BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Plastic Memories

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/4/72750l.jpg

Plot:

Plastic Memories takes place in a city in the near future, in which humans live alongside androids that look exactly like humans and have human emotion and memory. SAI Corp, the leading android production company, has introduced Giftia, a new android model with the most human-like qualities of any other model, which have a set service lifespan of roughly nine years and three months. After this lifespan expires, the androids malfunction due to issues with the production technology.

The story follows protagonist Tsukasa Mizugaki and a Giftia named Isla, both of whom work in SAI Corp's "Terminal Service". The Terminal Service is responsible for retrieving androids who are close to reaching the end of their service lives, and erasing the androids' memories.

Seems slightly different from animes I normally watch, but I really enjoy watching original animes so here goes..

What started off as a comedy episode ended with some pretty heavy feels. Given the premise I think it could head into some very dark territories. And because of that I am glad that it has a lot of comedy in there to balance it out.

Random f̶u̶n̶ somber fact from ep1:
    Spoiler: show
    The robot girl's name was Nina. ;-;-;-;-;

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

yeah, think I'll check it out for the comedy and stay for dem feels. Can see this anime becoming probably really dark later O_o

I'm also expecting some dark times. Just seems inevitable with the whole, "Androids malfunction at the end of their lifespan!" angle.

Can't shake the feeling I've fucking seen the MC before, though, and not just in the generic harem MC sense.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I really liked the animation in this show. Some of the scenery was top notch.

This is gonna rep shigatsu as the tearjerker of the season at some point, I'm sure.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Both the last 2 episodes have been pretty funny right up until the end when they started getting a bit dark. Signs of things to come I guess.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Typical dumb as a rock MC can't do math. When the boss lady mentioned that she lived with Isla for 6 years and she was out in the field for a year previously, I figured he'd connect the dots. Nope.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Typical dumb as a rock MC can't do math. When the boss lady mentioned that she lived with Isla for 6 years and she was out in the field for a year previously, I figured he'd connect the dots. Nope.
    Maybe he knows sort of already, and trying to make her last few days more enjoyable or something? O_o

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well that episode just went really dark. I've been kind of wondering what actually happens to them when their time runs out, and one the girls explains what happens... and so...!
    Spoiler: show
    Its mentioned they run on instinct about 10 hours after the time is expired.
    Black Market +
    Expired android that has lost its will and personality +
    runs on instinct only +
    Female Android
    = hentai soon
    >.>

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh my god. I'm looking forward to the series finale. I hope they don't pull a deus ex machina for the ending. ;_;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think that's unlikely. This show hasn't pulled any punches yet, for what it is. I'd feel like it'd be the exact opposite of this show's entire theme if they allowed Isla to stick around.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Kind of soured on this after ep 5. Been on hold since then. Worth catching up??

If you want to feel teary-eyed now and then, go for it. I can't really say it's a must see in any regard, though. (Music, art, story, characters, etc.)

To be honest, it kinda feels like a harem show that cut the harem.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Kind of soured on this after ep 5. Been on hold since then. Worth catching up??
    IMO the show tried to juggle too many balls and dropped most of them especially with the sci-fi angle with the robot people. At this point it's more like a love story between two people with one having a terminal illness.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    IMO the show tried to juggle too many balls and dropped most of them especially with the sci-fi angle with the robot people. At this point it's more like a love story between two people with one having a terminal illness.
    Haha...that's a pretty good way to look at it. "I love you, but you have robo-cancer."

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I'm thinking I might just drop this then :/

I watched the first two episodes and immediately felt it would under perform. World Trigger on the other hand looks promising still.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Watching this now. Neat series, has a sugary Blade Runner kinda feel to it.