+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Escha - Zitah Data     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Just fought an NM as a party member, bought the Tribulens for 1k at first, and now the price is 2k. Anyone know if/when it resets?
    this is tracked for each INDIVIDUAL player in 8 stages (read update notes). it goes down after 30 min back to 1k

@sechs: honestly i dont know, it depends if boiling blood can be dispelled, it only has 1 aoe moves and casts some aoe magic, but it started attacking fast towards the end. the problem is avoidance down wont let nin parry let alone evade. i think if you slow down his attacks at the end nin tank would prolly do good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Escha might be the most poorly designed content yet. ~100 total mobs that, with COR roll, KI, and being solo, give 45 slit each and can be cleaved (so of course they are, fuck you I'm not gonna do 40s/minute when I can do 400/min). Party EXP penalty so nobody is grouping to get aforementioned slit. 1000 slit to pop NM, every member of the party needs 1000 to fight said NM. If you want to do more than 2 per hour you have to pay more than 1000 for the second one (and then even higher?).

If you aren't on BST or BLU you have almost zero ability to get slit at a competitive rate, need 3 people in party to even pop the NM so that's 3000 slit minimum. 15 minute timer on fight to discourage soloing (as well as shit like Biast petri-eyes lasting, I kid you not, 5 minutes on my bird pet).

Zero application as a group event with a group bigger than...6?

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Forrodon:
    it killed us. dont let it stack boiling blood, if you can dispel it do, we didnt have any dispel our setup was BST RUN GEO/WHM +3 trusts

due to boiling blood stacking it started to hit me for 550dmg on my 75% PDT epeolatry set, it has avoidance down so battuta wont work either for that last part. critted me for 800 dmg and gained very fast attacks. needless to say it one shot my geo mule for 2.5k dmg form a single hit... started out as a joke fight and got really really messy at the end. lost ¬.¬, it prolly caped its pdif rate on us hence why single hits got me for 550 dmg (75% PDT) and my mule got hit for 2.5k dmg

advice to try dispelling boiling blood or go /nin. ochain and burtgang wont save you either due to avoidance down rendering shieldblocks useless.

EDIT: not i am not sure if boiling blood can even be dispelled from this NM
    BST has dispel on a 1 charge timer. Your BST is bad or it can't be dispelled.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Escha might be the most poorly designed content yet. ~100 total mobs that, with COR roll, KI, and being solo give 45 slit each and can be cleaved (so of course they are, fuck you I'm not gonna do 40s/minute when I can do 400/min). Party EXP penalty so nobody is grouping to get aforementioned slit. 1000 slit to pop NM, every member of the party needs 1000 to fight said NM. If you want to do more than 2 per hour you have to pay more than 1000 for the second one (and then even higher?).

If you aren't on BST or BLU you have almost zero ability to get slit at a competitive rate, need 3 people in party to even pop the NM so that's 3000 slit minimum. 15 minute timer on fight to discourage soloing (as well as shit like Biast petri-eyes lasting, I kid you not, 5 minutes on my bird pet).

Zero application as a group event with a group bigger than...6?

BST has dispel on a 1 charge timer. Your BST is bad or it can't be dispelled.
    my BST buddy just started gearing BST, i didnt mention anywhere that he was a career BST.

I agree on the design part, the flaw of putting on too weak mobs or nto even ilvl 126 mobs is also a problem. at least with such high lvl mobs you could have teamed up and gotten a decent exp rate going and couldnt just faceroll everything into oblivion with AoE shit (not to mention decent CP camps at hands too...)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Do the Unity NMs drop the Unity NM drops? or just like lixirs?
    We got an Adorned Helm drop from one our of Beist kills inside Escha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No, but you did say you didn't have dispel. Which is unequivocally false.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    No, but you did say you didn't have dispel. Which is unequivocally false.
    doesnt change the fact we didnt have dispel at hands due to missing jug woopsie.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I have to agree that this content is designed pretty badly. On paper it looks ok but once you notice the highest mobs are 109...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    I have to agree that this content is designed pretty badly. On paper it looks ok but once you notice the highest mobs are 109...
    From the perspective of someone reactivating it actually makes a lot of sense.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was getting 90-100 (150 for the occasional mosquito) silt per mob with exp ring and Qultada. You don't need to be on BST or BLU to get decent silt rates.

It's going to suck when double campaign ends, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    I was getting 90-100 (150 for the occasional mosquito) silt per mob with exp ring and Qultada. You don't need to be on BST or BLU to get decent silt rates.

It's going to suck when double campaign ends, though.
    The amount of what the fuck that went through my head just now til I processed EXP ring. Did they change EXP rings since I've been gone? I didn't think they'd last for even like 2 merits.

With 11 roll from Quiltada I was maxing out at 4500-4600 EXP/mob except mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    How does it make sense? There's like 15-20, if not more, big camps of mobs. Have a few of them be 119 or higher? Why do they need to have 3 total camps, out of all of them, cap at 109? Does it help people reactivate if nobody else can do the content either?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They give +50% and cap at 30000 exp, but that 30k is before multipliers and double campaign, so it's more like 110,000-120,000 right now before they vanish, and the cooldown is 15 minutes.

Do you have all three experience boosting KIs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    They give +50% and cap at 30000 exp, but that 30k is before multipliers and double campaign, so it's more like 110,000-120,000 right now before they vanish, and the cooldown is 15 minutes.

Do you have all three experience boosting KIs?
    Interesting, I should pick one up before I go back. And yes I do.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Killed Aglaophotis or w/e, 119 Rafflesia NM that dropped the Naga Kyahan (Mnk/Sam/Nin/Pup feet). Wasn't too hard with a setup of pld, dnc, cor, and blu with Kupipi and Ulmia as trusts. Agla has permanent enwater that was doing 240-300 on me as pld with minimal mdt gear on and seemed to have a bio aura up throughout the fight. He also occasionally would aoe sleep the group as a tp move or aoe silence but the silence never seemed to last too long. Used the standard tp moves from his family and the only real threat from him was the damage from his enwater as he could hit pretty fast.

As for the Naga Kyahan, I went to upgrade them and glanced at the paths. Path A gave Str+3 Acc+1 at rank 1, Str+3 Acc+2 at rank 2, and Str+4 Acc+3 Subtle Blow+3 at rank 3. I didn't make a good note of the other paths aside from Path B giving Vit and 2 other stats (I believe eva and something else for tanking), and Paths C and D gave 3 stats that were solely "Pet:" stats for Pup.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh yeah, and I also have Uragnite cheer active, for another +5% exp. This was one of my kills with higher-end experience (This was when I came back on a different job, and had CP ring and Limascabra cheer active instead, so would have been >10000 with exp ring on).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Anyone found Despair Helm from T1 NMs yet?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The part that doesn't make much sense to me is that the pop NMs are high up there on the difficulty scale, so the new people coming back that are swamping the zone at the moment farming silt will really never progress past the first tier of NMs. On the bright side, this means after a week or so the zone should be empty and open to cleaving for the people who can actually pop/kill the NMs.

Even now I don't find farming silt that bad. With all the XP buffs, I'm getting around 4-6K xp on bugards/efts in a party of 4. I can usually manage chain 100 in around 30-40 minutes assuming it isn't JP primetime, which is 5K silt. Once the event dies down and we're able to cleave the majority of the mobs there, it'll be even easier to farm.

The overall event might seem obtuse right now based on the fact we're use to events that we can clear in less than 1 week, but we need to remember these are probably the last events we'll ever get for the game, so if it wasn't a long, drawn out process in some form or another, we'd have cleared it already and have nothing to do for the next 2-3 months until the next update hits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Gulltop lvl 119 Beetle. Super easy...I don't really have much to say it was such a pushover.

Dropped Pursurer's Cuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Forrodon:
    EDIT: not i am not sure if boiling blood can even be dispelled from this NM
    Wonder if it can be Aura Stealed/Larcenied away instead. That'd turn the tables PDQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    They've said that Rhaspodies was supposed to start at beginning 99's level and work it's way up through to the average 119-geared players by the end.

This is like Ceziak/Yahse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Revetaur : Pursuer's Beret
    Tangata Manu : Eschite Cuisses
    Yali : Pursuer's Pants
    Kamohoalii : Nibiru Cudgel
    Umdhlebi : Sapience Orb
    Angrboda : Lucidity Sash
    Vidala : Overbearing Ring

All these NMs were easy/fast to kill with PLD, GEO and SMN using Black Halo > Flaming Crush for Light SC, some can't even survive the first SC if FC crit or Bolster is used. The Golem took a bit more of time since it absorbs fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast