+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Check Stig's link. Basically before you fight the 2nd boss if I remember location progression properly.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Limited Run Games announced a physical version of Curse of the Moon 2 will be available: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...42397367746560

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wooo so I'm a bit further into the game and just spent about 20 attempts killing Bloodless (Vampire Woman with 2 umbrellas floating around her).

I felt like I really sucked haha (and I found Symphony of the Night no challenge at all, and I often make comparisons to it on stream), or maybe I was underleveled. I know I'm late to the train but I was wondering if anyone else struggled on her. When I port my VOD to youtube I'm going to trim the 30 mins or so I spent retrying on the boss

Things that made me struggle:

her random jump forwards and back (she would often collide into me or I jump on her and it hurts me)
    the random umbrella attacks

After Zangetsu, she's probably the hardest boss you'll face for a while. But yeah, I banged my head on her for a bit. Poison weapons actually seem to do really well at that point in the game with her.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm at 86% map completion so I think I am nearing the end of the game. I picked up the millionaire's key in the area of extra large proportions and I distinctively remember where to use it, so I went for it because I was ending my stream anyway for the night.

Was my stream RNG/luck this good? I basically attempted it twice and 2/2 I rolled 777 before I got annihilated lol. Should I buy a lottery ticket tomorrow?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

It's somewhat common. Good way to farm gold is if he doesn't pop a 777 just exit and go back in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

On a slightly unrelated note: Curse of the Moon 2 is pretty dope. Highly recommend for only 15 bucks.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

And it has coop...that thing we've been waiting for in RotN!

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

New update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3012169
    https://playbloodstained.com/status/

New/Updated roadmap and they're adding Bloodless as a new playable character (in addition to the unknown being added later).

BG Level

Did anybody play much of the rando? After I finished the regular game, I tried a couple seeds but got bored about an hour, hour and a half in on my tries. Things were just going on pretty vanilla and I didn't care. Then I thought about it and if I had things that would really open it up, the seeds might have been unbearable. The regular game was just so linear that I question how well this game did as a randomizer.

tbh them scrapping the roguelike mode was probably the deathknell of any robust variety. I know randomizer was their compromise, but just shifting loot pools around is nothing compared to the potential of the castle being different every game. Alt characters not having a story written around them kinda sucks, too.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Castlevania successor by Koji Igarashi) - June 18, 2019

I’m still hoping for some kind of remaster version where they add a proper final dungeon to the main story.

Patch dropped sometime yesterday, but been hearing some (major) bugs with it like saves being invalidated. May wanna hold off downloading a few days.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My kingdom for an updated SotN that would look like that.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I was just watching some SotN last night. Agreed. Game still holds up of course, but christ, seeing a modern version would be incredible.

Having played it earlier, you're honestly going to want a SotN more in the vein of OG Bloodstained. The inference of Classic is pretty literal here, as the controls are as janky as the original NES Castlevania with a slide and an (irksome) double-jump back flip added. Items also feel woefully underpowered. The tongue-in-cheek copypasta of the original CV castle with the stage layouts is also real.

The "collab" that accompanied this patch is also a joke, as it's literally one long stretch of screen with a couple mobs, a pixelated boss, and a crappy familiar shard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content