+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Notifications?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Notifications?

I usually visit the control panel page to check threads I'm subscribed to but starting just a bit ago I'm now getting a green notification flag when there are new posts in threads I'm subscribed to. Did someone tinker with something? I haven't touched my settings at all.

It's really obnoxious. There's one thread I'm not checking (GoT) until I've watched the episode because I don't want to be spoiled. Is there a way to turn this off? I looked through settings and I updated all of my notification stuff but it's still there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

this happened to me also as of yesterday. Now every post I make auto-subscribes that thread. I don't think I did anything to create this change, but its very annoying since w/in minutes I have like 30+ notifications unless i manually delete every subscription after I make any post in a thread.

Makes me not want to make any posts... oh wait now this thread is subscription since i posted in it lol

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

See, I'm the opposite. I want my threads to auto-subscribe. In the other thread, Ragns said something about people bitching because they wanted an easy way to check for new posts. If you go to the "Settings" link in the top, it takes you to the User Control Panel, which lists all of your subscribed threads that have new posts so you can check them easily. So instead what happened was Ragns (I'm assuming) force unsubscribed me from every thread I've ever posted in on this website (which pissed me off), rather than realizing that there already was an easy way for people to keep up with new posts. It's not my fault no one knows how to work this goddamn website properly.

And I spent about 5 hours today going through and looking for threads I've posted in, and I'm not even close to done yet. I'm still really pissed about that, since I did specifically say that I like the subscribed threads feature.

And if you don't, there is away to turn it off. But people bitching about not being able to find threads are fucking dumb. That option already exists, without a goddamn green notification flag.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Getting the same. Logged in today and said I had 22 notifictions O.o Ragns you break something while killing spiders !?!

Glad it wasn't just me... i've spent the last 30 mins trying to figure out how to turn it off...

Hit me yesterday, too. Wound up deleting some 1000+ subs I never made and made sure the not-sub option was checked.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

this is how I feel

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I accidentally scrubbed my autosubscribed threads because I was trying to get rid of the notifications

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yeah the other thread shows how to remove it. at least it wasn't just me and it was extremely awful

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

ragns made me do this

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Emptying current folder deletes all your subs or you can individually get rid of them

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Sono, is there some way that whoever unsubscribed me from everything can un-do it? Because it's actually fucking driving me up the wall that I'm no longer subscribed to everything even if threads have long been dead. It's an obsessive thing.

I'm really annoyed that someone did that for me, when I could have done that on my own if I had wanted to. Which I didn't, and I know that I said it at least three different times that I like being subscribed to threads and it was summarily ignored.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post

ragns made me do this
    lol gold

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Sono, is there some way that whoever unsubscribed me from everything can un-do it? Because it's actually fucking driving me up the wall that I'm no longer subscribed to everything even if threads have long been dead. It's an obsessive thing.

I'm really annoyed that someone did that for me, when I could have done that on my own if I had wanted to. Which I didn't, and I know that I said it at least three different times that I like being subscribed to threads and it was summarily ignored.
    not that I can see, no

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Oh well, thanks for looking.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Maybe it's possible to make a program or browser extension that will crawl through the forum checking every thread for if you've posted to it, then subscribing you if you haven't.
    But it'd be an involved project to do, most of the people capable of doing it would probably aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif the proposal.