Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagary Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So for the empy 119 upgrade u need the one material and 15 etchings but no chapters at all?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

no, you still need chapters

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

you need a defiant-, 15 etched memories (I suspect the body might be more), and the respective chapters

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So no one has access to body or legs yet? Maybe beating upgraded tiers gives access to those. Body might use 2 mats causes there's 6.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

so anyway, here's the Death Born strategy we did:

PT 1: SAM SAM GEO COR BRD WHM (Chaos, Hunters, 2x March, 2x Madrigal, Fury+Frailty (Swap to vex/attune for corses and NMs)
    PT 2: BLM GEO GEO GEO RDM BRD (Focus, Languor, Acumen, Malaise, Torpor, ???)
    PT 2: PLD PLD BRD GEO WHM THF (Wilt, ???, 2x March, Madrigal, Ballad)

Wave 1: Room with fomors
    PLD 1 runs in, aggros everything, runs to the SE wall and holds them there. PLD 2 pulls one off of PLD 1 to SW with flash where the rest of the PT fights it. Fire nukes work incredibly well. After the first mob death, a new one respawns immediately (I think in a counter clockwise fashion around the room), if it runs towards the PLD immediately, have the PLD just pull one off of the PLD, if it spawns near the group, kill that one. After 20 kills, they will stop respawning, from there just kill them off of the PLD one by one. After you've killed them all, run back to where you started.

Notes: PLD pulling with flash works INCREDIBLY well, nukes barely ever pull hate now, and I maybe pulled hate a total of 3 times out of ~30 monsters.

Wave 2: 6 Corses + Dullahan NM
    Buff up before going, have your DD pt geo cast Indi-Attunement and Geo-Vex, you can have the PLD pt GEO cast the same on the supertank PLD. PLD 1 runs in, aggros everything to SE again, PLD2 will flash the Dullahan off of PLD one and run it NE. The WHM can stand E between both PLDs to cure the simultaneously (taking care to stay 20 away from both groups of mobs if possible). At this point, PLD2 should be building up hate on the Dullahan while the rest of the group picks corses off of PLD1 1 by 1 (we had our GEO pull with dia or dispel for now). The corses die fairly fast and charm seemed to be a complete non-issue.

The Dullahan spams some pretty nasty magic TP moves, so the PLD should full time aegis. Once all the corses are dead, bring the Dullahan kind of close to where you enter, but give enough room for mages to be 20' away. Have the SAMs engage the Dullahan from the behind only. Me and the other SAM collaborated 4 step Light skillchains (6 works too but there's less tolerance for fucking up on WS 5/6) and had the mages nuke fires 4-6 every double light. SAMs should maybe probably wear hybrid cause all of the Dullahan TP moves did heavy damage. No one pulled hate off of the PLD a single time the entire fight so it went pretty smoothly. I don't think anything special happened (maybe Larceny on invincible cause why not? I heard Noahonito can do 3k+ damage to everyone around it though). In the last 5%, try and move closer to the wall where you started, and as soon as it dies EVERYONE needs to hug the wall furthest back immediately.

Wave 3: 4x Parties of 3 monsters
    At this point, it started to get a little bit harder. At each end of the map there are groups of 3 mobs of variable jobs. We had our PLD run forward to aggro the first 3, and then held it at the right side of the area enclosing us, while we fought on the left wall enclosing us. The hate seemed to be... semi-random? It seemed like 1 mob would always go after a random person in each wave. The taru spammed raging rush for 2.2k on every single dd so the pld+mages just nuked it down while we unweaked. After the first group of 3 died, we moved in a counter clockwise fashion killing each group.

If there's a NIN, kill it first cause it does AoE utsusemi: san spam. Hug the same wall again once you've completed the wave

Wave 4: Boss + fuck-ton-o'-Fomors
    Surprisingly this wasn't too bad, we just had our GEO switch back to attune/vex and let someone else take care of frailty. We had PLD 1 go and aggro all of the fomors, and the other PLD grabbed the boss and we went straight for it. We did the exact same strategy as the Dullahan, 4 step SCs + fire nukes. I didn't really get hit by many ailments thanks to idris's attune/vex. At 50% I used Yaesagumi cause supposedly his TP moves get worse, but I didn't particularly notice anything. It did do an AoE 30 doom count though, but WHM was easily able to cursna it off. I think we ended with 10 min remaining.

Make sure you set the RoE objective and it gives you a Defiant Sweat for killing it.

Also we exited out after killing the boss cause fuck the adds.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

NMs on Brash Gate seem to be Acuex NM then Brimboil which is a fistule type slime that splits and pops adds that do -gas. Haven't been able to beat Brimboil yet. Elemental gate has an umbril boss on a different map than the one entered. Tons of elementals near it which makes it tough.

I think it's very difficult to win Vagary with ease without 12+ people.

Campaign
    BG Level

This kinda sounds more similar to Einherjar, or Legion, than Delve.
    Odd, I was expecting a Delve-like event.

Anybody can speak about the "currency" you're supposed to gain by killing stuff in Vagary?
    Any conclusive data about scaling?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Brash is probably the easiest of the 3, but by far the most annoying. I think we've had 3 runs so far where we went 1/1 picking correct flux for the first NM, then go 0/4-5 each on picking the next 2 NMs. Hopefully there's some sort of pattern with the mob layouts, like a hot a cold game, to let you know if you're close, though, I've not seen any sort of pattern like that so far. I guess the best method for MB runs right now is to exit and reenter if you don't go 1/1 on first NM so you have enough time if you get unlucky picking next 2.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    This kinda sounds more similar to Einherjar, or Legion, than Delve.
    Odd, I was expecting a Delve-like event.

Anybody can speak about the "currency" you're supposed to gain by killing stuff in Vagary?
    Any conclusive data about scaling?
    The only currency would be the pages I guess? Theres no mention of a plasm equivalent in the notes either.

and theres no scaling

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Hopefully there's some sort of pattern with the mob layouts, like a hot a cold game, to let you know if you're close, though, I've not seen any sort of pattern like that so far.
    There might be since the mobs each flux spawned for Marauc's group was different from mine.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rabid visor and some bow can drop off Acuex NM in Brash Gate. Famine Belt (Magic Acc+4) drops in the fomor one off Dulahan I think.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

For the scaling: Vagary might scale but only the NMs like Delve? Since there are so many trashmobs around it might not feel like it scales at all. SE defo made another event where AoEs rain on your DDs parade. PLD to hold stuff, some skillchain slaves and a backrow of Rangers, nukers and other mages makes seems more desirable. Even petjobs seem to be in high demand and do very well.

you killed all 3 xol bosses already? any insight on strategies?
    Our on the spot strategy basically boiled down to our melee DDs getting facestomped, then PLD holding things while our 3 SCHs rotated Immanence skillchains and MBd to it. Might not be the most effective way to do things but that's what we had lol. Cleared all 3 chambers with 12-13 people.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got any tips to deal with the Fistule NM? the ele chamber wasnt bad

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Putraxia unlocks hands for upgrading. 15 etched memories again and one macuil horn.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sorry, do we know whether or not this event's difficulty scales with number of people?

Campaign
    BG Level

Nynja said a few posts above that there's no scaling, but other people are hypothizing that maybe the NM's HP does scale.
    I didn't see any conclusive data and would love to see more abou this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, what is the lowest number of people anyone has cleared a chamber with?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Went last night on ranger (anni), stayed out of range of most of the AOE. Hate was weird like people have said. Using coro I never pulled hate until I popped Barrage/sharpshot. Thing is I pulled hate for using the JAs, before even shooting. Could be any JA heavy job will find themselves tanking. I'd be curious to see a pld/dnc try and exploit this to see if it works.

Incursion hate had a similar yet different feel to it, where support jobs seem to get targeted more than they should, like spell emnity was multiplied 10x, or emnity from dmg reduced or something along those lines.

How much of this emnity shennanigans is event specific and how much due to the update? Has anyone tried a high tier battlefield since the update? is hate fucked there too?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i think the problem is the initial random hate like in incursion and the enmity change. the initial random hate might be maybe too hight in terms when compared with the recent enmity changes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Well, what is the lowest number of people anyone has cleared a chamber with?
    Fought NMs with 6 and cleared with 12. I am pretty sure the NM and Boss HP scales. But the amount of trashmobs is much much higher than in Delve so bringing more people makes it a good bit easier.

Fistule NM
    It really is a pain in the butt. I have no tricks here, just nuke the spawns hard before they give your squishy members a massage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Rancibus unlocks feet upgrade. need 15 etched memories and one plovid effluvium.