New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

XI is never getting revived. What charm the game had is long gone for her stalwarts and what made XI was the community that curated her wiki entries, delved into questions like "meat or sushi?", the HNM hunger games, the long inhuman grinds, the waiting for years for QoL patches, the small glimmers of success when you finally stopped getting fucked by the system etc etc.

That's finished. I'm hoping whatever successor can do Vana'diel proud by keeping the themes, characters and job system alive. That's all I care about these days.

As for P2P MMOs? Look no farther than XIV. You're being asked to pay monthly but you could very well stop and start at any time and really miss nothing. Play a month, devour all the casual content, ignore the hardcore raid scene then come back when that's all invalidated and start the cycle anew.

Today's MMOs make it pretty easy to start and stop if you're not interested in being at the cutting edge all the time. And unlike XI they make it clear when you're constantly junking gear.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Any Kujata peeps still check this forum? Can't believe the nostalgia bomb this thread brought on.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Of course.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha I hid the living shit out of the fact that I played XI.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I miss having a horseshoe lodged up inside of me

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I, just a bit, miss the long period Bahamut was on lockdown. No more gilseller tells, no more gather bots, they all got bant and weren't replaced.
    And in the months before they opened it back up, when the population was low, it was so easy to get NMs.

I never made it to the end game in FFXI, but I have many memories of the game simply because of the music and people I've met on it. The big risky adventures, especially being a noob and following someone higher level through the Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, or adventuring to Jeuno for the first time from the Valkurm Dunes. The suspense involved from having to avoid mobs in dangerous looking areas that had no BGM's in order to intensify that feeling. The best!!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SwampdonkeyPLD View Post
    Any Kujata peeps still check this forum? Can't believe the nostalgia bomb this thread brought on.
    /

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    /
    I quit long before Kujata got nuked. But still miss it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I had to add another "a" when Kujata died

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i had to change my name completely when Fairy died. some dick on Sylph had Bane and then quit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Valefor's Serra had long quit by then too. I remember speaking with a GM about it to see if there was anything he could do (of course there wasn't) and he was pissed too because his character had to go through the same thing. I think we ranted about it for like five minutes together. Was a good time.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quit well before the server merges but that's one good thing about having a unique name.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Back on Ifrit my name was Dizzy, I had to change it to Dizzies.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i had to change my name completely when Fairy died. some dick on Sylph had Bane and then quit.
    Some stupid bitch stole my name on purpose then spammed my inbox with crystals when Ifrit merged with Odin...Thankfully I got my name back after a few weeks, rip Jishnu.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

honestly im not all that salty about it, now. it prompted me to come up with a better name. Bane was always prompting the Batman references, and that wasn't where I got it. It's just a cool word! I didn't even know about the Batman character.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

postan nostalgia

first odin kill ramuh server
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...dropsodin2.png

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1...3020901yr5.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...stuart/DL4.jpg

Taken from the forum post about DL kill (first NA group to do it on ramuh)

"This weakshell is absolutly pathetic. WOW YOU FUCKING NOOBS CAN TELE SPEED HACK DYNAMIS wow amazing good work on killing DL. Must have been a ligit fight right? Doubt it you fucking douche bags been cheating and hacking since day one. Your Weakshell is truly sad you have to brag about killing with 35 super must love the attention for such a weak feat I bet I can find posts of other LS's doing it with less. I guess I owe you pigs another grats for killing JOL not like its that hard when u have 900000+ in zone. Wait till CAE gets in sea and starts doing things THEY BEAT YOU TO THE COP WYRM TITLE AND MY MONEY IS ON THEM TO BEAT YOU TO THE AV TITLE.

CAE has the man power to kill DL I wonder why we didnt do it. It Is truly sad Ramuh has to bow their heads to some scum bags. THANKS CAE FOR NOT KILLING DL AND LETTING akabanescheat shell get all the glory by being the first NA ONLY LS to kill DL something that cant be taken back. But I do know one, thing they pretty much got VRTRA on lock down ur WEAKSHELL WILL NEVER GET A SHOT. why cuse you pussies cant even get around the adds of vrtra to attmpt him.

YOU FUCKS FAIL GET OVER YOURSELF YOUR NOT THAT TIGHT.

BTW RAMMSES IS A SHITTY TANK any tank in CAE has more skills than that peice of shit.

you fags better bow your head when we beat to ouyru also the last wyrm king challenge I doubt you fucks will ever attempt that because of the terrible way you deal with vrtra it truly is sad you guys claim to be the best HNM but you cannot defeat the easist cop wyrm. It's not even VRTRA THAT KILLS YOU PATHETIC FUCKS ITS THE FUCKING ROOM. so pathetic you guys cant even move on passed the add room to deal with him. you guys arnt the number one shell but ill give you one guess and its not DH.

GIVE THE SERVER A GOOD LAUGH ATTEMPT VRTRA AGAIN. and i hope the server comes out and watches how truly your pathetic weakshell is when you fucks wipe and CAE has to come in and clean up your mess. GFTO quit the game you will never be better than US."

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...2341517&Page=1

I miss that game so badly

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not many would understand this, but I see someone viewing the thread that will

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1-05-45-84.jpg

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Not sure if this has been posted yet but anyone remember Duckoverrice on Bahamut? He would end everything he said with "w ok"? Does he still browse these forums?