Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagary Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

After spamming this shit for the past 2 days noone I know on Bahamut upgraded his KI. Everyone is just stuck at the HUE message and clueless what else to do. hue hue hue

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, if everyone in your alliance could have a prototype Ashen Wings and have the same upgrade chance then spamming it with just one KI (as we have been) is handicapping yourself to 5% of whatever the intended droprate is.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Fabricated Pearl of Miasma is the KI from beating the Amorph Chamber (Brash Gate). Did you have a Fabricated Sigil Pearl (the item from trading in Befouled Water) when you entered the chamber? Perhaps we're interpreting this wrong and people can be randomly upgraded regardless whether or not they enter but the entering player has a 100% chance of getting upgrade for the first 3 chambers. Thus the best deal would be to farm Ashen Wings for your entire alliance with level 128 runs and wait for someone's to level up instead of banking on repeated runs for one guy.
    Oh that's interesting about random upgrades, but I've never heard of anyone not getting upgrade unless they didn't have Teodor fight done/Vagary CS. I got the KI when I beat Rancibus in CL 130 when I was not the PT leader yes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

At least on the 128 fights I'm pretty sure only the guy who entered got upgrades.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb View Post
    Oh that's interesting about random upgrades, but I've never heard of anyone not getting upgrade unless they didn't have Teodor fight done/Vagary CS. I got the KI when I beat Rancibus in CL 130 when I was not the PT leader yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    At least on the 128 fights I'm pretty sure only the guy who entered got upgrades.
    It's important to distinquish between obtaining KIs like the fabricated pearls and the hue upgrades. Everyone who's flagged for Vagary and has a prototype sigil pearl KI should be receiving the fabricated pearls if they don't already have them. Hue upgrades though AFAIK are leader specific, I've never seen anyone mention theirs changing unless they were the leader.

For references sake, here's the different hues posted earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Darkness...let your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ be bathed in darkness...≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ takes on an umbral hue.≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ grows an even deeper shade of black.≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ is indistinguishable from the dead of night!≺Prompt≻

Blood...let your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ be bathed in blood...≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ takes of a crimson hue.≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ grows an even deeper shade of red.≺Prompt≻

Your ≺Possible Special Code: 01≻≺Possible Special Code: 05≻3≺BAD CHAR: 8280≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻≺BAD CHAR: 80≻ is indistinguishable from a pool of blood!≺Prompt≻

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Went through logs of our runs yesterday and we actually got some different messages:

Lost key item: Prototype sigil pearl.
    === Area: Outer Ra'Kaznar [U] ===
    Darkness...let your prototype pearl of ashen wings be bathed in darkness...
    You have 45 minutes (Earth time) to complete the battle.

This was from Brash Gate. We killed MB and everything. Noticed nothing different at the end. Did get the umbral hue message, but nothing else.

=== Area: Outer Ra'Kaznar [U] ===
    Darkness...let your prototype pearl of ashen wings be bathed in darkness...
    You have 45 minutes (Earth time) to complete the battle.

Again, but this time in Deathborne Gate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just to be clear, was that for everyone, everyone that had an ashen pearl, or just the leader?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So i got a tartarian soul from the gobbie guy today... think it has anything to do with this vagary shit?

nvm guess it's for the new su2 stufff

Magitek

It's used in a goldsmithing synth, check crafting thread.

@Ejin, none of us seem to have gotten that message yet, try running around Duskbrood gate (the elemental zone)? I'm just suggesting this because it's the biggest zone, and it has "doors" that open when you kill NMs. This VNM luck based shit is gonna be annoying, if it's the case.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Has any leader tried running around /healing?

Magitek

Pretty sure someone's has tried it by now

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Just trioed the Darkbrood (elemental) chamber up to the Umbril (got him to 70% or so) trying various things related to the message. I got the message exactly 2 minutes after entering the zone ("You have 45 minutes (Earth time) to complete the battle." timestamp), which was also exactly as we killed the fifth enemy. I killshotted four of them. I then killshotted over 20 more enemies in a row and got no more messages. Perhaps we had already squandered whatever opportunity we had initially by the time we got the message. I don't know if the hybrid elementals link with the miniNMs, or just aggro sight/sound and link with each other, but you could conceivably kill the boss in that zone before hitting 5 kills.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

We've tried letting the person who entered with the "darkness" and eventually "umbral hue" message get killshot on all NMs(both magic and physical), but it still isn't upgrading. Healing isn't working. We've run around every zone checking if doors have unlocked multiple times and nothing.

Only the person entering is getting the darkness and umbral hue message, btw.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So, a few things about Duskbrood/hue message:
    1) First door unlocks only after you kill both the first NM and something else (probably the associated hybrid elementals), so it can't be that you have to kill the NMs first.
    2) Umbril takes reduced damage from magic after you kill off his hybrid elementals. I was nuking him for 11k damage when we pulled him before them. I suspect the trade-off is poor physical damage taken, because the RUN was having some trouble.
    3) The "hue" message was associated with killshot (not time, we waited 2 minutes and the entering guy didn't get the message). We got the message after the entering player's 4th killshot, which is consistent with how many it took when I entered.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the best strat for killing the pixie NM in a magic heavy setup? Even with Geo support, it was taking crap for damage; is its MDT related to something?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It doesn't have MDT, just insane amount of MEva. Idris Focus+Languor was not enough to overcome it, but Subtle Sorcery let our BLMs nuke for normal damage.

The Umbril NM gains huge MDT when you kill the elementals first. I'd be unsurprised if the Pixie gains huge MEva. Umbril takes niiiice damage without the MDT, and if Pixie is exclusively 1/8 resisting then she'd take nice damage without her MEva boost too. I'm confident an alliance could go from the entrance through the Umbril in under 10 minutes (maybe 5 minutes) with the right strategy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Killed Umbril NM about 2min after getting the umbral hue message in a "darkness" message zone and nothing.

I've got darkness and umbral hue message on the same char in all 3 zones now that all resulted in MB being killed and no upgrades yet.

One thing I noticed in Brash 128, and it may have been pure luck since I only have a sample size of two, is that whenever we spawned a pillar and received a coalesence (I don't remember how it was spelled) message then proceeded to pick the same pillar on the opposite side (North/South) we'd spawn a boss. Is this message common, or has anyone else noticed the same pattern?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

has anyone tried the Im scared and let Skokkr take the three KIs? this is in Leafallia

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gorion View Post
    has anyone tried the Im scared and let Skokkr take the three KIs? this is in Leafallia
    this will downgrade you I think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast