Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

13th Anniversary Mog Bonanza

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
    We are pleased to announced another Mog Bonanza in celebration of 13 years of Vana'diel!

Marbles on sale: from Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, June 16 at the same hour
    Winning numbers announced: Thursday, July 16 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)
    Prizes distributed: Thursday, July 16 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, July 30 at the same hour

Keep an eye out during the next few days for a full list of the wonderful prizes planned this time around as well as more details on how to participate!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Month wait from buying marbles to exchanging, ugh. I preferred the last 2 times where it was like a week or 2

Campaign
    BG Level

Thank god for Mog Safe II or we'd be in trouble, inventory-wise!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Pretty sure I'll somehow find a way to fill up the 80 extra inv before I actually buy marbles... but yeah extra inv will be nice cause I have no space for them right now. That said totally looking forward to 90 mythics and kraken club for rank 1 again for what might be the last mog bonanza. Though they'll probably still do the new years one in December.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Pretty sure I'll somehow find a way to fill up the 80 extra inv before I actually buy marbles... but yeah extra inv will be nice cause I have no space for them right now. That said totally looking forward to 90 mythics and kraken club for rank 1 again for what might be the last mog bonanza. Though they'll probably still do the new years one in December.
    maybe they'll add in november a weekly mogbonanza that goes automatic through!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

@ FNH,

I could be wrong but I remember the first Bonanzas ever were like 2-3 months total werent they? That way all those silly people with max amount of mules to win stuff would have to pay for those mules those extra months. Am I remembering this correctly? I dont even remember being able to turn the marbles in when the numbers were released either (originally at least). there was some time between that right? It Might not have been 3 full months but like, at the ass end of a month would be the "buy marbles" period then wait a whole month for numbers and then in the beginning of the next month you could turn them in. Something like that?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure if that was the plan considering the very first bonanza had a lvl 5 requirement

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Weekly? No. Monthly? Maybe. I could see something tied to the login campaigns.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    @ FNH,

I could be wrong but I remember the first Bonanzas ever were like 2-3 months total werent they? That way all those silly people with max amount of mules to win stuff would have to pay for those mules those extra months. Am I remembering this correctly? I dont even remember being able to turn the marbles in when the numbers were released either (originally at least). there was some time between that right? It Might not have been 3 full months but like, at the ass end of a month would be the "buy marbles" period then wait a whole month for numbers and then in the beginning of the next month you could turn them in. Something like that?
    The first ones had long periods before the numbers were announced, yes. The last 2 at least were only a week wait.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yea It definitely has gotten better since then. Maybe its a new strategy since people think the game is dying after november or whatever. Anything to get someone to pay ha.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    The first ones had long periods before the numbers were announced, yes. The last 2 at least were only a week wait.
    The last one was in December with marble sales going from December 24th to January 27th. Winning Numbers weren't announced till February 19th. The one before that was May 16th to June 18th with winning numbers announced on July 8th. That may not be the full month BS that this one is but it's way longer than 1 week. Man I wish any of them had a 1 week turnaround...

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    maybe they'll add in november a weekly mogbonanza that goes automatic through!
    Unless they decide to take maintenance mode to such a degree as to be "no-touching" the code mode, they could still make more Mog Bonanzas with only the skeleton crew that they intend to have. Mog Bonanzas aren't content as much as they are cheeky events that don't require the implementations of things like zones and animation. Heck, they might even be able to implement them exclusively from a data-oriented perspective.

SE did imply though that they'd retain some control over animation development to make RUN and GEO emotes, so I believe that much control over game assets should allow them to continue to make Mog Bonanza in a non-automated fashion.

The last one was in December with marble sales going from December 24th to January 27th. Winning Numbers weren't announced till February 19th. The one before that was May 16th to June 18th with winning numbers announced on July 8th. That may not be the full month BS that this one is but it's way longer than 1 week. Man I wish any of them had a 1 week turnaround...
    No kidding!
    I really don't know why there is such a massive delay either...
    It's not like they don't do mini-maintenances for Login Campaigns... So why not marble numbers too??
    Maybe they decide the winning numbers democratically... 0_o
    And that's why it takes so long for something any RNG can create in less than a second?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/conspiracymodeon

Maybe they look at every bought number manually, then pick numbers based on who they want to win stuff!

Banned.

BG Level

They probably pick one of the most uncommonly picked numbers, so there's not suddenly 5,000 people with bonanza mythics.

I've always wondered if they checked the random number generator for marbles and just picked something that didn't get picked/had the lowest number possible of winners. I mean, did they ever say the winning number is randomly chosen?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    I've always wondered if they checked the random number generator for marbles and just picked something that didn't get picked/had the lowest number possible of winners. I mean, did they ever say the winning number is randomly chosen?
    they did, they actually even once told us how the process is going through due to legal issues they would have with some countrys their service runs when its not done in an appropriate way. This was explained during the time when there was no mogbonanze for a loooooong time. As far as i remember the numbers are picked by an authorized person outside of Square-Enix, IF i remember correctly. however that was some years ago (4 maybe) and i dont know what changed or how they resolved those legal issues.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They got around the legality issue with gambling by making it a "game of skill" since you have to choose between two (very obvious) options to buy marbles. But a loophole is a loophole. As far as how they pick the numbers goes, in the first one they supposedly did like 5 different things to pick each of the numbers for each rank. And due to the legality issues at the time they couldn't show the video of it or whatever. I don't know if the other mog bonanzas since then have been the same but yeah the numbers are random. They don't really need to pick the fewest winning numbers to limit how many win first rank, the odds do that already.

Campaign
    BG Level

the odds do that already.
    Absolutely!
    At the same time though I think they manually control possibly strange situations.
    Say one used the same exact number 10 times and that number wins rank1, I doubt they would allow that number to still be the winning one.

I don't think they had to do incredibly complex manipulations in the previous editions of bonanza, if at all. But at the same time I'm confident they do keep an eye on the randomly generated numbers to avoid strange/awkward situations.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also the first time they had said that they were picking 1 number and ranks were based on matching the last X number of digits... then when it came time to announce they were like nope 5 different numbers. I was so pissed since I had one that was 4/5 of the 5 digit number that ended up getting me jack