+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Started the game and beat it in 60 hours on Nightmare mode.

I can't imagine starting this game on normal, the game eventually got piss easy on Nightmare.

Wtf were you doing on Normal? OHKO every mob?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm so out of practice on side scrollers, and honestly gaming in general I was hoping for a challenge. First couple of boss fights were until I started shaking off rust. No joke the last metroidvania style game I played was symphony of the night, on ps1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

People complaining about the difficulty isn't uncommon, but I also tend to think it ignores the efficacy of powering up over time through the combination of level, gear, and shards/passives. There were higher difficulties on the DLC bracket, so hopefully something tougher will come about for those who crave it, but ideally without some sort of gimmick like Nightmare mode having no leveling.

My take is that the first boss, first Zangetsu, and Bloodless are a tad overtuned for when you first face them on a fresh file. I've done the harder style Metroidvanias like with Order of Ecclesia, but the bosses there were also more predictable with their AI and generally easier to dodge. Can't quite say the same is true here for a wide variety of the bosses, particularly something like Gremory if you're going for the no-hit kill without cheesing the shield shard.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I still have no clue how anyone can get a no hit kill on Alfred on just about any difficulty level....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Started the game on Normal and completed in 7-8 hours without looking to any guide or walkthrough. It took me around 30 seconds to kill the final boss and the ending was meh.

So I realized that something was off, checked a couple of guides online and figured out that there is actually another ending. Following through that doubled the playtime. The better ending final boss was also breeze, took me a matter of seconds to kill.

Overall I really enjoyed the game. The graphics, artistic design was awesome, music was beautiful and the castlevania feel was completely there. Kickstarter projects of people with experience/history usually turn out to be quite good.

Haven't tried this myself, but you're among the sort who thinks the game is too easy, someone took a stab at a mod for the PC version that increases monster levels relative to chosen difficulty. https://www.nexusmods.com/bloodstain...ab=description

Otherwise, main game pushed a patch on the 8th or so with a few bug fixes, but also some nerfs to a few "popular" things. I don't really think it addressed the core issues behind why people didn't use the not-popular stuff, but I'm also sick of reading internet tough guys elsewhere basically berating anyone trying to point that out or that the nerfs were unnecessary.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So I was working on 100%ing some things but when I went looking for the recipe books I'm missing the green chests they're supposed to be in are ones that I definitely already opened, did one of these later patches shuffle around some of these things or is my save bugged out?

If you're playing on a launch save it's possible you're caught up in the old bug. A NG+ will fix it, but that'll mean tossing about 3-4 hours rushing through the game again if you really want 100%.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Don't think it's from launch, just started last month, but I'm looking at an empty giant green chest and a bunch of question marks where my cashmere recipes are supposed to be.

Sadly, that's the only thing I can think of. The patches between versions probably weren't in sync, but I think the chest fixes should've been done back in July. The only possibility I can think of is you got the base game, but it didn't patch up, and thus the issue. Either way, a NG+ should fix it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Finally getting around to try and platinum this. What’s the best way to farm gold? Been dismantling flame mails but the alkahest struggle is real lol.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Finally getting around to try and platinum this. What’s the best way to farm gold? Been dismantling flame mails but the alkahest struggle is real lol.
    This is what I've been doing.

https://gamewith.net/bloodstained-ri...icle/show/9775

Just don't get too obsessed with farming the weapon to desynth. Some people fall into the trap of thinking that's faster than candle bashing, when it really isn't. A slight alternative if you don't have Accelerator yet is to equip the spike armor and backdash spam through the same room. It's not as fast, but I'd still say it'd beat trying to farm the gold material and alkahests.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Equip ninja speed and go to underground waterway and stack the gold find crystal at Max rank. There's a three screen portion with like six or seven candles, takes like less than ten seconds to run back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Tried this last night and made like 50k in like 5-10 minutes lol. And that was without having the augment gold maxed out.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Holy crap it sounds like they're replacing almost everything for Switch:

Hi, everyone.

Work on the Nintendo Switch graphical and performance update continues. We apologize for the long development cycle. Most of the changes are on a room-by-room, enemy-by-enemy basis so there are a significant number of assets being reworked and it’s taking more time than initially expected.

We are pleased with the progress that has been made so far and look forward to getting it into your hands. While the teams are working on an extensive list of myriad improvements, their focus is on four principal areas: Visual Fidelity, Loading Times, Particle Effects and Input Lag.

Visual Fidelity - The way that backgrounds and environments are rendered are being significantly updated. This will result in noticeably sharper environments in most areas throughout the game.

Loading Times - Load times between scenes are being greatly improved, but are still not where we would like them to be, so work remains.

Particle Effects - We have already replaced hundreds of particle effects with new assets and more yet remain. The new ones look the same to the user, but are much less impactful on the performance of the game. This has been one of the main culprits for framerate drops during fights.

Input Lag - Input lag times have been significantly reduced, once work on this is completed the game should feel much more reactive when playing.

The improvements are expected to be released in two separate updates. The first update will contain the vast majority of the improvements. The second update will improve performance with a couple of especially troublesome areas and enemies.

We expect these updates to be launched by the end of November. We will give more specific timeframes when we are closer to release.

After the Switch upgrade is live, there will be a handful of assets/enemies that we want to improve like the Doppleganger enemy for example. These improvements will be part of our regular development cycle and updated when ready.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Received the rest of my rewards today. Artbook, soundtrack, keychain & pins. Haven't looked through the artbook (it's sealed), but the pins and keychain are nice quality.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Received the rest of my rewards today. Artbook, soundtrack, keychain & pins. Haven't looked through the artbook (it's sealed), but the pins and keychain are nice quality.
    Is that the alchemist box? I don't recall getting an email about mine getting shipped.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, mine was the $150 tier which had the "Alchemist's Treasure" tier (100) + the hardcover art book.

ALCHEMIST'S TREASURE

A physical copy of the game for XBOX ONE, PS4, or STEAM (PC/Mac/Linux) featuring special backer-exclusive content and slipcase, plus a keychain, lapel pin, soundtrack CD (and digital album), a retro strategy booklet, and your name in the credits!
    If that's the tier you did, I imagine you should get a shipping notice soon.

BG Level

Hmm odd. I got the 250 tier and don't recall getting an email about it being shipped.

May have to check the package room of my apartment to see if I missed it.