1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Underlined part is kind of dumb. I hope that you can just auto-desummon the previous turret by just placing a new turret, and it doesn't actually force you to unsummon then summon.
    Here's to hoping it's just a pet command.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll keep updating the third post and I'll just post again once it's finished. I've just added the Dragoon stuff. Blood of the Dragon sounds quite cool, though I guess it all depends on how strong the effect and associated abilities are. It's actually called Blue Dragon Blood in Japanese, so it's another localization change (guessing the English would have been something like Blood of the Azure Dragon based on the Dragoon lore).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah that sounds too long, Slycer. Decent for an anime-style CS or just the static pop-in image with the fast-moving white lines behind the character's open-mouthed yelling expression, but I'll take "Blood of the Dragon" over "BLOOD OF THE AZURE DRAAAGOOOON~!!" like its an episode of G Gundam or something.

With Drg getting such long combos, its going to be interesting to see how they handle dealing with all of that movement and positioning and combo retention while under heavy fire. Drgs have... uhh... never been the most... capable of roles when mixing it up against big bosses that require tons of movement and avoidance, so I'll be curious to see how quickly drgs can get around while still keeping these long strings going.

I remember one thing that Spider-Dan said awhile back that I agreed with, and that's how some classes seem to spend more time looking at their hotbars than at the actual game in question. I wonder if Drg will further be shoved down this path with all of the focus seemingly going towards maintaining not only longer rotations, but being able to adjust each on the fly to extend/prematurely end combos for bigger damage. I'm still hoping for a massive cooldown reduction on evasive jump, considering how often drgs need to be in a dangerous position to deliver maximum damage.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This game would be 100 times more amazing if they had G-Gundam style cut-ins and shoutouts for attacks. I do not understand this blasphemy.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Whenever anyone makes a shining finger sword LB macro they get a commend out of me no matter how abysmal they were

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    So the type of turret doesn't determine the buff in support mode like previously thought? ie bishop restores MP and rook restores TP
    I would hope it doesn't matter, would be stupid if you had to use an AoE attack turret on a single target because you needed the recovery ability it had...

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Here's to hoping it's just a pet command.
    Tbh I'm wondering if the turrets will even be considered pets (fixed position, no HP, can't accumulate hate), or if placing a turret would be more akin to casting Shadow Flare or something.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    This game would be 100 times more amazing if they had G-Gundam style cut-ins and shoutouts for attacks. I do not understand this blasphemy.
    All I can think about is the goddamn trainer fight intros for Pokemon X/Y. Everyone's mouth is hanging wide open in the most anime of action yells.

I'm outright quitting this game, though, if it turns into an Anime fighter where there's a long-ass sentence yelled for every single attack, complete with clipping voices cutting previous attack moves off in a horrible display of ear-based torture.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I would hope it doesn't matter, would be stupid if you had to use an AoE attack turret on a single target because you needed the recovery ability it had...
    It sounded like turning on the buff function turns off the attack function, so that's not really an issue (assuming that is correct).

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Whenever anyone makes a shining finger sword LB macro they get a commend out of me no matter how abysmal they were
    Like every other MNK using LB3, am I right? huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    It sounded like turning on the buff function turns off the attack function, so that's not really an issue (assuming that is correct).
    Oh right I forgot about that, still even then I hope swapping drones isn't slow and cumbersome...

I hope to ditch BRD for Machinist on my alt (my controllers will last twice as long not buttomashing for bloodletter procs) so I hope it's not annoying to play.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was hoping to find out which combo actions got directional requirements for Nin. Seems weird that they'd gloss over such a big play style change.

Fingers crossed it's only 2 like DRG, any more than that and idk if I'm willing to put up with Mudra lag -and- excessive positionals.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Done with DPS stuff.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Fingers crossed it's only 2 like DRG, any more than that and idk if I'm willing to put up with Mudra lag -and- excessive positionals.
    That's about my stance on it too. May be time to go back to Mnk if I have to constantly dance on top of doing server delayed jazz hands and extra support tasks. May as well get better max dps potential out of the extra effort.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for all the work Slycer, you're a godsend!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I got a PM from a Lillia earlier linking an article from Dengeki Online. I'll browse through it for new information or see if it warrants a full translation, but the point she was interested in was about stance switching on astrologian.

A snip from the article:

"...However, one caveat is that switching [stances] during combat is not allowed. It will be necessary to review the party setup and choose a stance in advance...."

Source: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/056/1056760/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    It was a common sight to have Shukuchi pull hate instead of a tank at the start of a fight...
    wat? Shukuchi is the ability that just moves you from one place to another.

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    That's about my stance on it too. May be time to go back to Mnk if I have to constantly dance on top of doing server delayed jazz hands and extra support tasks. May as well get better max dps potential out of the extra effort.
    I guess if you've been playing MNK for the last 2 years you can continue to play the same job for another 2 years, but if you switch now you might actually have fun?

I'm salty about MNK for now (or forever, who knows), don't mind me.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Even with that restriction if the shields Astrologian can give people stack (separate buff) with SCH shields then I see no reason to choose a regen additional effect instead. In any scenario where you are spamming heals on a tank the Regen would have to be pretty potent to even notice an effect where a shield would be direct mitigation to allow for better survivability against tank killer moves. The only thing regen would be beneficial for is to top off anyone besides the main tank so you could just fire and forget and go back to focusing sooner.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    wat? Shukuchi is the ability that just moves you from one place to another.
    That whole section made no sense to me but I'm pretty sure he was talking about Shukuchi. I think he was referring to the start of a fight where a NIN might get itchy trigger finger and Shukuchi over to the mob and attack before the tank does an action on it and have hate temporarily.