FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Trombone-kun has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    And the whole mountain hike was so weird but intriguing at the same time.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dat Reina announcement at the end

First half of the episode kind of dragged on. But as soon as we moved onto the audition part it picked up quite nicely. And yeah, that ending, loved it. Another highlight (Which summed up my thoughts on the Sapphire stuff at the start of the episode lol):

Spoiler: show

Old Merits
    BG Level

Agreed. First half was one of those that keep reminding me of the fact that there are some things I'm slowly becoming too old for, especially as far as Anime featuring teenagers are concerned.

Second half, however, was great. Felt really sorry for Natsuki, whom I've really taken a liking to ever since she got out of her slump.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Picked this show up over the weekend...it's pretty sexy.

Spoiler: show

On a serious note, it's better than I though I was going to be (band K-On!).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I forced myself to watch through 5 episodes, does this get any better?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you didn't like it after episode 3~4'ish, than you probably don't like it from then on out. After Reina defiantly plays her trumpet when the Band isn't practicing was the turning point for myself and a few others

Old Merits
    BG Level

I've been wondering what it was about Reina that was annoying me, though I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Now I know; the girl cannot properly deal with people and is way too full of herself.

I really loved the way both Natsuki and Kaori dealt with their disappointment, though, especially the latter. Didn't blame anything on Reina and just kept playing until she could get over it, even defending Reina. With all the sheeple and cringeworthy fangirls in the club, I'm happy that there are quite a few noteworthy exceptions.

However, I wonder what it was that prompted Kaori to request a retrial. Did she want another chance after improving or does she just want to see for herself that Reina really is better?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love Reina's swagger. Calling bishes out because they're unskilled and running their mouths, so fucking good! Confidence is king!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ribbon bow-tie in hair girl is awful. Just the worst. And the band being all shy, timid fucks during the voting process despite knowing who the clear winner was was also fucking awful. Best girl won, but it should have been a landslide win, not a "I won cause everyone is afraid and shy and shit, but I know I sucked compared to you so I'm going avoid embarrassing myself and let you have this" win.

Also, more and more yuri bait lol. "This is a love confession"

http://38.media.tumblr.com/df2ee608b...0o05o1_500.gif

http://33.media.tumblr.com/d28a5aee9...6sdio1_540.gif

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pretty much my exact same thoughts. Most of the band just lacks dat fire.

Am I missing something about this anime, or are they supposed to be in lesbians with each other?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I love Reina's swagger. Calling bishes out because they're unskilled and running their mouths, so fucking good! Confidence is king!
    In some cases, that is justified (albeit somewhat counter-intuitive), but it was weird that she also directed the same words at Kaori, who never complained and put the club before her personal interests.
    However, I wonder if Reina's going to become more of a team-player; the way she handled that particular situation made it seem like she doesn't care who she's playing with, which probably works in a professional environment, but, as far as personal biases and performance being affected by personal feelings towards other members of the club go, that probably won't work out too well in the long run.

I also thought that Yuuko was just the squealing Senpai-loving stereotype and, while I still think her reaction was a little extreme, she at least has more to it than "my Senpai is so pretty and perfect and I love them", so she at least managed to positively surprise me. However, I agree that the band should have done it properly; it was the same system of seniority that cost Kaori her solo the year before, so that doesn't really justify doing it again just so Kaori can play. At least she wouldn't have any of that and, once more putting the band before her personal interests, let Reina have it.

I just hope Reina doesn't blow it and actually warms up to the band; she did display signs of that in the past, so I'll remain optimistic.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

From my understanding the light novel has main girl eventually dating trombone boy who tuba girl liked. Dunno if there is even yuri stuff implied in the story at all. But I hope the LN's get translated, I'd love to read them. The series is supposedly only covering the first one but there are 3 LN's out right now

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    In some cases, that is justified (albeit somewhat counter-intuitive), but it was weird that she also directed the same words at Kaori, who never complained and put the club before her personal interests.
    However, I wonder if Reina's going to become more of a team-player; the way she handled that particular situation made it seem like she doesn't care who she's playing with, which probably works in a professional environment, but, as far as personal biases and performance being affected by personal feelings towards other members of the club go, that probably won't work out too well in the long run.

I also thought that Yuuko was just the squealing Senpai-loving stereotype and, while I still think her reaction was a little extreme, she at least has more to it than "my Senpai is so pretty and perfect and I love them", so she at least managed to positively surprise me. However, I agree that the band should have done it properly; it was the same system of seniority that cost Kaori her solo the year before, so that doesn't really justify doing it again just so Kaori can play. At least she wouldn't have any of that and, once more putting the band before her personal interests, let Reina have it.

I just hope Reina doesn't blow it and actually warms up to the band; she did display signs of that in the past, so I'll remain optimistic.
    I feel like that outburst was just between Reina and bow-tie in hair girl 2 episodes ago, the whole "if you don't like it, than just be better than me" bit. More of a "who is this scrub speaking up" sort of thing as opposed to any sort of conflict between Reina and Kaori. Kaori just happened to get dragged into it because bow-tie in hair girl started stirring up trouble.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

From my understanding the light novel has main girl eventually dating trombone boy who tuba girl liked. Dunno if there is even yuri stuff implied in the story at all. But I hope the LN's get translated, I'd love to read them. The series is supposedly only covering the first one but there are 3 LN's out right now
    Isn't Kyo-Ani known for altering the source material? I'm pretty sure this was the case with Chuunibyou.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The first season of Chuunibyou followed the LN I think. But the second season definitely went it's own way. But yeah, it's a story change I wouldn't mind seeing :3

I thought everything played out well. The silence was awesome and pretty much just shoves the general atmosphere of the club into your face. Ribbon girl is super annoying but she gets put in her place several times so I'm fine with that.

Reina and whatsherface (holy shit can't remember main character's name lol) had a nice moment, but Reina is slowly rising in the ranks of awesome.

I feel like having said this is similar to K-On does it a disservice, K-On is basically nothing like this aside from the fact that there is music present.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep, this scene alone blows anything K-On can do out the water. So good.

And I can't be the only one who thought they were gonna lip bump. Honestly my only gripe with the show is that the music segments are too short.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I feel like that outburst was just between Reina and bow-tie in hair girl 2 episodes ago, the whole "if you don't like it, than just be better than me" bit. More of a "who is this scrub speaking up" sort of thing as opposed to any sort of conflict between Reina and Kaori. Kaori just happened to get dragged into it because bow-tie in hair girl started stirring up trouble.
    I'm also fairly sure that it was that at first, but I think she was talking to Kaori after she intervened, but I might be wrong. Not like it matters, though, seeing how she's now apologized to both of them and I can finally agree that Reina is awesome. Really nice to see her getting along with someone who isn't Kumiko.

On that matter, on a scale from one to ten, the latest episode was a fifteen. The disappointment in that one second that seemed to completely devalue absolutely everything Kumiko worked towards; that really, really stung. It's amazing how they are fleshing out characters I had no particular opinion of; it's becoming increasingly hard not to like most of them.