Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You post is missing the English trailer.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The free 3000 gems was nice. Scored a few of the epic cards.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PAX off-screen gameplay

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, DL'd this last night, and got the 3k starting gems this morning. Not sure what kind of stuff is good yet, is this pull decent at all?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think the Leon is a good medal still, but it's been a while since I've played so I'm not entirely sure how it ranks still. The illustrated cards are usually among the best iirc.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I still play with a decent frequency, so IMO on that draw-

Piglet is a great pull for +STR. It'll be your #1 slot on Three Wishes for a while until you get a +3 STR medal, which are very rare. I'd strongly recommend adding Atk Prize+ to it if you ever get one.
    Illustrated Riku is very good. Again, slot 1 for sure.
    Mysterious Figure is brand new. For only 1 gauge, it's not too shabby. The Queen is slightly older, but still good too.

The rest are ok. Leon is one of the better Tier 2 Power medals.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok so, finally got enough jewels for another 3k pull between a couple days login and story mode quests. And even though my keyblades aren't high enough leve to equip 6*'s yet, (hope I can use them soon). I pulled on one of those 6* only banners since they sounded pretty good. Anything in here worth keeping?

And I got this right after the pull, is it important?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I mentioned this in my other post, but what is the description of that Scrooge medal? Scrooges are very important, as they add passive skills to your medals. A 6* Scrooge is very rare and only appears as a bonus to certain 3K draws, or as top-tier rewards from limited-time events.

It's either Atk Boost 2 / Atk Prize+, or Atk Boost 3 / Lux Boost. Either way I say throw it on that Xemnas and don't look back.

Also not sure if you have a party yet, but if not there's room in mine and can help out with any other questions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here's the description, unless I'm reading wrong looks like it has both Attack Boost III and Lux Bonus? Can it have 2 of them?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes, 6* Scrooges are just that awesome. When the skill activates, it will give you a 60% damage boost (huge) and ~3x Lux.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prim View Post
    Yes, 6* Scrooges are just that awesome. When the skill activates, it will give you a 60% damage boost (huge) and ~3x Lux.
    Damn, sounds like my first few banner pulls are starting off decently at least. Just need to grind out the point where i can make use of them.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I gotta be honest I played this game early on but when I got my new phone i had to recover my account and didn't play for a while, and the game completely passed me by... I think the biggest thing was coming back to an event that had like, a mini raid boss in it (Gumi fleet) that had an impossibly large HP pool and one shot me to a game over... I mean, it was clearly defeatable by I had been passed up so much that it erased me.

Then there was a raid boss event, and I did those when they first came out, got up to like Omega level 15+ with me and 4 buddies just having fun... this Omega boss had like ... the HP of an Omega 100 or some shit and it was clearly meant for a Unity of 50~100+ people... and IDK if that was just a special event thing designed toward big unions or if thats just how the game is... but it was awful, and unenjoyable... I think when I came back was around the time of that Hawaii based movie's event, never saw it lol.

I don't even know where to begin with all the new medals, when I left i think Leon was pretty top tier, and I had a 6* nearly fully upgraded version of him...

So long story short, is there any guide to getting back into the game? I'd like to play more but I feel overwhelming and have no idea where to start or what medals to look for.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Those high-HP Omega bosses pop up every weekend now, and you really do need a party to help kill them unless you're stacked full of guilted epics+. But at least everyone who tags the boss at least once reaps the rewards when it dies, and if you have even a semi-active party you can farm a few Chip/Dales, a Cid, and a Magic Mirror (+1% guilt)
    The basic idea of the medals haven't changed. Start all your keyblades with a STR boost or support of some kind, stick with atk medals that offer the most bang for the gauge, and guilt all the things. There's a LOT of medal overlap now, so even the "best" medals are debatable.

I'm doing my best to stick around for the story, but it's getting tougher. You hit a plateau pretty fast where if you're not buying jewels or the Weekly Deal, you're stuck with tier 2 stuff, which doesn't get you very far. And until they make Mickey&Brooms (free dot on any medal) farmable, guilting any of the Tier 4 or Grand Epics cost hundreds of dollars each.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Um, I think we're going to get some soon. They came and gave us 1 mickey and brooms medal. ^^ Prolly on the anniversary. (IF YOU GOT IT SAVE IT!)

Oh and I highly recommend Google Opinion Rewards if you play this game on Android. Free Android points..and free gems once in a while. That's kept me going, tho I consider myself a fish/dolphin, not a whale. (Make a little splash, buying gems once in a blue moon)..There might be a equivalent for Apple but I'm not aware of that.

Also I recommend you save your gems for the most part. We're getting a really good medal pretty soon (Ikari2) so I'm saving. Make sure you do any jewel quests that come up; they really help!

Oh and one more thing. This tumblr has some pretty good advice for F2P/Cheap2Play folks. I had a touch and go with the recent last mission that came up, but hopefully things will be better soon. Oh and I'm saving that one Mickey and Brooms that came up since I really need 2 to guilt the medals that are closest to being guilted.

He also has a link to a tumblr to help you find a party; again recommended. I'm in a really good one that welcomes basic/casuals, so I'm pretty well off.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No way man, I burned that M&B the instant I got it on my SP Axel. Got super lucky and pulled one with 3 dots pre-filled, and now I'm only 1 away from guilt. But as some on Reddit have said, 1 M&B does not a pattern make. I sure hope now that they've gifted out 1 they're more willing to make them occasionally farmable, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I used to do the weekly jewel deal regularly, but my interest has been seriously waning the past couple months. If they were to put M&B farming quests in the weekly deal they'd probably hook me in again for a good while.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually felt it better to save it for a while. I have a couple good ones that are 2 away from guilt (I try to guilt everything b/c of Nova, but that doesn't mean they are good) but..I need one more broom. That's why I'm waiting until after the anniversary and see if we will see more brooms.

According to those in the know, this is how brooms showed up in JP; first they got one, then they got a opportunity to get more later on. So we'll see. And..again according to those in the know, they will be in paid stuff and in the Colosseum. But that's JP.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Union x coming March 23rd in Japan, April for NA & EU
    http://gematsu.com/2017/03/kingdom-h...march-23-japan

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just had an amazing day on KHUX. I went from 88-165 in 2 hours just by helping people fight that Omega raid lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just as a tip- when this 0AP campaign ends (March 27), leveling up via raid bosses will be the main way to restore AP without waiting hours. Try to get as close as you can to leveling, then burn all your AP on something to make the most of it. The increase in lux needed to level up gets crazy high eventually and those free AP resets get fewer and further between.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, I have to ask a question that I've been curious about for a bit. I'm somewhere around quest #130~. I see people with quest progression at a random number over ~#550... how many quests are in this storyline for Christ's sake, lol?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast