+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

HARDLY an indicator, read properly now. It is a strong part of determining whether a movie is a success or not, and in part if its "Good". Mainly because, if it was a good movie it would sell well. On the low end you can't really use an excuse, on the high end you can be skeptical because of other factors.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    if it was a good movie it would sell well.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So as others have said, I guess Godfather Part 2 isn't good because it didn't do well in theaters. Scott Pilgrim was shit then because it didn't even make half it's budget in the box office. Shawshank redemption barely made it's budget back. Clue didn't even make 15 million to break even.

No one here is going to say Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 was a good movie. It made over 100 million. The last airbender grossed over 300 million world wide and was fucking awful. Fantastic 4 made 168 million world wide and it was the worst in the franchise.

God damn, some of you are making me miss the racist poster who said Black Panther would flop because of it's all black cast........

BG Level

look hate all the evil feminist agendas destroying your previously totally apolitical fiction you want but come on man movies like Fight Club and Children of Men and Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Dredd and both Blade Runners and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Mullholand Drive and The Iron Giant bombed big time some not even making half their budget back

come on man

cooooooome ooooooooooon

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You are talking bout exceptions, the majority of cases what I said is true lol. You are comparing Terminator: Dark Fate to the Godfather and Shawshank redemption... ok. Again, I said on the high end (things that sold well) you can be skeptical, but when somthing sells poorly like this movie, there are obvious reasons right in front of you to determine that it wasn't good for the majority of people, hence why it sold poorly.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

If the criticism was "I don't like that they got rid of John Conner because that's a character I was invested in," that would make sense to me, it's pretty much everything other criticism you've leveled that I can't see at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

You are talking bout exceptions, the majority of cases what I said is true lol. You are comparing Terminator: Dark Fate to the Godfather and Shawshank redemption... ok. Again, I said on the high end (things that sold well) you can be skeptical, but when somthing sells poorly like this movie, there are obvious reasons right in front of you to determine that it wasn't good for the majority of people, hence why it sold poorly.
    Actually I'm on Draylo's side now that he's leveled this reasoning; finally proof that I'm right about how great The Last Jedi is.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You're all grasping at straws to defend this movie. The fans of the original two movies hated this crap, and you can try to defend it all you want but it doesn't make the movie better. You can keep skipping around the point, but the public has spoken and dissecting this movie, its a pile of crap in comparison to T2. Genesys did poorly too, I actually was entertained by it but obviously people do not like it and this continues on that poor box office performance, you wanna keep defending this franchise at this point?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked the original 2 movies (T2 is one of my top 3 all time movies), have hated every since, but liked this one.

BG Level

I loved the first 2 movies and also loved this, though.

BG Level

I also enjoyed Genisys, to be honest. Like a Saturday morning cartoon Terminator.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Actually I'm on Draylo's side now that he's leveled this reasoning; finally proof that I'm right about how great The Last Jedi is.

I have no idea what you're talking about but the Last Jedi was garbage. Can we all remember that we all have different opinions? lol. I don't get to publish the final say in the annals of history to determine whether this movie is great or not, I'm simply giving my opinion and it appears many felt the same as me if you look at the evidence.

If the criticism was "I don't like that they got rid of John Conner because that's a character I was invested in," that would make sense to me, it's pretty much everything other criticism you've leveled that I can't see at all.
    Yes that is one of my points, another is all the PC garbage they shoved into this and instead of all that effort they placed on that, they could have actually made a good story for the movie.

BG Level

I didn't like that they made a scrawny woman a badass who took down Terminators and killed John Conner but what can you do.

Wait.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I thought it was entertaining too, I liked the action sequences a lot. I felt the overboard PC killed the story for me, including the beginning which really bothered me. For a brain dead action film it does good, for a fan expecting a good continuation of T2 like was promised, it sucked in that aspect.

I didn't like that they made a scrawny woman a badass who took down Terminators and killed John Conner but what can you do.
    Honestly, what the hell are you talking about? You're literally foaming at the mouth to try and attack me and my opinion, calm down kid.

BG Level

You're all grasping at straws to defend this movie.
    i haven't said one word about the movie just pointing out your logic re box office returns is bad and you should feel bad

BG Level

I have no idea what you're talking about but the Last Jedi was garbage.
    Last Jedi made $1.3B.

BG Level

as if any further proof could ever be needed financial success is not correlated to quality

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Big Lebowski didn't even break $50 mil at the box office, so obviously that movie must be complete trash.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Apparently none of you can read or maybe youre intentionally doing it. Re read my posts, thanks.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

He said box office results are HARDLY an indication a movie is good. I didagreed, they are a big influence in determining if a movie is bad or good, not the only influence or factor but its important.

If a movie does well you can be skeptical, if a movie does bad at box office in most cases (not all) you can assume its bad. Thats why reviews, box office success, etc are all factors in determining if a movie was a success. Get off my dick lol.

None of that debates my points that this was a SJW political garbage. Youre just nit pickint at anything i say to try and make me appear crazed for my opinion when everyone is allowed to have one. Stop trying to create an echo chamber.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast