• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 151 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    So I was digging through a box tonight, looking for something I haven't seen since we moved into our new house 4 years ago, and I found my shot glass with my character's name and the Sandy crest etched on it. Them feels. :~(
    I found my old PS2 box when I played this on console since my Compaq Persario couldn't handle the game over the weekend.

Oh the memories.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's that time again boys and girls and other non gender things. The FFXI 15th Anniversary Celebration is on! FFXI will be free to play for former players from May 16th-May 29th. You can also buy the Ultimate Seekers Edition on sale for $10, or Seekers of Adoulin expansion by itself for $5. If you return to a dead server, you can also do the World Transfer Service now for only $9. Aaaaaaand pretty much every in game campaign is happening at the moment, including double/triple XP and CP, Trusts, Adoulin dials, skill up rates, high tier battlefields, increased seal and crest drop rates, Mog Gardens, etc.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nah.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'd probably give it a shot during the trial, but I can't see myself coming back. Nothing will come close to the glory days.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

How many spike flail mpks does your server guarantee per week? Anything less than 5 is shit tier.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    How many spike flail mpks does your server guarantee per week? Anything less than 5 is shit tier.
    I can promise you zero because nobody does Fafnir/Nidhogg anymore except for lockstyle pieces, maybe.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'd probably give it a shot during the trial, but I can't see myself coming back. Nothing will come close to the glory days.
    Unless you find the updates online. You'd waste your whole trial just updating the game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Unless you find the updates online. You'd waste your whole trial just updating the game
    psh my last laptop took me like 3-4 hours tops to update from scratch. And that's dealing with comcast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Tried coming back a year and a half ago, game's just too different...doesn't suck..just different. Can't do it, enjoy bros

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I can promise you zero because nobody does Fafnir/Nidhogg anymore except for lockstyle pieces, maybe.
    Then why even play

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I came to this thread for the nostalgia, stay for one song, then Im out before I get sucked back in

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I came to this thread for the nostalgia, stay for one song, then Im out before I get sucked back in
    If you just want nostalgia I'd recommend listening to the osts. Very nice while you work

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The memories...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Then why even play
    There are other things to do but if your primary reason for playing was getting lols when someone else wiped and you could jack their shit, this won't scratch your itch. Most stuff is instanced or force popped now.

BG Level

I think the best thing in FFXI for me was to take hours upon hours upon hours to kill whatever the hell I was camping/popped in front of others and just laugh at all the anger that was subjected towards me for taking so long to kill the shit.

Like, I was that jackass that popped genbu in front of a sky ls of 50 ppl and take 3 hours to kill him. Damn ppl hated me sometimes
    'cause otherwise I was just refreshing/hasting/curing people, and that shit was damn boring so I had create my own fun drama lol

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I think the best thing in FFXI for me was to take hours upon hours upon hours to kill whatever the hell I was camping/popped in front of others and just laugh at all the anger that was subjected towards me for taking so long to kill the shit.

Like, I was that jackass that popped genbu in front of a sky ls of 50 ppl and take 3 hours to kill him. Damn ppl hated me sometimes
    'cause otherwise I was just refreshing/hasting/curing people, and that shit was damn boring so I had create my own fun drama lol
    Claiming Despot as a solo Bst. The rage filled tells and chat.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm almost tempted to play some during the free period, but man, I don't really feel like going through the install process, update process, and the process of installing Windower/Ashita and setting up a bunch of macros and/or GearSwap. Too old for that shit!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My nigga

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I'm almost tempted to play some during the free period, but man, I don't really feel like going through the install process, update process, and the process of installing Windower/Ashita and setting up a bunch of macros and/or GearSwap. Too old for that shit!!!
    The game is such that outside certain jobs and top end play you can get away a lot less without 3rd more than every before. Aside from the fact ig macros have gotten a lot better and gear sets exist ilvl shit is so stat vomiting that for casualish play you can get away with full timing stuff a lot more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I once was farming trying to do the rams for the BB quest line accidentally got the HNM version. Actually shouted for help and stuff and of course everyone would rather just watch me die... so I proceeded to dot kite a mob with draw in for the next like 3 hours while I listened to them rage at me not dying lol.