Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My BackerKit account is fucked up; been waiting for 2 days to get a response so I can get the Toybox downloaded. ZZzzzzzZzzZ

I can't wait to play around with it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    That music is perfect.
    Yah, I'm not even nostalgic for Banjo, really only ever played a little bit of the first one... and I watched the Jimquisition playthrough of the demo and It felt like what I remembered that game being. I'm sure there are many people very excited for this, I'm interested myself honestly, especially since it'll be on PS4

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Played around with the toybox, it's everything I could've wanted out of a Banjo-Threeie type game and more and the game part isn't even in yet. So excited.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Award-winning international games label Team17 and Playtonic Games, the UK studio formed by veterans of the platforming genre, have released a new gameplay trailer showcasing a whole host of new characters including a very special guest indeed!

Following the worldwide consumer premiere at the UK’s biggest games event, EGX, the all-new trailer focuses on the multitude of unique, colourful characters that inhabit the world of their hotly anticipated open-world platformer, Yooka-Laylee. Team17 and Playtonic Games have also revealed that they’ve teamed up with the talented Yacht Club Games to bring their eponymous hero Shovel Knight to Yooka-Laylee in a special guest appearance.

Among many other characters making an appearance within the new trailer are:

Capital B - Cunning bizzness executive Capital B is the CEO of diabolical corporation Hivory towers, which has recently joined forces with ingenious tech firm Quack Corp. Together, they’re about to launch their most devious scheme yet: To absorb all of the world’s books and take over the world!

Trowzer – The serpent salesman claims to be the most skilled and knowledgeable character in the game, though Laylee suspects he’s little more than a dodgy dealer. During their adventure, Yooka and Laylee can purchase advanced manoeuvres from Trowzer’s travelling moves shop.

Dr. Quack - The former partner of Dr. Puzz, Quack’s increasingly wild experiments lead him down the path of corruption. Now fully clad in a not-so-hi-tech ‘biosuit’, the ‘good’ doctor uses his scientific expertise to power up Hivory Towers’ Corplet employees

Dr. Puzz - A hapless scientist who’s experience more than her share of tentacle – erm ‘technical’ issues, Dr. Puzz will use her D.N.Ray to transform Yooka and Laylee into a plethora of crazy critters and help them on their adventure.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lots of updates from Kickstarter:

Releases on PC, Linux, PS4, and XB1 on April 11, 2017.

Wii U Version Cancelled (Wii U backers can move to any other platform), working with Nintendo to port to Switch (which I think means it will be on Switch on 4/11 but not allowed to announce it yet).

Backers can Upgrade to Physical Version of Game

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This game is really looking fanatastic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rextro’s Arade
    Playable in both single-player mode or with up to four players in local multiplayer, these 8 unique competitive games are designed to channel the heyday of couch multiplayer, when ‘lag’ meant forgetting what time of day it was when your mates eventually switched off and stumbled home.

There are eight different games – accompanied by retro-tastic tunes from the one and only Steve Burke (Kameo, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts) – including arena brawler Glaciators, old-school racer Kartos Karting and the friendship-destroying Jobstacle Course. Check out more screenshots over on the Yooka-Laylee game page.

As well as the local multiplayer arcade games, Yooka-Laylee offers a second player the opportunity to co-star in the main Yooka-Laylee adventure. Taking control of the Bee Team, a second player can grab quills, collect and store butterflies, stop traps and more!

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yooka-Laylee has gone Gold: http://www.playtonicgames.com/going-gold/

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Their Steam community forums have been on fire with people asking for refunds.

This whole thing is retarded. JonTron sucks for making stupid comments, the devs had every right to remove his contribution and the people who were offended by that had the right to get a refund. But then devs are being bitches about it rather than professionals which could end up hurting them, which would also be dumb as hell.

I mean it's all stupid but the merry-go-round of dumb is just making everyone more mad. I mean it's fun to watch but I dunno how I feel about any of this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I miss the simple days of gaming when devs could sneak in an island shaped like a dick and people just giggle like schoolgirls.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Embargo just lifted... it's getting average to above average reviews.

EDIT: Make that very mixed reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Embargo just lifted... it's getting average to above average reviews.

EDIT: Make that very mixed reviews.
    Extremely mixed. I've never seen a game get such high and also such low reviews from official review sites.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I hear Jim Sterling gave it a 2, but I haven't read as to why.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was bound to happen. The game won't appeal to a very wide audience and it launched with pre-cooked controversy surrounding it.

That said knowing Jim Cuckling he probably gave it a 2 because some of the pickups resemble dollar signs and he mistook that for micro transactions.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Was bound to happen. The game won't appeal to a very wide audience and it launched with pre-cooked controversy surrounding it.

That said knowing Jim Cuckling he probably gave it a 2 because some of the pickups resemble dollar signs and he mistook that for micro transactions.
    You should sue him bro.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

People complaining about Laylee being racist...? lol.

If that is by some stretch true, wonder why PlayTonic decided to grandstand on the "Jontron is racist" issue.

I read through Cuckling's review and honestly it just seems like he doesn't like 90s platformers and anything remotely non-PC (like Trowzer the Snake "being named after a penis") is heinous. Shit like this:

Also, Yooka himself sounds like a total fucking pervert every time he “speaks.” It’s actually quite distressing.
    The dialog as written is only slightly less painful with terrible jokes that undeservedly throw shade at other games and Laylee’s “witty” quips routinely insulting the looks of any creature that isn’t her, often using derogatory nicknames based on their appearance. She’ll toss out slurs against snakes, shopping carts, clouds, she doesn’t care. Laylee is a complete racist, and as facetious as I’m being here, she really does come off as a hateful, nasty, thoroughly unlikable little bastard.
    I mean I knew Cuckling was an extreme SJW but fuck.