+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

My favourite episodes (that I can still recall to this day) are Squeeze with Eugeen Victor Tooms (the stretchy man) and The Field Where I Died.

I also liked their more humorous episodes.

I didn't much like the show after Duchovny left so I didn't watch the last couple of seasons. I think I only watched the first film too.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I can't even list my favorite episodes, too many of them were absolutely brilliant.

I had stopped watching after Season 7, too, but part of the reason for that was I joined the military and it wasn't exactly possible to keep up with TV shows during basic training. I caught up on the series on Netflix (apparently now it's been taken down, which totally blows) and the last two seasons are actually not terrible. It took me a while to warm up to Doggett and Reyes, honestly, but the episodes with Mulder and Scully were gut-wrenching, particularly the ones where
    Spoiler: show
    They believe Mulder is dead and have his funeral, and then he actually comes back to life in the next episode, I think my heart might have exploded. Ugh. God those episodes fucking killed me.

Definitely worth checking out, but if you skip the 2008 movie you're really not missing much, at all. I do hope they do something with William though, I think that's the ending all Mulder and Scully fans want for them, to be reunited. And I would certainly not complain if we got some Skinner, Krycek, and CSM action.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The whole series is still up on Netflix.

The last 2 seasons are not that bad; Patrick and Gish had pretty good chemistry on screen. I know it's backwards, but it suffered the same fate as The Office without Carell. Just lacked that special quality.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Going through the series on Netflix now. I kinda stopped watching back in the day after Mulder was gone, so I'd like to just start from scratch.

It's always funny when I do that to see all the guest stars I either wouldn't have known or just forgot they were in there. EX. Seth Green being in the second episode.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah they reused some of their guest stars, too. There's a woman in that episode that gets used again later in the season, or in the next season (I forget) and I was like ... where do I know her from? Checked imdb and it was ... another episode of the X-Files. -.-

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The X-Files Revival - It's official! 6 New episodes ordered

Also all the old grunge they used to play in the EPs.

Still remember the episode with Jack Black, Giovanni Ribisi, and white zombie's More Human Than Human playing. Havent seen it in about 13-14 years but fuck me I remember all of it lol.

Edit: I deserve an award of the highest caliber for spelling Giovanni Ribisi correctly while in ambien land.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0751095/

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I recently went through Gilmore Girls, and I was always shocked of who appeared on there. Like Seth MacFarlane was in two episodes. It was bizarre. Actors gotta get paid though lol...

Btw, trying to squeeze in a few episodes before bed is probably not going to be good for my sleep.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Fav episode was Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose. Just brilliantly written, both unsettling and incredibly fun. I also loved the episode with the racist aliens playing baseball, Jose Chung's From Outer Space, the Burt Reynolds episode, of course. There were just so many good episodes.

Ironically speaking my favorite episode was the episode where they're attacked by murderous cats. Possibly the dumbest (hilarious) episode of the entire series.

I'm just glad that goofy CGI post-credits boat scene won't be the last we ever see of the X-files.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

This is so great!! I used to love the X-Files to so I'm really exicted!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Alex Krychek's actor was in the episode "Gender Bender" before becoming Alex Krychek.

Bryan Cranston is in an episode too.

Jose Chung's From Outer Space is probably my favorite MotW episode, easily. Bleepin aliens. The Natural is a close second when Mulder teaches Scully how to swing a baseball bat.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I still have a CD from 1996 - Songs In The Key Of X: Music From And Inspired By The X-Files. My first introduction to the Foo Fighters lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have that CD too! I learned about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds from it. First 6 or 7 songs were money.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Don't get why everyone is saying they never answered the alien invasion questions. Trust me they did in detail, I watched every episode. That is why the 2nd movie is just basically a episode of the x files all that alien invasion/ black oil virus shit is over. Just every other episode of the x files basiclly isn't answered. Funny thing re-watching S1 the other day and the 1st episode Krycheck (sp?) was in where he was gonna fuck the alien that transformed from male to female after it fucked and killed, he was just a regular dipshit guy. Good shit

Edit: shit someone else already posted it but yeah that was pimp. Also it is funny if you go back and watch the x files everyone who is anyone now a days was in that show

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well there was the colonization thing that was scheduled for 2012, and they haven't addressed that, since the second movie was in 2008.

I've heard William B. Davis is set to come back, and I'm not really sure how the hell the CSM is alive because he has died like 14 times I swear to god. Also they may try to get Doggett and Reyes back if possible but I really wouldn't miss them that much if they weren't there. It's quite possible they could say that one or both of them moved on to other things.

Also Mark Snow, the original composer, is returning, so we'll get some of that creepy X-Files music we all know and love.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Does anyone remember the Brady Bunch episode where that house is exactly like the brady bunch? Everyone tells me I'm fucking crazy I know it is a episode. What bout the Luke Wilson ep where it shows 2 versions from scully then mulders view? GD that shit was funny had vampires in it and shit. Also the black and white ep where the Frankenstein thing likes cher songs.. oh fuck going down the lane but anyway my favorite eps were not about aliens except the first episode that shit still gave me chills the other day.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    Does anyone remember the Brady Bunch episode where that house is exactly like the brady bunch? Everyone tells me I'm fucking crazy I know it is a episode. What bout the Luke Wilson ep where it shows 2 versions from scully then mulders view? GD that shit was funny had vampires in it and shit. Also the black and white ep where the Frankenstein thing likes cher songs.. oh fuck going down the lane but anyway my favorite eps were not about aliens except the first episode that shit still gave me chills the other day.
    Can't remember the title of the Brady house episode but yes, I remember it. It had Doggett in it so it was in either Season 8 or 9.

The vampire one with Luke Wilson is "Bad Blood" and widely regarded as one of the best episodes of the series.
    The black and white one is "Post-Modern Prometheus" and one of my personal favorites.

There are so many other good ones though. I just finished rewatching it not long ago but I may have to do it again now.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

You got the dvd with some of those? I forgot the name.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Nah, they're on Netflix though. I was old school, VHS taped that shit. I actually still have most of them.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Since we're discussing favorites, personally I've always loved Three of a Kind & Unusual Suspects. So good. Another would be Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Musings of CSM was a good episode. His monologue at the end is truly one of my favorite quotes ever.

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.