CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Well we hit the 4.25m goal (3rd playable character) which is the most I was hoping for. 5m goal was revealed to be a roguelike dungeon mode:
    That’s right: Procedurally generated dungeons. In this mode you’ll face a new castle every time, braving its treacherous (and massive) halls for loot, glory, and the simple, satisfying feeling of going where no Miriam has gone before.

Once you’ve explored its passages and defeated its boss, you’ll get a code that will enable you to share your randomly generated dungeon with a friend. (If you find a particularly hard one, you can even share it with an enemy! IGA isn’t picky.)
    It's currently sitting at just over 4.2m on the kickstarter page with 38 hours left, but apparently they have a good 150k or so from paypal backings too. 5m is still a ways off but successful kickstarters like this do tend to see a pretty big surge in the last couple days, so hopefully it's attainable because a procedurally generated mode could be real fuckin' cool.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Up to 4.9m+ with the PayPal total and 12 hours to go. That 5m goal is looking likely!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Really tempted to bump up to $250+ for the Amano poster...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Bought into this today. Hoping for that $5m goal also, that sounds neat!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A rogue-like Dungeon mode would be really cool... I got real into Rogue Legacy on Steam and loved the idea of it. Having a mode for that in a Igavania game would add a good bit of replay value I think.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Can someone explain what that'd be like? I've no knowledge of Rogue Legacy or similar dungeons.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Can someone explain what that'd be like? I've no knowledge of Rogue Legacy or similar dungeons.
    Basically the entire dungeon is randomized with set room "Pallets" that connect to eachother. In Rogue Legacy theres a 4 or 5 "Areas" (A Forest, a BAsement, etc), but within those areas each room and enemy is randomized, as well as the obstacles you could come across (a locked chest, a room requiring a certain skill, etc).

But i think the basic term for Rogue-like is essentially the Randomized dungeon layout, where the area you explore is different each time.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Rogue-likes are very "hardcore." My guess is, in the Igavania case, you would run through the dungeon as you would in a normal mode and collect weapons /armor. You're generally limited in your items and abilities. If you die, you lose everything and start again from the beginning.

The goal would be to make it through all the levels to beat the bosses. Each level would be randomly generated so that room placement would be different for each playthrough. Depending on how they do it, monster types may vary slightly as well, but the harder enemies are generally saved for the later levels in the dungeon.

Honestly, depending on the genre it can change a bit. Collecting Armor/Weapons will be key to surviving, but they could limit them to drops only rather than found items. I'd guess that a merchant (such as Hammer from AoS) would only present every x amount of levels you complete in order to buy potions. Money would also be sparse and I'd doubt you could continuously destroy lanterns and other destructibles for money.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Rogue-likes are very "hardcore." My guess is, in the Igavania case, you would run through the dungeon as you would in a normal mode and collect weapons /armor. You're generally limited in your items and abilities. If you die, you lose everything and start again from the beginning.

The goal would be to make it through all the levels to beat the bosses. Each level would be randomly generated so that room placement would be different for each playthrough. Depending on how they do it, monster types may vary slightly as well, but the harder enemies are generally saved for the later levels in the dungeon.

Honestly, depending on the genre it can change a bit. Collecting Armor/Weapons will be key to surviving, but they could limit them to drops only rather than found items. I'd guess that a merchant (such as Hammer from AoS) would only present every x amount of levels you complete in order to buy potions. Money would also be sparse and I'd doubt you could continuously destroy lanterns and other destructibles for money.
    I think that'd be pretty interesting.

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike Under "Key Features" page. Though some "Rogue-like" or "Rogue-lite" games don't follow this to the letter, as some don't include turn-based combat... but that'll give you an idea of where it came from.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I think it'd be a lot of fun too. People that don't understand Rogue-likes will probably hate it at first. For example, Pixel Dungeon is a decent mobile Rogue-like I've played quite a bit. Most of the time you won't make it passed (past? I always get these two wrong) the 3rd or 4th level before having to restart. When you get the right mix of RNGesus and understanding of the mechanics/your enemies you start to slowly be able to progress further each time.

Of course, there is also usually something that will just kill you outright either by swarming you or severely out-leveling you.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hit 5 mil, adding a final stretch goal of 5.5 mil for a mode to let you play as boss characters.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hot damn, rogue dungeons would be badass for numerous plays. Make it happen, people!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Now all the goals are usable/playable regardless of whether or not you donated, and how much, right?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's some specific in game content for the 60 plus tiers (weapon, extra boss) , but everything else should all be in the base game.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And 5.5 million has been hit.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

am I the only one who has gotten a little emotional over this? it's been amazing to see how much support Iga had, and his responses to that support have been strongly heartfelt and moving in my opinion. it's kinda touching

or maybe I'm just ridiculously excited about what might be the best Igavania game ever idk

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eat shit Konami

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i jumped in at the last minute for the digital version. really wanted to go physical but between all the money i've dumped into MTG and now a new PC over the last few weeks, i had to pretend to be marginally responsible for once.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I feel like I need to back this kickstarter. I've never done it before, so what better place to start.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Eat shit Konami
    Why do you need Konami original games

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast