Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    That's an April Fool's thing right?
    Nope, that is available now.

https://playbloodstained.com/aurora-child-of-light/

We are thrilled to announce that the next playable (and free!) character for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is Aurora, from the blockbuster platformer RPG Child of Light!

Aurora has lost her way and awoken in a strange, dangerous new land. Armed with the Sword of Matildis and accompanied by the loyal Igniculus, she must find a way to escape. Despite the dire situation, Aurora is not alone. Johannes is on hand to help her increase her power by transmuting items found in chests throughout the game.

In addition to her sword, Aurora begins her adventure with the help of her trusted friend Igniculus and the directional Light Ray skill. Igniculus acts on his own and can temporarily slow down enemies or heal Aurora with a flash of light. The Light Ray uses MP and shines in front of Aurora. Enemies caught in the light lock on will suffer damage.

Throughout her journey, Aurora gains power by defeating enemies and absorbing Shards. The Grade of each ability can be improved by collecting more shards of the same type and, with the help of Johannes, you can level up the Rank.

After defeating certain bosses, she will grow stronger and gain additional abilities as she ages. Each stage of her progression will add to her movement abilities and unlock previously inaccessible parts of the castle.

Starting a game as Aurora is simple. From the Main Menu, find an open save slot and start a new game. After choosing the save file name, you’ll be able to choose your starting character: Miriam, Zangetsu or Aurora. (Bloodless is chosen by naming a new save BLOODLESS in all caps).

The Child of Light crossover will launch on March 31th on PC, PlayStation and Xbox. Switch will launch at a later date, stay tuned for news.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Damn, didn't realize they were still actively adding content to the game. Picked up a physical copy a few months back thinking that was it. Nice.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I might have to play it again myself.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Castlevania successor by Koji Igarashi) - June 18, 2019

Yeah I need to tryout Classic Mode and the new area added with the Kingdoms Two crossover.

Versus mode sounds dope too. Feel like my gun build would be dumb broken but it’s been awhile so they’ve probably nerfed a ton a shit. I know they did something to the “Myself and my shadows!” Spell I can’t remember the name of at the moment lol.

Don't get excited about the crossover stage. It's literally just a long room.

That said, the CoL addition saw some engine reworks, in part to account for her play style, I figure. Far as additional characters go, she's probably the most unique compared to Zangetsu (meh) or Bloodless (decent, but not as fun as Miriam). Roadmap seems to suggest they decided to make Dominique playable, too. Hopefully they attach some story to it.

Kind of unfortunate it's taken them this long to do all this, but if we eventually get a sequel, I can't complain too much.