• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast

Basically, the m-word and a certain line of spells SCH eventually wound up using better than us. Not wanting to be a support monkey was a fair desire, even if that wound up being its best purpose for the time. Would also posit that the increased flexibility would've done some good for those left out WHMs, but such is the past.

If a thf gave everyone +5% haste and drgs gave everyone +5% acc, man, thf and drg might've been hugely popular for those buffs alone.
    Merits are a bad way to go about such for a few reasons:
    1) Only applicable to endgame.
    2) A person that does not have them unlocked and mastered yet would be shunned for those who do.
    3) Further shoehorns selection than present.

Don't get me wrong, SE needs to get the stick out of their butt about the ability to max all merits, or convert all abilities/spells to level 75 gains and modified from there, but if we did nothing else to the system and got your idea, it'd just be that much more cookie-cutter.

Essentially, key functions should not be inhibited in such ways.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Double bard xp parties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Drg gave everyone 5% haste... if you subbed it

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

im still salty /drg didn't give you a wyvern

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm salty I can't have 2 jobs pets out at once even though you can use the subjobs pets. And that loupons count as pets. Make geo/pup great again

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Basically, the m-word and a certain line of spells SCH eventually wound up using better than us. Not wanting to be a support monkey was a fair desire, even if that wound up being its best purpose for the time. Would also posit that the increased flexibility would've done some good for those left out WHMs, but such is the past.
    yeah I quit mid-toau. sch wasn't a thing.
    my rdm was main healer or the tank for all end-game content depending on the fight and who was coming as what

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Double bard xp parties!
    Most of my parties late game eventually were this. But I still did wacky shit like me as rdm/brd pulling/refreshing/ballading and stuff just to help people out if they couldn't find bards. i never heard of other rdms doing that but I did it all the time to help the classes that had it rough finding merit parties. blm parties. whm/nin parties. smn parties, etc. I capped my merits super easily being rdm, but I still merited with people that really needed the help 'cause fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Drg gave everyone 5% haste... if you subbed it
    If I remember right I think I subbed drg whenever I leveled up any of my DD jobs (20-40) for the atk bonus and jump. I'm going off memory but I don't think /war or /thf gave anything at all in qufim and early yhoator and 30-40 you'd lose berserk or SA but got a full time attack bonus and jump instead. was a decent trade off and was kinda fun being the only dude doing it and at the same time actually being effective

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I used to go to dyna war/drg rid/shield and giggle the entire 30seconds I was alive. Good times.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

when I started doing sky, my gear wasn't up to a point where I could do very good damage as sam, so I would sub monk, slap on a dirt-cheap max-HP build and throw out Spirits Within. I kept tweaking it as I was getting my str/etc builds set up, and eventually had my damage up to more than 1k before I finally made the switch to normal WS.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

we had this one sam that was in his 60s RoZ era. he used to sit in the gimp mage parties for kirin, that were there just to raise dead people, and meditate and use that club ws that gave mp to people around him.

it's hilarious some of the shit you think of when you realize exactly how useless you are lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    we had this one sam that was in his 60s RoZ era. he used to sit in the gimp mage parties for kirin, that were there just to raise dead people, and meditate and use that club ws that gave mp to people around him.

it's hilarious some of the shit you think of when you realize exactly how useless you are lol
    I remember when Kirin and the rest of the sky gods didn't have a unique model and looked like the regular manticores/tigers/giant birds/wyvrens/adamantoise

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I quit recently. I didn't delete my character though just in case they do a server merge or revamp the game. (lolyeahright) There is so much I did not get accomplised. Quests mostly, like the Ygnas Directive and other long quests. Certain pieces of gear I wanted, AF3+1, never completely mastered a job, etc. I just didn't have the enthusiasm anymore. Leader from my last LS jumped servers and everybody slowly dissapeared, barely anyone on my server (Phoenix) as it is. Only about 400 on during NA primetime. I made the right desicison though. It wasn't worth 12.95 a month any longer. I had been letting SE take that out of my account for far to long. Still it feels weird not playing anymore.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

fuck whoever added Zi'Tah to this thread. The feels hit as soon as I opened the thread. I'm about to return the favor though.

This just hit my youtube newsfeed

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's not just Zi'Tah, it's Zi'Tah being played by Woozie.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Thought that sounded familiar

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Yep

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reddit linkshell on Asura broke. THIS MIGHT BE THE REAL END

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Wow.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The Reddit LS was really one of the few things I still enjoyed going back to the game every once in a while for. Obviously, you're not going to like everyone in a LS that large, but it was always nice being able to log on at whatever hours and see people talking. Made the game still feel alive even though we all know it is on life support at this point.

So, that is kind of a sad thing to find out.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    It was recreated less than an hour later. The leader just has been ill and wanted to hand off the shell to someone else for maintaining sacks and such, but the system doesn't let you do that, so you have to break and remake the shell.

They keep the new shell stocked on the Concierge NPCs.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Lately I've been enthralled with Fallout: New Vegas and all of the community DLC. Since Fallout is considered RPG and does have many elements of it in New Vegas it got me wanting to play another more traditional RPG. Went to our MMO thread here to see about Bless and was informed it's not available. Started thinking about XI for w/e reason and boom, random thoughts about the game.

Something I loved so much about XI was exping in a great camp or finding a nontraditional camp and making it work. I recall quitting before Abyssea but coming back later and loving Abyssea and loving farming there using BLU and THF. Random thoughts about beating certain C.O.P missions and then finally completing Zilart. Never has a game ever kept my attention before or after like XI and even with all of the bad I think so much good came from this game. I still at times want to come back.