+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Oh snap! What'd he do?
    He did the character rig and oversaw the implementation of it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

That's pretty fucking cool. I can do the concept to 3D pipeline for characters and environment, but rigging is definitely not my forte.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    That's pretty fucking cool. I can do the concept to 3D pipeline for characters and environment, but rigging is definitely not my forte.
    He's fortunate in that he likes rigging, and they are in high demand since no one likes to do it. XD

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Kickstarter Update

Hello again everyone! Not to be outdone, our amazing production and development teams came through with confirmed updates to share with you regarding progress on bug fixing, DLC and improvements to the Switch, and even bonus info on platform wide improvements! So let’s dive right in:

Chest Bug

Xbox One (Status: Fix Incoming)
    • Treasure chest issues have been fixed; after the patch, unique items will be obtainable even on existing playthroughs.
    • The patch for this should be submitted today (Wednesday), and we anticipate public release on Friday or Saturday.
    • The teams are also working on additional improvements and bug fixes.

Playstation 4 (Status—unchanged)
    • The problems causing the bug have been identified, teams are working to identify and implement solutions.
    • No new users affected by this bug, just like before all new games/playthroughs are safe to play.

Nintendo Switch (Status—fix being tested)
    • The fix is currently in test, the submission date we were working toward has been delayed due to a graphical bug that has reemerged.
    • We anticipate testing will be completed by next week, which would mean an ETA of public release during the week of July 15, 2019.

Improvements

Map Improvements
    • Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
    • Marker button has been changed
    • Trail display button has been changed
    • Map scroll speed improved
    • Zoom in and zoom out improved
    • Zoom level retained when reopening the map
    • Auto-center when opening the map
    • Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests

Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
    • The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.

Switch-specific Improvements
    • HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
    • Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
    • Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
    • Work has been done on the technical "non-visible" side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we'll have future updates and plans to share soon.

"Iga's Back Pack" DLC

Xbox One (Status—DLC being tested)
    • Testing will happen next week, if completed successfully we will submit and have an updated ETA for release during the week of July 15, 2019.

Playstation 4 (Status—DLC submitted, pending approval and release)
    • We're currently working through some submissions with Sony, and plan to have an update, hopefully for release, next week.

Nintendo Switch (Status—DLC approved, release imminent)
    • The DLC has been approved by Nintendo, we're just taking the final steps to make it go live.

A quick clarification on Backer IDs: Please note that the Backer ID system will not work if you backed at the $28 or $60 tier, because those did not include the Credit Clan reward. The Backer ID/credits system only works if you backed at an eligible $100+ tier. If you do have your name in the credits and are having trouble finding your backer ID, you can find more information in the previous update.

That’s it for now, as always please keep your feedback coming, we’re all dedicated to Bloodstained for the (very) long term, and the teams at WayForward, ArtPlay and the production teams at 505 are making incredible progress. They’re literally working together like some sort of inspirational Star Trek crew, no joke, it’s pretty amazing.

For all our fans in the United States, we wish you all a happy July 4th holiday! ‘Murica! :D

Roberto Piraino “Angel-Corlux”

Global Brand Manager

505 Games
    Once again, the amount of transparency they're showing is astounding.

EDIT: Also a preview of the Alchemist Treasure for higher tier backers:
    Spoiler: show

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone make Ridill yet? Curious what it's like seeing as how it has practically the same requirements as Blue Rose at a much lower damage rating.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It hits 3 times per swing

I have, but I never tested it. I assume with a low damage it's similar to other weapons that hit more than once per swing, but more than likely loses out to RV due to not having the ability to attack while moving.

Edit: And beaten due to reading info above.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Dumb question on techniques. Do the technique and command lists only show in the journal after you do a technique for the first time? I know I've run across at least ten books showing techniques, but the journal is only showing three.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Dumb question on techniques. Do the technique and command lists only show in the journal after you do a technique for the first time? I know I've run across at least ten books showing techniques, but the journal is only showing three.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yes, they show up only after you've done it once. Additionally, only certain weapons can do certain techniques until you master it. For instance, one of the first books you get is a boot tech which can only be done with kung fu shoes and some other pair of boots. When you master that tech you can do it with any pair of boots tho

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The game doesnt tell you this unless you go through the guides.

I believe theres one sword tech that doesnt work with multiple weapons even if you master it, and theres one staff tech thats exclusive to that weapon. Not sure about others.

There are a couple weapon specific ones, yeah. Think Bandit Blade is exclusive. There's a staff/spear, as well. Unfortunately, techniques just tend not to seem worth it in the game unless you can figure out how to sequence break with Flashing Air Kick.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, my one gripe I've had with the game is having to look up the occasional guide to figure out that now that I'm done with Point E, I need to back track to point B and make sure I go the right way and go to point T instead of point Y. Other then that, the game has been great. Did have one crash, but it only cost me about 3 minutes, and I've learned to ignore the missing text during conversations.

Yeah, underwater access and where the aegis armor is isn't exactly what I'd call intuitive. Suppose train access could get a nod, too, as it's possible to not ever interact with the camera before needing to.

Still wondering how they intend to handle co-op as well as other unreleased things, but unfucking the Switch version seems to be taking priority.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Wishful thinking but I hope they can polish the graphics for the Switch version too. They're just so grainy and the Switch is far more powerful than that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait
    Interact with the camera?!?

I'm talking about getting your photo taken for the ID. If you go to the left of the shop and try to interact with it before getting the silver bromide, you'll get a short CS talking about it. Completely missable if you don't.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ohhhh, I thought you could move the camera angle lmao

Well, to that end, there's a piece of gear called Eye of Horus that'll zoom out the camera, but I'm not sure it works in all areas since I only ever equipped it in the tower when I was having trouble making the blood bugs spawn.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Castlevania successor by Koji Igarashi) - June 18, 2019

Finally got around to finishing this. Absolutely loved it. Ended up mostly using guns and than Bandit Blade. Welcome Company/Void Ray combo is dumb, strong, and fun when maxed out with guns. Rarely ever bothered to swing at bosses with any melee weapons towards the end. Just kept back and pew pew’d or ran around them with the portraits lol. I’m also at 99.8% so time to back-track like crazy lol. Still need to beat the 8-bit Nightmare portion along with completing the bestiary.

I did have a few gripes and one major disappointment.

- The game is pretty rough around the edges. Could use another patch or two. After I killed Gebel properly I knew exactly where to chase Gremory afterwards because that area had been glitching in and out with the red moon since I first got there.

- The forbidden underwater area goes on for far too long and it’s such an incredible pain in the ass to navigate. Felt like I spent the majority of my playthrough in some portion of that area.

- My major disappointment was when the Glacial Tomb zone blatantly wasn’t meant to be the final area. It all seemed so out of place to end there and more than likely was originally designed for the ice boss from Curse of the Moon. The only boss from that game that you don’t encounter in this one. I’m guessing they either ran out of time or money, who knows.

Having said that, I heavily regret not splurging during the Kickstarter into having a portrait of myself in the game. Can’t wait for some DLC.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm at the end right now. Pissed I can't platinum the game on first play through as I missed 1 trophy. Just trying to finish off the item achievement, and I think then that just leaves the last 1% of the map, beat the hidden boss, beating the game, then doing a NG+ and rush to get the one missed trophy.

I also pretty much agree with your gripes

Probably my biggest gripe is if I transition rooms, and immediately kill a mob that drops an item, the game slows down for a second. Also the fucking lag on the gambler boss was god damn annoying as well. Wound up cheesing that fight as it was a bitch and a half despite being on a PS4 Pro