Professional Bum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jub Jub
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why did I click into this thread... saw the 9.99 deal bought it. Does anyone still play on Bahamut?

Can't bring myself to care as long as they keep charging for world transfers. It's like, yay, logging into a dead server where endgame shit can't be done after a point with trusts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, there's a discount for the world transfer too right now >.>;

Maybe so, though the choice is pretty much Asura (and related congestion) or just another dead server. In the time it'd take to put feelers out to try and find cool peeps (who'd also be willing to pay), I imagine the campaign would be over. But this isn't really a new argument or critique of SE from me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

nostalgia'd pretty hardcore today when i came home on lunch at 1 to kick an update into motion and it still hadn't completed by 8, lol

I'm sure this is a dumb question but just to make sure; if my account has all the way up to WotG registered, do I just need to buy the standard edition for 4.99 to be able to do all content?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    nostalgia'd pretty hardcore today when i came home on lunch at 1 to kick an update into motion and it still hadn't completed by 8, lol
    First day (week) CoP patch download. Never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    I'm sure this is a dumb question but just to make sure; if my account has all the way up to WotG registered, do I just need to buy the standard edition for 4.99 to be able to do all content?
    Do you have the Abyssea add-ons, too? The 4.99 one doesn't have those.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    When you're looking for an out to keep away from your drugs. Ty kind sir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you still have your original and expansion install discs somewhere it won't be nearly that long. I've got all expansions (except Adoulin) on disc somewhere and install usually only takes an hour or two at most.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

*sigh* so tempted, but i seriously am lost the last time i came back, i only went to kill argus who was free for pickings, got the peacock, and logged out forever. I only did like half of wotg, and then from there quit, i don't even know how to get to 99 and shit. I miss the game, but i can't bring myself to do this when being so lost now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    *sigh* so tempted, but i seriously am lost the last time i came back, i only went to kill argus who was free for pickings, got the peacock, and logged out forever. I only did like half of wotg, and then from there quit, i don't even know how to get to 99 and shit. I miss the game, but i can't bring myself to do this when being so lost now.
    Follow our very own Returning Player BG Wiki guide and you'll be back in the game in no time.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The game takes a tad more effort to get into due to its age, but if you even remember the game slightly from when you quit (all of you, not just posters above), then it will feel overwhelmingly different due to sheer adjustments/quality of life introduced. Homepoints acting as actual teleportation devices to other homepoints, mounts that can be used freely in open fields (don't need to find rental chocobo anymore!), and so much more.

Getting to 99 isn't tough at all with how many options there are to get EXP, it's the search for those options that puts people off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    mounts that can be used freely in open fields (don't need to find rental chocobo anymore!
    It's amazing how much I still forget about that and waste time running by foot all the time.

BG Level

Outpost warping was the way to go.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If I could play this on PS4. I would play with my fiancé

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

You played way longer than I did. Did you stick with monk till 99 Vagus?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    It's amazing how much I still forget about that and waste time running by foot all the time.
    I do it sometimes because there are some areas it doesn't make sense for me that they included like places you couldn't chocobo before. Like I was completely surprised when I found out I could ride my warmachine up Parradamo Tor the other day

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The best part of the game is the nostalgia. Logging in and actually playing it ruins that.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    The best part of the game is the nostalgia. Logging in and actually playing it ruins that.
    It will be a bit jarring when you log back in and your LS is broken and your friend list is empty, but once you start talking to more people, join a LS, get out and actually do stuff--you'll fall right back in. But yeah if all you do is login, watch your Moogle spin for a bit and run around Jeuno, you'll be in for a bad time.