FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He's got that Tournament of Power shonen trope going, where ki = literal healing factor, so he can just go from fight to fight and as long as he has "energy" to fight with, wounds and broken limbs mean nothing.

Really annoyed that these anime these days are conflating ki/energy with health. Having a big power level doesn't mean you just recover from a broken bone. Just ask Vegeta about that when he fought 18.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    He's got that Tournament of Power shonen trope going, where ki = literal healing factor, so he can just go from fight to fight and as long as he has "energy" to fight with, wounds and broken limbs mean nothing.

Really annoyed that these anime these days are conflating ki/energy with health. Having a big power level doesn't mean you just recover from a broken bone. Just ask Vegeta about that when he fought 18.
    Cunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I need a recap without going back 30 chapters, but who is actually dead in that panel with that Genos was analysing?

Sperm is definitely up
    Homeless Emperor I think I seen a few chapters back
    Fuher - no recollection
    Gums - no recollection
    Water - current
    Rover - I think went down
    Monster King - already went down, off screen?
    Gyoro - I think also went down

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rover's alive, he just got Not-Killed-Punched by Saitama quite early on. Monster King fight with Saitama definitely already happened on-screen a few chapters ago. Monster King presumably dead.

Sperm is fighting Samurai
    Homeless Emperor is fighting Zombie Man
    Furher Ugly ran into Amai Mask, no conclusion yet.
    Gums ran into Pig God, no conclusion yet.
    Gyoro ran into Tornado? This I could be thinking about Comic. so IDK to go further.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I either forgot or missed it completely in the middle of all the side fights, but when did Garou become some kind of berserker?
    He's been gradually transforming into full monster since Chapter 84 when he lost to his masters Bang and Bomb.

At that time he already looked like this:
    Spoiler: show

Then the focus became Genos vs Elder Centipede.
    Genos and Bang/Bomb were distracted doing triple father/son kamehameha on Elder Centipede while Gyoro-Gyoro had Phoenix Man snatch Garou and return to the Monster Association.
    Then Saitama showed up and OP'd Elder Centipede after King beckoned him.

In 85, Garou wakes up in the Monster Association den. He meets G-G and Orochi, who tells him to bring him the head of a hero to join the association. Garou leaves the den.
    In 87, Garou has a chance encounter with Saitama after he skips on the bill at a diner, giving him a clear idea of the gap in their powers. Garou befriends a fat boy.
    In 88, Garou defends the fat boy against 3 throwaway Demon level monsters, who... beat him up and take the fat boy.
    In 89, Garou awakens, discovering he survived only because of his encroaching monster powers.
    In 90, Garou returns to the Den and the S-Class infiltration team is shown. Garou saves the fat boy by obliterating one of the earlier monsters, he devours (literally) some fodder monsters for energy, and they encounter Rover.
    In 91, Garou survives a huge energy blast from Rover, and even fires his own energy beam back, but for naught. Rover defeats him and G-G wants to talk.

In 92, Garou reaches his current full monster state. Garou rejects Gyoro-Gyoro, and shows he can resist her psychic control.

Then Orochi shows up and starts beating Garou's shit in. This is what pushes Garou past his limits:

But Orochi wins. G-G commits to brainwashing Garou.

In 95, much of the S-Class Infiltration team enters the Monster Association den.
    In 99, Flashy Flash gets stuck in the hallway.
    In 106-107, Tatsumaki defeats Gyoro-Gyoro by forcing Psykos out of her hiding, and Saitama encounters Orochi.
    In 108, Orochi get his shit fucked up.
    In 109, Tatsumaki tortures what she believes is the last useful information from G-G and kills her.
    In 114, the sword dojo fodder squad encountered the pure water cadre, and Pig God is devoured by Gums.
    In 115, PPP awakened a shackled Garou, who was fully transformed. Saitama encounters Flashy Flash.
    In 116, we last saw Flashy Flash and Saitama still stuck in the Chapter 99 hallway.

Last week's chapter 121 had Child Emperor square off against the water cadre that jobbed the sword trio. It's revealed that Garou beat PPP offscreen, who tags in Superalloy Darkshine.
    This week's chapter was 122, continuing Child Emperor vs water and showing that Gums is starting to outlast Pig God.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I need a recap without going back 30 chapters, but who is actually dead in that panel with that Genos was analysing?
    All you listed are currently alive except Gyoro-Gyoro/Psykos and Orochi.

I think the only other Dragon level monsters to die this arc are Elder Centipede and Phoenix Man (rebirth).

Even Nyan, Rover, and the two beast boys from the Ninja Village are still alive (for now).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Wow. I need to go back and reread the chapters starting after the elder centipede fight lol.

GD Yuko D;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys asked ._.

It was fun going back and reviewing for myself too. The story has splintered so much; everything is starting to convene again in awesome ways.

I recommend going back to reread it simply because it's so good. I'm not gonna lie, the last few months of chapters have been just ok and have made me forget how good this manga is lol. But, about a week ago or so I reread starting at the Suiryu vs Saitama fight (after hearing how disappointing it was in the anime) and was quickly reminded.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    I recommend going back to reread it simply because it's so good. I'm not gonna lie, the last few months of chapters have been just ok and have made me forget how good this manga is lol. But, about a week ago or so I reread starting at the Suiryu vs Saitama fight (after hearing how disappointing it was in the anime) and was quickly reminded.
    Man I was so excited for that fight to be animated then what was delivered was such trash it almost made me quit the manga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Wow. I need to go back and reread the chapters starting after the elder centipede fight lol.
    This is the annoying thing. Post Boros, the manga storylines became incredibly branched and hard to track! This was very evident in Season 2, the pacing was so whack. It's hard to remember anything because a lot of it happens in short bursts.

And thanks Yuko that was really nice to read.

BG Level

Kubo was the absolute worst at that. He would have so many things going on at once that it’s no exaggeration to say he went years without addressing the fate of certain characters.

Some of you guys have never read berserk and it shows.

BG Level

One Punch-Man

Berserk is hardly difficult to follow. The problem is the random months/years of hiatus in between chapters.

The creation of Falconia was what? 10+ years ago and it wasn’t until recently that we finally got to see the inside of the city lol.

That is what i was pointing out, people talking about this stuff like is released so slowly so people keep forgetting what is happening, but i find the releases pretty stead compared to zerk. I love this manga and normally re-read it at least once a year so it is hard for me not to follow.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its not the release schedule thats the problem. Its the jumping between 30 different fights.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've made it half way through One Piece. I think I'm doing okay with multiple things happening with a million people without much issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New chapter is out. A whole lot of nothing happened really.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/read_o...e3/chapter_123

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

Well it didn't show a lot of the fighting, but it did show half of the S class essentially getting their asses handed to them and in serious trouble. And gave the Psykkos reveal. Not action packed, but a cool chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

Last 3 panels were worth though :D

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag