+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It is not as good as the movie. It's very average.

E. Body
    BG Level

It's not really like the movie except for the first ep. Honestly I kinda like it now, it's pretty silly and enjoyable.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    I did enjoy that throw back to The Abyss when he was giving Naz cpr at the end

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I actually really enjoy this show. Also the Deb & Quinn love connection is back with this show, lets bring in MCH as a bad guy or Batista and I'll be happy as a turkey on Thanksgiving.

E. Body
    BG Level

Took me a while to get that MCH =-=a

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

This week's episode was a bit of a step back for me. Nice to see them digging a little more into his family life, but "Headquarters!" was an episode where they really nailed it. In the long-term, there's probably not a lot to take away from that other than a standalone ep, but it was an enjoyable hour of tv for me.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Going to have to see how the full seasons play out, but this is neck and neck with Blindspot for best new show on broadcast.
    Hell of an episode.

E. Body
    BG Level

Blindspot is good...? Stopped watching it a while ago.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Ew, Blindspot. I try to forget about that show.

This episode definitely felt different, but it's probably just as simple as the supporting cast got more focus and it was more serious tone than usual, and it was a nice change of pace.

What's going on with the schedule for this though? I hope they're not going to have some sort of lengthy mid-season break soon, considering there were just 2 weeks off since the previous episode.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I hate Boyle, he's a conniving bastard

Show is Great, last episode was damn funny.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just getting into this. Ferris Bueller EP was funny, but then they have Babymetal playing in next episode?

Who is writing this show? Me?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The weirder thing is, the big names involved are Kurtzman & Orci, who are also responsible for Scorpion, Hawaii 5-0, and Sleepy Hollow.
    So, yeah, not exactly sure how that happened.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh god those shows are all beyond atrocious. What the fuck.

But seriously props to Babymetal reference. I totally forgot about them but now Its back in the loop.

E. Body
    BG Level

sleepy hollow is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    sleepy hollow is pretty good
    New season's Storyline is pretty good so far yes

E. Body
    BG Level

Pretty badass ep. Not many ppl watch this, huh? ._.a

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I watch it!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I watch it as well and really enjoy it. The end of last week's ep was one of my favorite things ever (after the credits).

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I watch it as well and really enjoy it. The end of last week's ep was one of my favorite things ever (after the credits).
    Hmm... Fuck now I gotta rewatch it. I'm loving the show, it's maturing well and we even got another Bradley Cooper episode. There was a pretty big twist in the latest episode and we now know who the antagonist is going to be. Another thing is that they seem to be building up to something much much bigger than the petty stuff they deal with on a weekly basis. Yes the show does have a sort of a monster of the week thing going but they really spice it up and you can tell midseason that they knew the show wouldn't last on random FBI investigations alone.

This is one of the few shows that I find hard to predict what the next episode will be about. The latest episode leads me to believe that they're going to end the first season with a bang, or at least a large revelation. I'm hoping that season 2 pivots to something much more riskier, and higher stakes. Though I love the show's quirkiness I don't know if I can do another 22-24 episode season of Brian being an FBI lackey, putting out small fires everywhere while trying to keep everything a secret. I'm hoping they fleshed out the story enough that we can see Brian really utilize NZT for a better goal than just "doing good". It's probably nothing but the scene with Bradley Cooper in the latest episode really got me thinking that Limitless could really go somewhere bold and risky. It reminds me of Lucy which had so much potential but the last quarter of the movie was completely squandered because the writers didn't know what to do with what they had. Limitless has the potential to scratch that itch, maybe not to the extreme that Lucy went but nonetheless give us something meaty and original.

Sadly, the writing is pretty average and this seems to be pretty high budget for a CBS show. I'm sure they'll take the easy way out and play on the Deborah(Rebecca), Sands and Piper arcs until the show is run into the ground.