Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lego: Dimensions (PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One/Wii U)

Game synopsis:

"When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings and The LEGO Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle bravely jump into the vortex and quickly find themselves fighting to save all of LEGO humanity.

Let creativity be the guide to a building and gaming adventure – journey through unexpected worlds and team-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with different minifigures from different worlds together in one LEGO videogame, and use each other’s vehicles and gadgets in a way never before possible. LEGO Bad Cop driving the DeLorean Time Machine…why not?! The LEGO Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules."
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ne...s/1100-151928/

Woke up to this on Nintendo's Youtube, looks to be a traditional Lego game but using multiple properties and cashing in on the Movie characters.... But I did see BACK TO THE FUTURE 3!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

so polygon bought the domain legodimensions.com yesterday, and it links to their article about lego dimensions...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    so polygon bought the domain legodimensions.com yesterday, and it links to their article about lego dimensions...
    strange it goes to the lego website for me...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

they must have just changed it, 5 minutes ago it went to polygon

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh
    @MikeMcWhertor · 2m 2 minutes ago

OK here you go. Sorry for trying to do a funny thing. Have a nice day.
    aka "sorry I got caught generating hits"

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Updated OP with synopsis.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Apparently a Skylands/Disney Infinity style game:

http://www.backtothefuture.com/news-....6yC1EwFQ.dpbs

Showing a Back to the Future pack...

Getting less interested.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Apparently a Skylands/Disney Infinity style game:

http://www.backtothefuture.com/news-....6yC1EwFQ.dpbs

Showing a Back to the Future pack...

Getting less interested.
    I thought you knew this already.

Press Release
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced LEGO Dimensions, an all-new entertainment experience that breaks the rules of traditional gaming to merge physical LEGO brick building with interactive console gameplay in a manner only imaginable in the world of LEGO games. Launching 29th September, 2015, the game will fuse many fan-favourite universes together, including DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, The LEGO Movie, The Wizard of Oz, LEGO Ninjago, Back to the Future, and many more still to be announced.

LEGO Dimensions, developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will be available for Xbox One, the all-in one games and entertainment system from Microsoft and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems and Nintendo´s Wii U system.

For the first time in any LEGO videogame, characters from iconic entertainment franchises join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own. In addition to the game, the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack will include the LEGO Toy Pad, which allows players to transport special LEGO minifigures and other LEGO objects into the game, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, three LEGO Minifigures, including LEGO Batman from DC Comics, LEGO Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings and Wyldstyle from The LEGO Movie, plus the LEGO Batmobile.

“When kids play with LEGO bricks, they build beyond the singular brands, intermixing all of their favourite characters and universes, and we have come up with a way for players to experience that in games,” said Jon Burton, Founder and Creative Director, TT Games. “Now for the first time in a videogame, LEGO fans can play in the virtual world and in the real world – combining everything without restrictions. Imagine putting LEGO Gollum from The Lord of the Rings behind the wheel of the LEGO Delorean in New Ninjago City - the creative play is endless.”

“Building on TT Games’ track record for exceptionally popular, engaging games, LEGO Dimensions expands our LEGO videogame franchise with a breakthrough, immersive interactive entertainment experience that will redefine the toys to life games category,” said Jeff Junge, Senior Vice President, LEGO Franchise and TT Games, Warner Bros. Entertainment. “LEGO Dimensions will bring fans innovative and joyful gameplay with an amazing mash-up of huge brands in both the physical and digital worlds.”

“LEGO Dimensions is unlike anything that we have ever done. It further extends the LEGO play experience into the digital world with all of the characters, humour and action of LEGO videogames now combined with the fun of LEGO minifigure and model building,” said Niels Jørgensen, Vice President, Digital Games for the LEGO Group. “We are thrilled to expand our partnership with TT Games to explore ways in which physical and digital LEGO play can merge in meaningful ways for children.”

In addition to the three minifigure heroes used to start the experience, LEGO Dimensions will allow gamers to customize their experience with additional expansion packs. Highly collectible Level Packs, Team Packs and Fun Packs will provide new buildable characters, vehicles, tools and gadgets, as well as compelling game content with new mission-based levels and unique in-game abilities. All expansion packs will feature well-known properties and provide gamers the opportunity to use everything interchangeably, anywhere throughout the game – with no limitations.

A small sample of packs available in 2015 include the Back to the Future Level Pack with a LEGO Marty McFly minifigure, a LEGO Ninjago Team Pack with Kai and Cole minifigures, three Ninjago Fun Packs with Jay, Nya and Zane minifigures, two DC Comics Fun Packs with Wonder Woman and Cyborg minifigures, three The Lord of the Rings Fun Packs with LEGO Gollum, LEGO Gimli and LEGO Legolas minifigures, four The LEGO Movie Fun packs with Emmet, Bad Cop, Benny and Unikitty characters, and a The Wizard of Oz Fun Pack with a LEGO Wicked Witch of the West minifigure. Additional packs to round out the 2015 assortment will be announced in the months leading to launch. Further waves of expansion packs will be released regularly following the launch of the game and into 2016.

LEGO Dimensions not only offers a bridge between digital and physical LEGO play, but also introduces a digital system of play with great long-term value for LEGO gaming. One LEGO Toy Pad, LEGO Gateway and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer endless opportunities to customize a player’s experience for years to come. Future expansion pack purchases will continue to work with the Starter Pack, even in the fall of next year. No compatibility chart necessary.
    Packs currently available for purchase:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...en%2Caps%2C123
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?_encoding...s%3Dvideogames

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All I had really see was the trailer and one article that neglected that fact

(I may still buy the Back to the Future pack solely because it would be nice to own and I'm a huge fan)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh god damnit... this has me actually wanting the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Details, Coming September 29th
    The innovative LEGO Toy Pad – which allows any combination of seven characters, vehicles and gadgets to be simultaneously brought into the game at one time – features three distinct areas of RGB light technology that produce a broad array of colours to provide hints and puzzles for the player to solve.

SHIFT mode is activated when characters need to use coloured vortexes in the game to avoid danger or traverse areas, the player must physically move the corresponding LEGO minifigure to the correctly coloured light section that will enable them to transport the character to the vortex of their choice.

Using SCALE, players can shrink LEGO characters down to micro-size or up to super-size by physically placing the LEGO minifigure on a distinctly colored section of the LEGO Toy Pad. By scaling the character in this manner, the player will be able to access new areas and complete puzzles placed around the level.

Additional modes of the LEGO Toy Pad – CHROMA, ELEMENTAL, and LOCATE – offer further challenges that require a level of interaction between physical and digital play never before seen in the toys to life category.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment also revealed a Portal Level Pack with a LEGO Chell minifigure, a The Simpsons Level Pack with a LEGO Homer Simpson minifigure and The Simpsons Fun Packs with LEGO Bart Simpson and LEGO Krusty the Clown minifigures, plus a Jurassic World Team pack with LEGO Owen and LEGO ACU trooper minifigures.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I want this... but I don't want to pay for a figurine game <,<

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fuck man... this game is so fucking tempting to pick up.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Fuck man... this game is so fucking tempting to pick up.
    I gave up when i saw the prices

Starter kit is 109$ CDN and each pack is 30$ CDN

Soooo, anyone else playing this? I'm having a blast so far.