+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Oh the scene in the future where everyone who's alive has been surviving and fighting for years and she does like 2 moves before talking them all down? How unrealistic, total SJW agenda stuff right there, Jesus fuck man how many movies are you going to ruin for yourself because you're obsessing over this stuff?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Someone alive years into a post-apocalyptic wasteland knows how to fight?? Turn off this unrealistic bullahit and put on Roadhouse.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

So you were proven wrong and now grasping at straws to attempt to attack my character over my opinion in any way you can. It’s unrealistic and looks stupid, that’s it. My point was it was an agenda to include her, if it made the story better in any way it would be fine, but it simply went with girl power and it looked horrid. The action was good but the story was trash for that reason.

Edit: now you’re posting super fast to further support your fervor . Gosh golly how dare this idiot not agree with me. Yeah a 5ft midget gains super powers after being in a post apocalyptic world. Even worse than the original future of t2, cmon now.

BG Level

You're picking out a scene that's less than 20 seconds long to prove your point and I'm grasping at straws?

Why is it every fucking action movie in the universe people find it ok to say "turn your brain off and enjoy it!" unless there's a woman involved, and why only today? Is The Long Kiss Goodnight ruined for you? Did you think Atomic Blonde was garbage?

And better question, WHY is it a movie about girl power because a skinny woman has a (blink and you'll miss it, I honestly forgot about it because it was so wildly unimportant to the movie) fight scene when they were not subtle at ALL about their illegal immigration agenda?

BG Level

Also those posts were 3 minutes apart so I guess typing at a rate of 1.5 sentences every 2 minutes is "too fast" and a sign of my fervor.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I don’t give a shit that’s she’s an illegal Mexican woman, my point was they ruined the plot and killed a beloved character and tarnished t2 image. All of that for no gain, just so short gurls can think they can body people with super Mary Sue moves in real life. Think that’s good? It’s about girl power because they literally did a dat swap on the story, John is now Mexican lady, sky net is legion, etc. All to promote an agenda and not entertain or further character development in an established story(t1,2)

BG Level

Because the star is SARAH CONNER.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don’t give a shit that’s she’s an illegal Mexican woman, my point was they ruined the plot and killed a beloved character and tarnished t2 image. All of that for no gain, just so short gurls can think they can body people with super Mary Sue moves in real life. Think that’s good? It’s about girl power because they literally did a dat swap on the story, John is now Mexican lady, sky net is legion, etc. All to promote an agenda and not entertain or further character development in an established story(t1,2)
    What is the agenda? That a girl can do the same thing a boy can? (be protected by Sarah Connor and a Terminator)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is turning into the little mermaid thread again where Bentertainment Geekly is hopping for days but for the worst reasons.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Where was all the "this is SJW crap" posters at when Atomic Blonde came out? Oh wait, it's not SJW crap if the person is also regarded as a sex symbol, and is hot.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Spoiler: show

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man this topic turned yikes real quick outta nowhere.

I don't understand why someone suddenly cares about realism when it comes to a woman like any normal person would've survived the airplane scene or the underwater dam scene irl. Like if you're more concerned about one of the main characters being a woman instead of the unrealistic assed ways total amateurs survived some of the most dangerous situations to ever be in, it's really hard to take that opinion seriously.

Just say you didn't like the main character they chose to go with and move on.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I can say whatever the hell I want, lol. You that easily offended over someones opinion that you "yikes" and "wow"? It isn't like I'm saying something so controversial and edgy, its something literally every review anywhere mentions. Not everyone wants to see that wamen power in every single movie, especially in an established franchise like Terminator. Look at the results, the movie BOMBED. You cannot explain that any other way than this movie being shit, what realistic reason do you have for this movie doing so poorly? Obviously my opinion was not in the minority. The movie destroyed the original T1/2 by attempting a political statement and killing off a beloved character. If the girl power thing actually made the movie great, I would not care, but it didn't as it made it worse. They tried so hard to fit everything PC into this movie, including Mexicans crossing border, first half of the movie in Spanish, girl power etc, that they didn't give any shits about the story or impact it would have on the original two movies.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is this what y'all feel like when you're dealing with Quartz in YCS?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I can honestly see why people stop posting on this forum anymore. It's filled with a bunch of people who personally attack anyone with a differing opinion and they want to keep it an echo chamber. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the movie did terribly and we are all here to discuss our opinions on it, that includes negative ones. Look at the sales for this movie, it did not do well, the end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Box office is hardly an indicator on if a movie is “good” or not. Lots of terrible movies make bank and lots of great films flop. It’s fine to say you dislike or like the movie but the way you are posting so heated I’m thinking you are one or two posts away from going full on “back in my day these (insert minority) knew their place, bunch of snowflakes bundles of sticks around here” etc.

Maybe that’s not your intention at all but boy it sure looks like it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No one gives a shit that you don't like the movie lol. That's totally OK, different people like different things. And no one here is "offended" by your opinion. We just think its a really dumb fucking opinion to have lol. T1 and 2 were all about strong female protagonists lol.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I think your opinion is dumb as fuck too, yet I don't attack you personally or phrase my posts in a way that insinuates that you're crazy or delusional. Having a strong female protagonist had nothing to do with my opinion. The fact they killed off a prominent and popular male character just to make a political statement, is where my opinion comes in. They literally went out of their way to increase the PC and political garbage to 120% and completely skipped on developing a good story that continued off T2 like they advertised. If they killed off Sarah instead and replaced her with an Uncle that protected John for the whole movie just like she would, I would be annoyed too.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Box office is hardly an indicator on if a movie is “good” or not. Lots of terrible movies make bank and lots of great films flop. It’s fine to say you dislike or like the movie but the way you are posting so heated I’m thinking you are one or two posts away from going full on “back in my day these (insert minority) knew their place, bunch of snowflakes bundles of sticks around here” etc.

Maybe that’s not your intention at all but boy it sure looks like it.
    Box office is hardly an indicator? lol, okay.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Box office is hardly an indicator? lol, okay.
    Dude, before bumblebee, the last two transformers movies made bank both domestic and international and were fucking garbage. Plenty of great movies didn't do jack in the box office. How hard is that to fucking understand? If box office receipts are your only standard on what a good movie is, then I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast