Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kingdom Hearts: Unchained Chi x | Union x(Smartphones)

Few
    Famitsu this week reveals Kingdom Hearts: Unchained Chi for smartphones.

Due out as a free download later this year, the game is a port of the PC browser game Kingdom Hearts Chi with new systems made for smartphones. It will feature item-based micro-transactions.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/05/kingdom-h...ed-smartphones

If you missed the original version - http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/116...X-chi-(PC)-F2P

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Confirmed for the west, dunno if it will be any good.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've been actively playing the JP title of the game and it can hold its own if you're into mobile games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bumpity bump but I have NEWS on the english version of this game.

Twitter
    KH Unchained is coming out April 7th! -- Official announcement.

My smartphone is ready.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

US only?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Afraid so unless you can sneak it on your phone; other regions are still To Be Announced.

BUT!! Sometimes with mobile games, they only announce in the US, then release everywhere, so keep your dream alive, okay?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After the long wait for Re: Chain of Memories and how EU was treated back then I'm not really that confident lol. We'll have to wait 10 years for it to appear in some sort of collection, I'm sure.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post

Confirmed for the west, dunno if it will be any good.
    Never played Kingdom Hearts, but after watching at this trailer I can honestly say:

Spoiler: show
    I'm glad I didn't. That shit looks hella gay. Kittens, Disney characters, and hearts everywhere. Hate me if you want, lol. But, yeah...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

-Never played Kingdom Hearts
    -Judges the entire franchise based on 1 trailer for a cellphone game (a trailer from a year ago too)

Okay buddy, thanks for the valuable input.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    -Never played Kingdom Hearts
    -Judges the entire franchise based on 1 trailer for a cellphone game (a trailer from a year ago too)

Okay buddy, thanks for the valuable input.
    Anytime.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok so.... the game is rated in EU but I can't install the game because it's region locked. Great lol, I guess this means it will be eventually released.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Never played Kingdom Hearts, but after watching at this trailer I can honestly say:

Spoiler: show
    I'm glad I didn't. That shit looks hella gay. Kittens, Disney characters, and hearts everywhere. Hate me if you want, lol. But, yeah...
    I've played (and/or watched others play) all of the KH games and I love them. That said, the cellphone game doesn't look appealing to me, either. As a franchise, KH is best when there is a dark undertone to it, when there is some foul madness at work behind the scenes of all the beloved Disney locations and cute FF cameos. It's always been heavy on story and characterization on top of its fun action gameplay, but I imagine a lot of what makes the series great may not translate well over to a mobile game built on a microtransaction model.

Honestly though if you don't like Disney at all you probably won't enjoy KH regardless, it is far heavier on the Disney stuff than the FF stuff due to the structure of the games. It's heaven for those of us who love both franchises however :D

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, I've gotten on there (union: Vulpeus) and..

Man, my cell phone has been busy with it today~! I've seen some story translations, and don't let the art style fool you. This is going to end badly (as this story will get pretty dark eventually and end in tragedy), but they were going for a storybook feel. And this game's a ton of fun, tho I'm resisting hard making any purchases of gems since I make it a rule not to buy that kinda stuff. But this is prolly the first cell phone game I'll play to the end; a lot of them I just play for a few hours, get to where I have to buy stuff, laugh and run away.

I'm sure this and my other games will keep me busy for a good while.

And before anyone asks, I already am in a party from KHI forums but I strongly suggest that if there's enough BG folk that want to play, go for the same union and make a party; you'll be glad you did.

Oh and the only quibble I have with it is it's *hard to exit the game*. I have to hit the Home button, then kill it in memory. Bad design there; but the battle design for a mobile game is top notch and very intuitive. Not to mention it's easy to move around too. Just..really addicting, I had trouble putting the phone down.

[edit] Checked again, seems there was a bug, back button brings up a quit dialog now on the home screen. But now you know what to do if you can't make it appear!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got this on emulator and I'm loving it, wow. Hopefully it's officially out in EU soon so I can try again on my phone.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

i'm not liking it that much, feels more boring then RK. might try it again tomorrow or w/e

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This game's business model makes me so jealous from an FFRK standpoint. Guaranteed 5* on a 10 pull and better deals on currency purchase... mmf.

Also I'm not going to judge the combat and battles based on what little we've been able to play. No one can realistically say that the first couple days of FFRK are enthralling multilayered expertly crafted gameplay experiences when you mostly just auto through everything. Giving this a chance, especially since the concept of raid bosses is intriguing and I can see a ton of depth in character customization between these costume armors, switching between different keyblades depending on the dungeon, and switching medals and shit for all the different abilities and elements. I like that they have the Puzzle and Dragons style level up/evolve system for medals, too. Definitely serious potential for the mid to late game to become very strategic.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Probably going to play this every so often. P&D and FFRK are time-consuming enough. This'll be a good stamina filler until I really get into it. Really digging the art direction and simple gameplay though. Easy breezy.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So I'm level 25 already. This game is addicting and seemingly never ending lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

*jealous European*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast