+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Installing the demo now. Can't play til tomorrow. Shiiiiiit.....

EDIT: Said screw it and gave it a try. I am loving what I'm seeing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Awww yus! Installing my demo now. EXCITEBIKE!!

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Order of Ecclesia was amazing. Going to back this. SOTN was one of my fav games coming up and I loved the DS games as well
    I don't remember if I actually backed this or not, but if not I'm still picking it up day 1. Also is multiplayer local only or may there be some online play?

Edit: I wish they kept the 2d style of the concept art, but I'm still all in. I'm sure this is gonna be fucking amazing

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

damn i didn't back the $60 tier, i backed the $28 one. So no demo for me

Tentacle titty monster amuses me more than it should.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Frame rate issues aside, I really like what I see from the demo. Feels like a combination of SoTN and Ecclesia with modern graphics.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And I like both those things. I'll have to get over the running animation, but that's what backdash cancelling (sweeping the floor) is for.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Frame rate issues aside, I really like what I see from the demo. Feels like a combination of SoTN and Ecclesia with modern graphics.
    I got the exact same feeling after playing it. Ecclesia was known to be a bit harder than SotN though so I wonder where they are going to put the difficulty level.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Ecclesia was a massive bitch even on regular difficulty level. which I love. beat the game on level 1 cap hard mode, that's my jam baby.

can't wait to get home and try this out.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This looks fucking orgasmic!!! I cant wait for my "Castlevania" fix ._.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Delayed to first half of 2018

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Wait, what?!

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Email sent out to backers. Says they're hiring more developers and pushing it back a year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Delayed to first half of 2018
    We've got an important development update from IGA this week, and we wanted to make sure the backers were the first to hear it. In short: To ensure the game meets his quality standards, IGA is bringing on additional developers and has moved his estimate for the game's release back to the first half of 2018.

Koji Igarashi: "The last thing I want to do is keep our backers waiting, but after receiving such incredible support, I feel responsible for delivering the best product I possibly can. Again, I offer my sincerest apologies."

All of us on the campaign and development sides of the team are looking forward to playing the finished game as soon as we can, but as IGA says, we also want this game to be "done right the first time."

We'll continue to keep you updated on the development process every step of the way. (In fact, the next regularly scheduled update, featuring some songs and commentary from Michiru Yamane, is just about ready to go. And as IGA mentioned, you can expect more news about the development process as soon as it's available.)

Thanks again for all you've done to make such an exciting project possible.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1666487

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

505 Games to Publish
    We've got news! And we wanted to get this to you as soon as possible, so we're breaking into our usual update schedule to report that:

A publisher has signed onto the Bloodstained project: We'll be working with 505 Games. They put together a video with IGA to make the announcement (and also show off some new footage of the game).

As you can see, one of the first things a publisher can help out with is action-packed video production.

Like IGA said from the beginning, none of this would be possible without the campaign all of you helped to build. We're excited to bring it to a wider audience, too, but everybody on the team is here to help IGA build the game you (and he) wanted from the start.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1698207

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

DICO and Monobit teams added to hasten Development

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1726987

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone! This is IGA.

It’s chilly here in Japan and I’ve caught the cold. My throat is sore and I’ve lost my voice.

But I’d like to give you an update regarding the environment of Bloodstained. First, we are going to change the way the environment is visually represented. Watching people play the E3 demo, I could see that players often didn’t know where a platform was, or whether the thing they were looking at was a wall or something they could pass through.

We’ve improved visibility by making the “front” side of platforms brighter, and more distant parts of the environments darker.

This is actually not the first time I’ve talked about the change in visual representation. During the time we’ve announced the delay, I talked about how we needed to change our environment-building method in order to work more efficiently.

After that article mentioned procedural generation, lots of backers in the forum expressed their concerns. To address those concerns, I’d like to explain our reasons for changing the development process and explain the way procedural generation will be used in the final product.

Before, we worked on environments on a texture-by-texture basis, which meant that each area required the individual time and attention of skilled artists and designers. To use our team more wisely, our new process is based more on physics, and makes use of procedural generation.

Naturally, you might be asking, what kind of procedural generation? How will it be used, and for what? To put it simply, we’re using it to auto-generate environmental grime and destruction effects.

We put together some comparison screenshots and video for this update to demonstrate the effect. On each image, the top is before procedural generation, and the bottom is after. Until now, roughness and shadows were drawn on the texture map to add surface texture (shadows, dirt marks, etc. on the albedo map).

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I think it looks a lot better without the procedural generation in my opinion. Having said that, hurry the fuck up IGA!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I disagree. I like the procedural generation, it makes the dilapidated castle actually look like one, versus something that just repeats ad nauseum. Granted it's not all done by hand, but I'll take this over (obv. a more extreme example) Dragon Age 2, where there were like 6 assets for the entire game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast