+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I didn't mind the sex at all. It brings more realism to the show. Remember; it's a show about ordinary people's "everyday life" who suddenly go through something that connects them and throws them in to an unexpected situation. They make the best of the situation they're presented with. Ordinary people have sex, and the fact that the show had such a relaxed view on sex and naked bodies made the show appear more realistic - which is a feat in and of itself considering how unrealistic the premise is. So in a way, because the the sex and nakedness was so crude and raw, it served as a reminder that they're ordinary people with flaws, needs and desires.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

watched the whole thing, loved it.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If it weren't for Netflix's patented Binge™ Tech, I'd have probably dropped it. Four hours of a viewer's time before the plot starts to move is a bit much to ask.
    Spoiler: show
    The unnecessary amount of boob/sex/pride in the first couple eps didn't sit well with me either.
    I usually don't mind pride/transgender stuff, but I felt that was all they were trying to push in the first few episodes between Nomi and Amanita. I kind of expected it with Lana Wachowski being involved, but not as much as they did in the first few episodes. Oh yea, also the actress that plays Nomi is

a transgender actress as well which is why you might notice why she has a more masculine voice

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Oh god- episode 10 was the most badass episode so far.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Finished the last episode, and went "wtf why can't I click next episode" then noticed the season was only 12 episodes.

Really enjoying it so far.

Fuck the haters. It's nice seeing an actual representation of all different kinds of people for once.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Fuck the haters. It's nice seeing an actual representation of all different kinds of people for once.
    i feel like giving it points for having a tranny and a gay couple is kind of taking away from what the show was trying to do.

really neat concept but i didn't enjoy how they ended it, and they left a ton to be explained that they touched on very briefly. i also don't really like how none of the characters were really surprised when the other ones showed up randomly they all just "accepted" it.

i'll watch the next season but probably the worst netflix show i've seen so far (and i've watched hemlock grove)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

...and then I realized it was Martha from Doctor Who.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

A bit late but I binge watched this yesterday. It was slow at first, but I really sat up and took an interest in episode 6, you know,
    the psychic orgy one...

I ended up really enjoying the series and I hope they make a second season.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Finally finished the first season. Echoing what most others said, the season finally picks up around episode 6 or 7. I liked where it was going, and it definitely has potential, but the ending was a bit odd for me~

So...they're just gonna keep drugging Will every time he wakes up to stay alive?

Sun should've just taken over and beaten everyone up, taken over her company, then the world. Hope they do season 2 and really delve into some good plot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think with Will
    they just need to take him somewhere he doesn't know where he is and make sure he has no contact with the outside world. The boat looked to be heading toward an island, but even if it's not that one, they can pick any island (that's habitable). I'm sure something will fuck up the situation though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Show has been picked up for a 2nd season.
    https://twitter.com/netflix/status/630030865054109698

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Aside from all the standard complaints, I think the most frustrating thing about this show was their use of languages. Korean lady speaking to another inmate in a prison? Let's use English. See a black guy in the middle of a crowded street? Korean seems appropriate for this situation.

I'm glad it got the second season. After the first 6 episodes of preaching, it was a pretty good show.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I think with Will
    they just need to take him somewhere he doesn't know where he is and make sure he has no contact with the outside world. The boat looked to be heading toward an island, but even if it's not that one, they can pick any island (that's habitable). I'm sure something will fuck up the situation though.
    Way late response on this.

Yeah, the way I figured it is the doc can now see everything through Will's eyes and I'm sure it will be explored in season two that Will can see through the doc's eyes. So long as Will isn't able to see where they are going or any identifying landmarks etc their location will be an unknown.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Aside from all the standard complaints, I think the most frustrating thing about this show was their use of languages. Korean lady speaking to another inmate in a prison? Let's use English. See a black guy in the middle of a crowded street? Korean seems appropriate for this situation.

I'm glad it got the second season. After the first 6 episodes of preaching, it was a pretty good show.
    To be fair though when she first sees the black dude it's before their powers were really discovered. So it would be extremely likely she would speak her native language to him. As to speaking to another prisoner in English in a Korean prison, it's odd that Korean wouldn't be used. But it's not uncommon for Koreans to speak English. South Korean students learn English from elementary school through high school. So it's not entirely wtf worthy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

That's hardly the only instance of it. What I mean is that just about EVERY interaction of people within their own country is in English, but almost all first meetings between sensates is "Hey, now seems like a good time to bust out this language they should have 0 chance of understanding were it not for our weird-ass mindlink powers despite the fact that I know English and it's the most likely common-ground language."

It's just Translation Convention that they go out of their way to point out by adding scenes where they don't speak English.

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Netflix also put up a a BoS of the filming of Sense8, was pretty cool to watch and only 25 minutes.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's hardly the only instance of it. What I mean is that just about EVERY interaction of people within their own country is in English, but almost all first meetings between sensates is "Hey, now seems like a good time to bust out this language they should have 0 chance of understanding were it not for our weird-ass mindlink powers despite the fact that I know English and it's the most likely common-ground language."

It's just Translation Convention that they go out of their way to point out by adding scenes where they don't speak English.
    It's implied they are speaking their native languages and as much as I love subtitles i'm glad its all in English.

@Will possible season 2 spoilers:

JMS has said that the drugs that Angel was taking in the first episode may come into play since Kala is a chemist. She might end up making a drug that suppresses visiting. He also mentioned for season 2 that we're going to see the story move on from the "origin" story in season 1 and that we're going to see what Riley is going to be able to bring to the cluster.

It's been a little while since I watched it, but I'm pretty sure that when they're speaking their own language to someone who understands (IE Korean to Korean) it's just in English, but when they're speaking it to someone who doesn't understand then it's not in English.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This show is pretty amazing. I'm excited that it will have a 2nd season.

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hope this isn't too bad of a necropost...

Miguel Silvestre (Lito) posted this to his Instagram account this morning.

http://i.imgur.com/Gce4u8hh.jpg

Source: https://instagram.com/p/BCpxZW0IIKZ/

Am excite!!!