I knew. For some reason he passed leader to someone and they sniped the belt from me after I won the lot :/

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hahaha, it just shows the utter addiction some of us had for HNMs. I remember being in some LSes where it was a "log on on all HNM days or be kicked." For one of my LSes we always had a 24~30 man turn out if it was in prime time. Late nights would still have a 2 party alliance turn out. A nigga setting his clock to wake up because of Aspid spawn type of shit, lmao. That Black Belt game pre 2008 was extra real.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Hahaha, it just shows the utter addiction some of us had for HNMs. I remember being in some LSes where it was a "log on on all HNM days or be kicked." For one of my LSes we always had a 24~30 man turn out if it was in prime time. Late nights would still have a 2 party alliance turn out. A nigga setting his clock to wake up because of Aspid spawn type of shit, lmao.
    I had my alarm on on school nights for Fafnir. Fucking 3AM alarms going off and shit. One night the fucker didn't spawn until the last window. So I was up from 3-6 and had to go to class at 8...

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I had my alarm on on school nights for Fafnir. Fucking 3AM alarms going off and shit. One night the fucker didn't spawn until the last window. So I was up from 3-6 and had to go to class at 8...
    Damn son, I don't think I've ever been to a Fafnir that late, only Aspids. For a long time between 2004~2006 most of the Nidhogg spawns were on complete lock down by JP superbots on my server as well, so at times people didn't even bother unless they were trying to 4-6 man.

I do remember dudes losing their jobs over camping HNMs however. Crazy shit.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

3am text messages that we've got Tiamat, only our EU crew is on and they're being harassed by 'the enemy'.

COMMENCE OPERATION FUCK MY BEDTIME.

Sandworm camping time! Everyone's so excited and happy right?

COMMENCE OPERATION THIS SHIT WONT POP

Not feeling Fafnir camp tonight cause it's overlapping windows which could mean hours of camping.

COMMENCE OPERATION DOCK HIS DKP.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Pfft I used to set my alarm for Ballista niggas

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

IIRC I camped Tiamat with 3 friends for a month or so in shifts until we all had gaiters. I really appreciated the 72 hour minimum respawn time by the end of it.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I still long to know if people actually did Chocobo Racing. I remember briefly considering it then every nope bell went off once I realized it was scripted.

Skips Chocobo Racing.
    Did waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Moblin Maze Mongers.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I remember being asleep on a sunday night, and getting a phone call "NIGGA GET UP TIAMAT, NOBODY IN ZONE" at 3 in the morning. claim, kill, get dressed, go to work, OH SO TIRED

Solo healing as sch/rdm until the rest of the crew showed up, then swapping to nuke gear to get him down with just me and 2 blms (one of which was seph), good times.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

WingedSymphonyZ holds Tiamat 8 hours.
    Gets no gaiters.
    Feelsgoodman.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    That and a Mnk using a Kclub with Hundred Fists on a Crawler.

?

Also can't go without posting this.

and for all the Tiamat talk.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/q...3455453453.jpg

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Realized I still had it on my laptop, did my updates and was actually fucking around doin shit this weekend, good to see old faces, don't think I could have ever logged back on if I didn't know a number of peeps still playin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    IIRC I camped Tiamat with 3 friends for a month or so in shifts until we all had gaiters. I really appreciated the 72 hour minimum respawn time by the end of it.
    Wasn't Tiamat like a 24 hour window though? 30s ever 3 hours or some shit? At least Fafhog was 30s every 30min :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor