+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Sorry Tyven, but Simmons was fucking terrible on TV. He is a great writer, he has good thoughtful takes when he has time to think about what he has to say. But if he has to think on the fly, he makes Jalen Rose sound smart.

I now know where you get your Fuck the Spurs from now. Bill Simmons and his giant head hates the Spurs.
    idc about him on tv lol

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

They're gonna give the website to Barnwell

MORE PYTHAGOREAN

MORE HOBO PETER KING

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Zach Lowe all I care about on Grantland after Simmons leaves. NBA after dark and NBA wrap up fun too.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I don't have any particular opinion of Simmons either way but it's clear he got fired because he wouldn't toe the line and protect the shield. It feels like ESPN has gotten progressively worse in their active shilling for their major promotions over the past few years.

Also, the hypocrisy of firing Simmons while Stephen A. Smith still spews his bullshit all over the place on that channel, lol.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Now that Bill Simmons isn't with ESPN, that means he's no longer banned from Adam Carolla's podcast. While that podcast is usually not worth listening to, Simmons and Carolla would do a segment called Basic Cable Commentary where they breakdown shitty movies on basic cable. It never gets old.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I love grantland but not cause of his articles, interesting to see if the two hockey writers had any ties with him and follow elsewhere

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Little bit of a necro, but didn't want to dirty up a regular thread. Anyone read anything about Barnwell or Lowe? It's been two weeks, they haven't had any articles on ESPN proper and haven't heard about them being hired anywhere either.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lowe and Barnwell both dropped articles on ESPN today, and then Simmons dropped this:

http://www.gq.com/story/president-ob...en-of-the-year

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Lowe and Barnwell both dropped articles on ESPN today, and then Simmons dropped this:

http://www.gq.com/story/president-ob...en-of-the-year
    lol, was going to post this but couldnt remember which thread you made your previous post

nice that they have resurfaced

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

lol that is fantastic go bill

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

GATTACA!

BG Level

new article from Lowe: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...ate-blip-trend

also Kirk Goldsberry articles on 538 now

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

if you used to subscribe to grantland podcasts but stopped when it went under, maybe resubscribe: Lowe has had a couple podcasts on there the last week

not sure how much longer his stuff will stay on there going forward, I assume he'll move to something ESPN related for pods

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    if you used to subscribe to grantland podcasts but stopped when it went under, maybe resubscribe: Lowe has had a couple podcasts on there the last week

not sure how much longer his stuff will stay on there going forward, I assume he'll move to something ESPN related for pods
    nice, I didn't realize. can find them here http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast...ve?id=10528553

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah I had to resubscribe for Lowe. The podcast artwork still says Grantland on it, but his intro/exit are different. Of course he spent two weeks with no articles and pods, so maybe spent that time negotiating and these artwork got included. Time will tell.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Bill Simmons' new Grantland will be called The Ringer, and it will be populated by many ex-Grantland staffers.

It will start as an email newsletter in mid-March. The actual site "will debut sometime this late spring or early summer," the spokesman said.

On Wednesday, at the same time Simmons announced his new site's name, he also revealed several more new hires, including another seven former Grantlanders: Craig Gaines, Bryan Curtis, Ryan O'Hanlon, Danny Chau, Riley McAtee, Joe Fuentes, and Tate Frazier.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/17/medi...ger/index.html

GATTACA!

BG Level

YES

but what the hell does this mean

he also revealed several more new hires, including another seven former Grantlanders
    so are they new hires or former grantlanders? I recognize a few of the names - does this mean no other former Grantlanders will be involved?

in other Simmons news, he mentioned in his pod that his HBO show is coming sometime in the summer

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alot of them are still contracted by ESPN and likely can't work with Simmons again.

GATTACA!

BG Level

can sign up for The Ringer and receive the newsletter. Simmons mentioned on the podcast if he wants to write something before the site is up (a few months away) he will send it out that way