• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Originally I had memories of "Nidhogg is going to rage, everyone escape", but now I think of running to Ro'Maeve and trying forever to get YYRs for friends. Ugh.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I just installed and updated and there is maintenance.

WHAT A PERFECT REMINDER OF THE GAME. HOLY SMOKE THE IRONY.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    After scrambling a few weeks ago to find my security token to see if I could try to retrieve my account, the urge to try has passed. I get that way sometimes, the nostalgia hits me in this big wave and I wanna go back, but usually the desire to play passes without incident.

I think it's best if I leave the past in the past.
    Battery is dead in mine, but it wasn't hard to get SE to remove it, and they have the smartphone token app now. The game is quite different than you remember. The grind has relocated to earning job points, and getting supplies to get the best equipment augments. Reaching endgame is quick, getting what you want from it is not so quick. The free week is active now for another 5 days if you can get your token taken care of. Big EXP rings right now, 150% boost, infinite charges.

For all the shit we talked (and still talk) about SE, I really do miss that fucking game ... but I miss it in like, 2009. I never played after the level cap increase and I never wanted to. My WHM and RDM were 100% done at 75 and the thought of having gain 24 more levels to them over a period of time and completely re-gear them honestly made me want to throw up.

Still, I'd love to log in and see my character one more time, if only just to swap into my gearsets (ugh I'd have to write a new spellcast) and enjoy everything I accomplished. Too bad my account went poof a long time ago though.
    Those 24 levels would take you less than a day now, and you'd have equipment to do an Alluvion Skirmish for good gear shortly after reaching 99. Regearing isn't as big of an ordeal as it was at 75.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Truth. People thought it was so weird that I had online plans. Like no I can't go out with you on Saturday night, I'm up for Chapeau.
    shakin

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    My GF that I lived with at the time gave me the ultimatum...It's either me of FFXI. I was up for 35 Usu body, I feel like I made the right choice!
    my

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I lived with my ex-gf for about a year during my FFXI days. She also played, and was in the same LS. I was supposed to pick her up from work one day, but I would have had to leave right before the last window on an 8-day Nid. She was, understandably, quite upset when I asked her to just take a cab home. Looking back at it now, I'd have dumped me too.
    head.

I played this game way too much but I never pulled any of that shit. Would have felt like a serious loser if I had.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I still blame you partly for my ban.
    on panda? i have no idea what i would have done to cause this since I never called a gm in my life lol

and the traveler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I played this game way too much but I never pulled any of that shit. Would have felt like a serious loser if I had.
    says the guy with 17,265 posts on a video game forum

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

if you actually think all of his posts are about ffxi, you're dumber than a box of rocks.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    you would be surprised how high a post count can go if you are active in the sports forum.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

lol, my post count can attest to that

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Lol same. Probably 50% of my posts are from the NHL thread.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ikariiiii View Post
    I can't say I've avoided spending time with RL friends to post on BG

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I did (for game time, not forums). All my friends knew I wasn't going anywhere on dynamis nights. I think we had tuesday/friday? monday/thursday? i dont remember anymore. but my buddies might.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah I mean Dynamis was Tuesday and Saturday when I was in my first shell. This was when I still lived up north. My friends knew Saturday was unavailable, but we could go out on Friday nights.

Once I moved down here, I changed shells (a couple times, actually), but I had only one friend here at that point, who was someone I'd met in game. We were in the same shells so we basically rearranged our lives around the game.

And then when I got into HNMs, well, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was fully addicted to the game at that point. If it was Nid, I was skipping class for A Body. That was more important to me back then. Obviously I've now gotten my priorities straight, but back then FFXI > all. I probably would have stolen money to keep my sub active if I had to.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

And then when I got into HNMs, well, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was fully addicted to the game at that point. If it was Nid, I was skipping class for A Body. That was more important to me back then. Obviously I've now gotten my priorities straight, but back then FFXI > all. I probably would have stolen money to keep my sub active if I had to.
    Holy shit, i did the same exact shit...I skipped a ton of class to play in high school...was it worth it? Hell fucking ya it was.

Edit: I know you werent in hs at the time, just drawing a connection lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Like I said, I thought of a lot of the people I played XI with as really close friends -- closer friends in fact that the friends who I only saw when we were drinking on weekends. If I had plans with friends, I usually made sure not to cancel on them to play XI, but in the same vein, if I had plans with XI friends, I wouldn't cancel on them if someone called out of the blue and said they were going out drinking on a random night (especially since we drank a lot in college and it was likely we'd be doing the same thing very soon -- which makes my RL sound just like XI life..).

It's been like five years, but I had a chance to catch up with some old LS friends in Destiny the other day and it was just like talking on vent way back when we all played XI.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah, i never canceled either. and i still keep in touch with a large chunk of my old LS mates. some are easy; we're all on Hyperion in XIV. Others i'll text out of the blue.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    shakin

my

head.

When I was in college, I left a 4th of July pool party midway through to come home for a Kirin run. I was up for W. Legs! My roommate came home about an hour later to ask me what the hell I was doing. I told him some half truth/half lie about how I had this planned event on the game with a lot of people and that I couldn't let them down.

He then asked me if any of those people were gonna help me get my dick wet. He made a good point, so we went back to the pool party. Hooked up with some girl, she was probably a 4.5/10 if I'm being generous, but my LS went 0/5 on W. legs drops that day, so I think I came out better for it.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Oh man, the day I got W.legs was hilarious. It was the day before I got put on probation in my LS at the time for probably being a whiny cunt. W.legs dropped and I bid all 259 points on it x.x and got it by a long shot. Proceeded to HQ them or else id face never ending torment...

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

wlegs stories are always great.
    LS leader was like "As a bonus tonight - whoever gets Wyrmal Leg Abj I'll buy them HQ Cursed Cuisses!" which was totally cool.
    So just like any other shell, they have a prio list, same as LSs used to do for things like Shadow Ring from DL.
    Only instead of being a bidding system, it was sorta flat rate for pts. W Legs drop and "Alright, PLDs and RDMs go for it!" type thing. Dude lots a 967 and the "CGs!" etc start raining down in Party and LS chat. I was the only one that hadn't lotted and "Richy, just go for it, GL beating 967, and CG again *person's name*"
    **Richybear's lot for Wyrmal Abjuration: Legs: 973**
    *silence*
    I got a tell immediately from the leader "Those are just for your RDM kiting. Buy your own fucking cuisses."

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

it aint over till the item leaves loot pool

first lesson of XI endgame