Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Woman's contract with att ends this month and even tho she has unlimited data this is our first chance to get onto the same plan/company (I have Verizon).

I'm 1yr into my s6 edge but on Verizon edge and can leave now for a fee and sell the phone.

Debating going google route but the new g5, htc, and s7 are pretty great phones and it's hard for me to consider going to the 5x or 6p when newer better tech is out. Only upside is you own the Google phones and if they release something new you can just sell yours.

She pays 80 now and I 65, I think we'll both be around 40-50 each on fi. Use phone all day long at work so really need a solid one, thoughts?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Don't want that 5G network AT&T is going to be rolling out after the testing phase?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

She may lose unlimited data (although I believe its throttled at 2gb) if I join her plan, also both of us would be paying 80-85 each on AT&T. I am fine going to AT&T and getting an S7/HTC/G5 and having them pay my ETF, but it is pricey. Also we'd be on contracts and not early upgrades like I am now. So fi would be a shitload cheaper.

We live in Jersey, go to NYC a ton, Philly/Balt/DC some. Going to France for a month in the summer - All this seems like Fi would work great for us.

edit: I'm thinking 80ish for me would be contract, not early upgrade, think its even higher.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FedEx just dropped off my Nexus 6P. This phone looks fuckin' sweet. Mind you, my previous phone was a ZTE Savvy and the one before that was one of those old ass Nokia phones that stop bullets.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I don't know anything about phone tech, but I'm happy with my Nexus 6 (the older one) and the service has been great. I know everyone likes to upgrade to the shiny new phone, but are you really going to notice that much difference between the two phones?

Everyone (myself included) always compares processors and all that crap between phones, but how often do you actually need the full power of what they put in there. Even watching Netflix isn't taxing on phones these days.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    She may lose unlimited data (although I believe its throttled at 2gb) if I join her plan, also both of us would be paying 80-85 each on AT&T. I am fine going to AT&T and getting an S7/HTC/G5 and having them pay my ETF, but it is pricey. Also we'd be on contracts and not early upgrades like I am now. So fi would be a shitload cheaper.

We live in Jersey, go to NYC a ton, Philly/Balt/DC some. Going to France for a month in the summer - All this seems like Fi would work great for us.

edit: I'm thinking 80ish for me would be contract, not early upgrade, think its even higher.
    Boyiee, if I recall (could be wrong) aren't you an EMT? You should be able to get a discount with AT&T. I'd also call them and see about rates and not go into a store. When we wanted to switch off of the unlimited data we were grandfathered in, they managed to fuck it up badly, so after a couple of calls, I got them to give me 20gb shared for 100 a month before my discount, + the costs of our two 128gb Iphone 6S+

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

They are doing a promo right now aren't there if you have uverse or their direct tv and internet bundled you get the unlimited data on the lines and through the end of the month you get a 48 samsung tv when buying the s7

looking into switching from verizon to them just for all this seams nice

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah with the discount I think I come down to about 80/mo because I'd probably be financing for the next program or whatever they call early upgrade.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I've had my nexus 6P and Project Fi for about 3 months now, so if people have specific questions I can try to answer them. Just for disclosure, I live in the northeast and this is the first actual smartphone I've owned, so comparisons to other phones aren't going to be possible for me.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been pretty mixed on using Fi since I joined last December. Paying $25/mo is extremely hard to beat but the coverage in my region is absolutely shit. Both T-Mobile and Sprint are 1 bar with no data/emergency only even in town and I have no coverage at my house unless I mooch off the router.

I just really don't want to return to US Cellular with their $85/mo plan and much superior coverage area since I hardly ever use data outside of hotspots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4