FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Guitar Hero Live

According to a report published by French newspaper Le Monde, as appeared on Yahoo France – the link to which has since been removed, the new entry is called Guitar Hero Live and will feature a new controller.

The game is developed by the UK studio behind DJ Hero, FreeStyleGames. The new, redesigned controller, will reportedly feature two rows, each with three keys. Guitar Hero Live will feature gameplay from the first-person perspective, letting players step into the shoes of a rock star.
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/14/new-...ective-report/
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...082305741.html

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

A lot has changed since Guitar Hero first launched nearly 10 years ago. We’re playing on a new generation of game consoles, music is streaming and more readily accessible than ever, and smartphones and tablets are practically household items. With Guitar Hero Live, Activision and developers FreeStyleGames (DJ Hero, DJ Hero 2) are reimagining the series for the modern era, introducing live-action audiences and band mates that react dynamically to how you play, the world's first 24-hour playable music video network, a completely redesigned guitar controller, and support for both consoles and mobile devices alike.

In a sense, Guitar Hero Live is two games in one—GH Live and GHTV. GH Live is all about living out your dreams of rock stardom with vivid realism. You take a first-person view as you join real bands and perform for real crowds, whether it be for small clubs or headlining massive music festivals. From getting hyped with your band backstage to closing out your set to a sold out venue, you’ll see and hear it all. But it’s more than just about the sights and sounds, it’s about feeding off the crowd and band as they react in real-time as you play. You’ll see everything from fans cheering along to your perfect note streak to worried glances from your band as you start to lag behind.

While GH Live focuses on the thrill of the performance, GHTV is all about discovering new music. With a network of playable music video stations, you can fire up GHTV and play along with official music videos from a broad range of genres. Across both modes, Guitar Hero Live will feature hundreds of songs from a diverse array of artists, including The Black Keys, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Gary Clark, Jr., Green Day, Ed Sheeran, The War on Drugs, The Killers, Skrillex, The Rolling Stones, The Lumineers, Carrie Underwood, Pierce the Veil and Blitz Kids, with many more bands to be announced in the coming months. It's also designed to be a social experience. In GHTV, you can compete for the highest score with your friends in the same room or online, while also completing challenges.

At the center of it all, however, is the new Guitar Hero Live controller. The guitar controller has been redesigned to both look and feel more authentic. With two rows of three buttons, it’s easier than ever to pick up and play, but offers more complexity as your skills evolve. The new button configuration lets you form chord shapes and note combinations as you increase the difficulty. Best of all, we’re bringing Guitar Hero Live—guitar controller and all—to mobile. For the first time ever, fans will be able to get the full console experience on their tablet or smartphone, including both the full GH Live and GHTV modes.

Guitar Hero Live is coming to PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, and select mobile devices this fall with an MSRP of $99.99. However, you may not have to wait that long to try it out. Today, fans are invited to come check out the game at the Best Buy Theatre in New York City from 6pm ET to 9pm ET. We’ll also be bringing it to several other retail locations in later this week, so check out GuitarHero.com for more details.

We can’t wait to share more about Guitar Hero Live. To keep up to-date, stay tuned to the Activision Games Blog and follow @Activision on Twitter. You can also find Guitar Hero on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other social platforms.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

lmao

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Best of all, no backwards compatibility for instruments!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

and presumably no cross compatibility. if i could use the same controller for RB4 and this I miiight consider it, but fuck having multiple guitars

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

To be released Fall 2015

Spoiler: show

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Controller looks interesting. Just not 100 dollars interesting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Best of all, no backwards compatibility for instruments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    and presumably no cross compatibility. if i could use the same controller for RB4 and this I miiight consider it, but fuck having multiple guitars
    Can't use previous songs either.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-compatibility

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just watched with no sound. Do they talk about how awful they are at this?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Why do I have this "Sega CD pre-recorded movie" vibe from the whole thing? I'm going to be a bit cautious about venturing into this one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rizil View Post
    Why do I have this "Sega CD pre-recorded movie" vibe from the whole thing? I'm going to be a bit cautious about venturing into this one.
    Because it's 2015 and they're using 1990's FMV tech. As they mention in the gameplay video, which they played bad on purpose to see the response, it'll be cool the first few times, but beyond that it'll be a bore to watch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

watching that makes me nauseous

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    From that article:
    Some owners of previous Guitar Hero games will be disappointed to hear that the songs and peripherals they already own do not work with Guitar Hero Live. This makes sense, when you consider the gameplay and guitar controller have been re-jigged. And let's remember that Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is five years old now. But given Rock Band 4 developer Harmonix is working to let players transfer their DLC over and use the old peripherals, Guitar Hero Live feels a tad stingy.

"It's not 2010 any more," Jackson said. "There are not many other games that let you use stuff you bought back then in their games now. The difference with this is, it's completely different gameplay. So, quite simply, the DLC you bought just won't work. The guitar is different. The way we've presented it is different.
    Um...what? Your main, actually, your SOLE competitor in the music game genre field, Rock Band 4, is doing just that.

I...just...what?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    From that article:

Um...what? Your main, actually, your SOLE competitor in the music game genre field, Rock Band 4, is doing just that.

I...just...what?
    Exactly why I have zero interest in a new Guitar Hero game. RB 4 LYFE SON

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

"You don't want OLD music, do you? It goes stale! It's not good anymore, it's FIVE YEARS OLD! 2010 was so long ago! Embrace the future!"

I'm glad GH2 was my last GH purchased. Played a little of 3 at a friend's house and I'm fairly sure I could shit better note charts for some of that stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The pre-rendered scenes are just awful. Its not like the crowd reacts to you doing badly, all the camera does is pan to a part of the audience that has a different reaction, before panning back to that same part of the audience w/ them reacting poorly. Its not like you see them changing their reaction in real time

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't worry guys, your old Guitar Hero instruments are going to work with Rock Band 4 according to a new press release. Good thing Harmonix is using all of this GH shit to advertise their game. lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt