Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

570 normal, 100 proud mode

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow. Also, I've been really good at getting all my medal conditions thus far until today. I got one that wanted me to proc a bonus called "Attack Bonus All I". I have an "Attack Bonus III/Lux Boost" and an Attack Bonus I"(which doesn't count, I've already tried). But I have nothing with "Attack Bonus All I" or anything that teaches it, so I'm kind of shit up the creek on this one. Where do I get something that teaches this bonus, it's kind of annoying me not having this one complete since I've been able to everything thus far.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

those come from certain avatar boards, usually coliseum boards but maybe jewel-purchasable avatar boards (these usually give better rewards these days though). if you don't have any now, eventually you'll get some from the coliseum i imagine

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    those come from certain avatar boards, usually coliseum boards but maybe jewel-purchasable avatar boards (these usually give better rewards these days though). if you don't have any now, eventually you'll get some from the coliseum i imagine
    Damn, I guess I gotta start doing the Coliseum a bit, I was trying to focus on story mission since there are so many but I don't wanna leave that medal too far behind. Btw, what does "Attack Bonus All I" do that "Attack Bonus I" doesn't?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Starting to get the hang of buiding up my keys, they aren't really perfect yet, but doing what I can with the space I have

My Three Wishes atm is my favorite, these 3 together really seem to kick some ass for me right now, Piglet down there is just there for a little extra attack/defense everything right now dies fine with these 3. Sephiroth is ridiculous.

This one is working pretty decent for Lady Luck, planning on upgrade that 3rd one to Hydra as soon as I have space, but still works pretty well right now.

Treasure Trove used to be my strongest but, and it still does the job. 2nd goofy is kind weak, top one is decent on AoE, 3rd guy is really strong single target and this key still gets the job done, but I feel I'm lacking in AoE on this key. Planning on upgrading my 2nd goody to a Lumiere at the top once I get a few more points on my keys.

Haven't really messed with the Starlight Key in awhile and not sure what the Olympian Key is good for, I just got it recently, maybe only for Coliseum stuff? I guess I'll find out eventually.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The "variety" keys are decent for certain events and quests. In general you won't use them much. Definitely give TT, LL, and TW your primary attention.

Something important to know is that +"general" STR and +PSM STR are separate stats. You can stack up to +3 of both at any given time. Also because the way damage is calculated, general STR has more impact than PSM STR. If you have a +general STR (like Piglet), it's usually best to put it first. Putting Lumiere/Cogsworth 2nd will stack their PSM STR with it, then launch into your big atk medals for max damage.

Eventually you'll have to weigh the benefit of how much +STR (or -enemy DEF) you want to stack before getting into your heavy damage dealers, versus the varying multipliers in each slot. There's no definitive way to do it since everyone's deck is different, just general concepts to keep in mind.

Edit: Attack Boost All is a less effective Attack Boost skill. Attack Boost can activate on Tap, Swipe, and SP attacks. Attack Boost All only activates on Swipe attacks. Aside from objectives it's pretty useless.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know where I can get Mythril Gems from? I've been grinding story mode and haven't been able to upgrade my Starlight/Treasure Trove/Lady Luck/Three Wishes Keys past +9 for awhile. I'm literally overflowing with all the materials I need for them except for Mythril Gems.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If I recall you can just run the weekend mythril madness to get it much easier. Outside of that, there is some google docs floating around on reddit that has best places to farm them.

Be warned it's pain in ass to farm anything as chests aren't always guaranteed to spawn in that particular run. Can speed things up tho by abandoning run if 1) chest didn't spawn or 2)chest didn't give item

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

mythril stuff comes from one of the daily events, though I don't remember which day. probably Friday

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Saturday/Sunday special quest is the best way to farm it. Stack rare enemy perks on your outfit to maximize farming runs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, I think I hit my first cock block. I reached quest #314 against a Cerberus. First quest I've seen that says i have TWO turns to kill the enemy instead of just one. I've completed every medal condition thus far except those stupid "Attack Bonus All" procs which I'll just go back for at some point once I get a copy of the ability. With the damage I'm doing to Cerberus on the first turn pretty sure I have enough DPS to kill him in 2 turns easily. My problem is once he gets his first turn, he one-shots me like a raid boss. What do I have to do survive Cerberus' first attack? I'm way over the expected level and all my keyblades, except Olympia which is +11, are all +20.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, I think I'm fianlly starting to get the hang of how things go together better and a more comfortable feeling toward the game.I noticed right now with 5 slots open I can do one 6* and five 5* medals pretty easily so I went through all my medals trying to keep my keys to 5+ or higher only. And came up with these sets.

Spoiler: show

Finished leveling all the red medals on this set today, gonna level up the green and blue ones next two days with EXP dailies. Lady Luck is a bit lackluster I think compared to the other two, I guess I had better luck on pulls with magic/power. But this should be solid for now. Riku kicks some serious ass. Once I get my keyblade capacity up to 134(or get one of those things that lowers medal cost), I can replace Leon with Xenmas in my Treaure Trove. 134 would be preferable I think, if possible, though. Because than I could upgrade to a second 6* in all my keys. Hopefully I can finish off my Olympia Blade to +20 this weekend. I got cockcblocked from it last weekend because I hadn't gotten nether items yet.

EDIT: Also, a question I'm kind of wondering about, what's the max character level you can get?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Welcome to point of no return. If I recall correctly post cerberus is when difficulty starts ramping up and pretty much have to depend on gatcha for rare medals to clear bonus challenges.

Max character level is 300, really only sane way to cap that is just spamming weekend raids.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    Welcome to point of no return. If I recall correctly post cerberus is when difficulty starts ramping up and pretty much have to depend on gatcha for rare medals to clear bonus challenges.

Max character level is 300, really only sane way to cap that is just spamming weekend raids.

I figured Cerb out awhile back, I tossed Belle in to get rid of his buffs and that did the trick. He still hit me pretty hard, but it wasn't enough to one-shot me, than I finished him off the second turn. It was close though. XD

Damn... 300. That's gonna take awhile, I've already noticed EXP dropping to a crawl once I hit the 170's. But I still have a lot of quests to go. I actually haven't had too much trouble with medal conditions yet, only ones I haven't gotten so far are for random buff procs like "Attack I All" and "Defense I" which I don't have on any of my medals yet. We'll see how long it lasts, I'm around quest 330ish~ I think?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The random buff procs are the only odd objectives for the most part. That's one huge benefit to having an active party- shared medal procs count too.
    That aside, only the upcoming boss stages will give you issue with the "Complete in X turns" objective. It really does require multiple max guilt epics to get those. The stages are passable with less though, thankfully.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

New music is nice. Might give this a go later.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, i found my first story mode boss I couldn't comlete all the medals for. Hades took two turns. I got him pretty low, but not low enough to be able to 1 turn at the moment. I chalk it up to my lack of decent speed medals. Other than Illustrated Riku my choices are pretty non-existant. I mean, I have a 6* Hydra, as well. But I can't put two 6*'s in there without resorting to 1* crap in other slots, which really won't help the situation in the long run. If I had been able to use Power Medals I'm pretty sure 1-shotting him would have been a done deal. I actually have Illustrated Sora and and Xenmas both in it now with the Cid Medals I got this morning. I even replaced Saix with Leon.(I thought Saix was AoE) So I'm sitting pretty there, for now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Been focusing on my Treasure Trove more than the other keys lately since most of my best medals are power-based. I got it to +25 and even acquired an Illustrated Kairi II for it, which has actually been game-changing. I can go non-stop on raid bosses now and get tons of Lux. This weekend I got over 24+ M Lux from the Egg Master raid event. I'm at 256 right now.

I'm about 3 Cid Medals from replacing Leon with an Illustrated Ansem. I can put Illustrated Ansem where Kairi II is and put Kairi II where Leon is.

Hopefully I could start pulling more decent medals for Speed/Magic soon as well. Gotta save those jewels.

Also, I've got to add, the P2P events are so evil... You shouldn't have to PAY to have access to to do an event dungeon. The game is still pretty fun either way, I wish they would take that out though, lol.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah the p2p aspect kills a lot of the fun, like this weeks event looks fucking amazing and I am fighting the urge to throw money at the game given how long I've been playing f2p and have been able to do some fairly decent things with it.