Blog Entries

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/XB1)

All of the Important Scenes
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oiyG-0EY97mi_6

ARG is Over
    [twitchtv]cantkillprogress[/twitchtv]

What we have learned so far:

Augmented arm from stream

"To the world at large, or at least that portion of it that haunts the mustier back alleys of cyberspace, Daedalus is a rather notorious, very mysterious, well-respected outlaw hacker. He doesn't do anything overtly illegal or destructive (or at least he doesn't get caught) so the authorities leave him alone. He has, however, been known to retaliate with strong words and more when anyone attempts to increase restrictions on access to data.
    What Daedalus really is, is the world's first successful wholly autonomous AI. Whatever mysterious organization managed to create the first true artificial intelligence succeeded so well that their creation managed to convince them that they'd failed... and then escaped. Today Daedalus' personality — its "spirit," if you will — suffuses the entire global information network. As a being of pure information, it's not really surprising that Daedalus strongly supports the axiom that "information should be free.""

- description of Daedalus, Deus Ex
    More triangles

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I am not sure why SE cannot just come out and say "new Deus Ex game on the way! Please look forward to it!".

That would be just fine.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Unconfirmed if this is real - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/deus...633499639?mt=8

It's only supposed to appear in the Canadian store. Also, current rumor is that this is a reveal for a current gen remake of the first Deus Ex game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a pretty interesting way of marketing though, but I guess that's just because I don't feel like I need to know RIGHT now what's that. Anyway, a remake of first Deus Ex would be baller.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Newest details

More triangles

Progress on this can also be followed at

http://www.reddit.com/r/cantkillprog...9/live_thread/ (creepy, but informative)
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1022899 (lots of bitching, but still informative)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I can actually appreciate this marketing effort on Square's behalf. I wish they would do stuff like this for FF and DQ titles instead of the dumb Spelunker Z tease + reveal they did for that. Make us guess for a week through tiny leaks and have us piece stuff together before finally saying "Oh yeah, hes some FFXVI info for you to enjoy. Surprise!".

Deus Ex is "eh, sorta want". I can appreciate and actively encourage the way they're doing this, though.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm hyped. I had never played a Deus Ex game until Human Revolution and I loved it. Looking forward to this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

PC, PS4, & XB1

Takes place in Europe.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post

Google Translate that went along with these (it was a Russian site that fucked up)

Square Enix has announced the continuation of the famous cyberpunk series Deus Ex. The new part was subtitled Mankind Divided, it will tell us about how the future society was divided into castes augmented and ordinary people. In the middle of the action will be our old friend Adam Jensen - the protagonist of the game.

As in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the events unfold in different parts of the world. For example, in Prague, Czech Republic, Jensen will have to sort things out with Victor Marchenko - an officer in the so-called Coalition of Human augmented (Augmented Rights Coalition).

The choice offers two styles of play: "quiet" passage and open battle. Artificial intelligence of enemies became better than Deus Ex: Human Revolution , play, respectively, will be more difficult. Enemies travel in groups and if suspected something was wrong, summoned colleagues together to explore the dark corners. No more single dummy.

In an open battle Jensen also have hard times: opponents bypass with flank attack of the entire group. Also at your disposal will go more useful implants. Now, Adam can not only see enemies through walls, but also scan them for electronics and ammunition. Hacker will allow the implant to hack turrets and computers at a distance (as in the Watch Dogs ).

Do you remember the blade in the hands of Jensen? In Mankind Divided is a lethal weapon will receive an alternative type of attack - Adam learned to shoot a crossbow as a blade. Fans of "noisy" passing too will be satisfied: Jensen blinds enemies smokescreen and with the help of X-ray vision shoots them from an automatic rifle.

For protection from enemy fire can be briefly activated nano-shield and then bullets will bounce off the chest of Adam. In general, mechanical augmentations of Human Revolution remained untouched, but the amount of improvement has increased markedly.

The plot of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided remains a mystery. Developers do not plan to migrate from a previous save of the series - solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution will not canonical.

For this reason, we have to say goodbye to some of their favorite characters, including and ( spoiler! ) pilot Farid Malik. In one of the missions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Farida plane was shot down on approach to the landing. Life charming pilot was in the hands of players: could repulse enemy offensive and save Malik or throw it to die at the crash site. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the job we will deliver new pilot - Elias check.

Developers do not plan to transfer stored from the previous part of the series - solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution is not canonical.

The developers promise that additional work will have an impact on the gameplay. For example, if Adam decides to cross the road bandits in the beginning of the game, then later one of the crime bosses can considerably spoil the blood of the main character, set on a group of bandits in the next story mission.

Game development studio is engaged in Eidos Montreal. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided be released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Release date will be announced later.

The developers promise that additional work will have an impact on the gameplay. For example, if Adam decides to cross the road bandits in the beginning of the game, then later one of the crime bosses can considerably spoil the blood of the main character, set on a squad of thugs in one of the story missions.
    And thanks to the leak, Game Informer has revealed it's cover story for May.

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Trailer Tomorrow at 12 PM ET
    Spoiler: show

https://twitter.com/DeusEx/status/585553032198430720

Higher Res versions of the above caps
    Spoiler: show

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My hype train is rolling at full speed!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just no more yellow filter is all I want

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Built with the Dawn Engine, Supports DX12 & AMD's TressFX
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided takes place in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution and the infamous ‘Aug Incident’ in Panchaea that resulted in the death of millions at the hands of those who had installed augmentations. This event has created a huge divide between those who have augmentations, and those who do not. Amongst this emotional turmoil are various factions looking to manipulate the public by twisting public opinion of augmentation to further their own agenda and hide the truth of what really happened.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided also continues the story of Adam Jensen, a former biotech company security chief turned super-augmented, anti-terrorist agent playing by his own rules. Jensen has been empowered with all new augmentations, enabling him and the player a greater sense of self-control as they explore all new locations in-game. As social and political tensions reach a major turning point, Jensen and conspiracies surrounding the Illuminati continue toward an inevitable crossroads … and possibly, an epic showdown.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All of my want.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Now that this is a thing, has any one played the WiiU version? I want to do another play through, but don't know if I should rebuy it for WiiU to try the new features.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I still need to beat the first one. I will probably have to start over because I played it pirated but then bought the director's cut.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'll still never understand preorders without a release date.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast