+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I love this new raid boss even more than Egg Master...... I wonder if I can hit 300 before this raid event ends?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have a question. I've learned a lot about medal placement in keyblades, but something still puzzles me. Occasionally some slots will let me use some medals 2x in a row. Like, right now, the 5th slot on my Treasure Trove let's me use my Xemnas A 2x per turn.

What is making that happen? Because I don't see any kind of marker on the keyblade slot to signify something special. Is it something on the actual medal?

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

they introduced traits last update. when you combine two of the same medal now you get a chance at a trait being applied. one is "extra attack +40%" which means you get a second use of the medal at a reduced strength, making it ideal for strength buff/defense debuff medals

when you combined your xemnas, it must have rolled that without you noticing. you can click the arrow in the bottom left of the screen when observing a medal to see the traits

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    they introduced traits last update. when you combine two of the same medal now you get a chance at a trait being applied. one is "extra attack +40%" which means you get a second use of the medal at a reduced strength, making it ideal for strength buff/defense debuff medals

when you combined your xemnas, it must have rolled that without you noticing. you can click the arrow in the bottom left of the screen when observing a medal to see the traits
    Ooohhh. that's what it is. I thought the traits were medal wide buffs. I assumed it was +40% attack for the whole keyblade when he's equipped on it.

I did notice awhile ago that the second Xemnas was weaker than the first. Either way, it actually kicks ass on him. Thanks for clarifying.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Question. If you put any bonuses on a 5* medal like Attack Boost 2/3 and Cid Medals before you upgrade it into a 6*, will it retain those bonuses after you upgrade it to 6*? I have a 5* Master Form Sora I got from from my last pull, but he is stuck at 5* until Thursday. I want to toss some bonuses on him but afraid it because I'm afraid he might lose them when I upgrade him to 6*.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

everything on the medal will carry over from 5* to 6*. Skills, traits, cids, chip and dales, etc. just need to relevel from 1 to 100

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the only time traits won't carry over in medal fusion is if you are trying to OVERWRITE a medal and the trait wasn't fully leveled. if you are just increasing a medals rank, you're fine

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the only time traits won't carry over in medal fusion is if you are trying to OVERWRITE a medal and the trait wasn't fully leveled. if you are just increasing a medals rank, you're fine
    Ok cool, thanks for the info. And that includes Cid Medals and Chip & Dale enhancements too?

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

overwriting can only affect skills afaik. I can't speak for cids/dales. But if you are just increasing the rank of a 5 star medal to 6 stars, the skill/cids/chipdales will carry over.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

overwriting can only affect skills afaik. I can't speak for cids/dales. But if you are just increasing the rank of a 5 star medal to 6 stars, the skill/cids/chipdales will carry over.
    Yeah, I'm specifically talking about ranking up. I just wanted to make sure before I fed them anything.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Started over since I lost my old account when the game first launched, never bound it. Good 1st multi I suppose. Also ran the hell out of the beginner darkside raid to get to rank 100+ easily.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Make sure to work toward getting a Illustrated Kairi[EX], its pretty much a required medal for most setups later on

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    Make sure to work toward getting a Illustrated Kairi[EX], its pretty much a required medal for most setups later on
    Broken op skills? It's what I was planning on next either way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Its fairly OP.
    For 1 turn: increases Upright STR by 2, STR by 7, PSM-STR by 6, lowers target DEF by 3, and PSM-DEF by 4. In addition it adds +1 to Enemy Countdown mechanic. Also heals HP and fills 5 gauges .

There is also illustrated Xion medal which does the same thing but for Reversed medals.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

god damn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7