Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

FIFA officials being arrested in Switzerland, extradition to US. Spoiler: Sepp not among them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Who wants to bet that these officials were not going to vote for blatter? It's a bit coincidental that the votes are this Friday and they get arrested 3 days before the election.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    Who wants to bet that these officials were not going to vote for blatter? It's a bit coincidental that the votes are this Friday and they get arrested 3 days before the election.
    I don't think the US is pro-Blatter. Not after Qatar. There's apparently a statute of limitations timetable at work here. Regardless, blotter is a shoe-in. My guess is the US are going to attempt to get them to roll on Blatter. Fuck that dude. He won't even step foot in the US for fear of being arrested.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yah apparently they are still investigating others. Arrest the ones you feel you have enough on and hopefully they provide you the info you need for others.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So wait, we can pursue criminal charges against sporting officials of a sport comparatively few Americans care about, yet we can't convict any banking leaders for eroding the quality of life of everyone - Americans and the rest of the world???

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    So wait, we can pursue criminal charges against sporting officials of a sport comparatively few Americans care about, yet we can't convict any banking leaders for eroding the quality of life of everyone - Americans and the rest of the world???
    Justice is blind yo. Can't see shit through that blindfold.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quoting a guy off of Reddit:

Quote Originally Posted by /u/hold_my_drink
    As an American, this is quite literally our greatest ever contribution to soccer.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Take the tinfoil hat off dog; Blatter being reelected was a 100% foregone conclusion prior to this. If anything, the timing of the sting may lead to a delay in the vote at least, and a change in leadership if we're lucky.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Also, if you have some time to read an amazing expose on Blatter, his control over FIFA, and the extent of its long-standing corruption, read this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...-blatter-fifa/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Take the tinfoil hat off dog; Blatter being reelected was a 100% foregone conclusion prior to this. If anything, the timing of the sting may lead to a delay in the vote at least, and a change in leadership if we're lucky.

Tinfoil hat? With the shit I read up on this guy, it is completely realistic that he would destroy those who would go against him. From the stories about this guy, I wouldn't put it passed him. The charges seem ridiculous for the FBI to persue on an foreign entity when we have the same if not worse in our own banking industry. Its very unusual, that's why I asked that question.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Say what you will about Blatter, but at least he isn't punishing Cristiano Ronaldo for playing with a possibly-under-inflated ball.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tinfoil hat? With the shit I read up on this guy, it is completely realistic that he would destroy those who would go against him. From the stories about this guy, I wouldn't put it passed him. The charges seem ridiculous for the FBI to persue on an foreign entity when we have the same if not worse in our own banking industry. Its very unusual, that's why I asked that question.
    1) Most of the focus from the FBI/DOJ is on malfeasance conducted within the CONCACAF sphere of the FIFA world. The charges stem from illegal acts (racketeering, wire fraud, etc.) largely originating on U.S. soil or using domestic financial institutions.
    2) Per ESPN, Blatter refuses to enter U.S. territory right now for fear of being detained himself. (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/repo...ear-of-the-fbi)
    3) He was going to be a landslide victor in the coming election from all accounts

Blatter did not arrange this.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The best thing about this whole scenario is hearing all the talking heads on ESPN butcher the pronunciation of Qatar.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

past, pursue

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Thanks Stannis.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    past, pursue

Lol, Damn auto correct.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Why would it be any different? Stamp out crime in the areas that you have the least personal stake in. Shows you're tough on crime while not actually hurting any of your friends in the process. You wouldn't want to directly or indirectly prosecute any of your friends in the banking industry, would you? You guys grew up together! You played golf and cornhole in college together! You can look the other way for them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    The best thing about this whole scenario is hearing all the talking heads on ESPN butcher the pronunciation of Qatar.
    Are the calling it Cater instead of Ka-tar?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've heard cater, cutter, kwuh-tur, kwah-tar, etc.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

From a guy I know who lived in Doha, "cotter".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast