+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sense8 - Series Finale June 8th

Sense8 is the new Netflix Original it's coming June 5th at 12:01 AM PST. It's the latest project that the Wachowski's have been working on.

Creators: Lana Wachowski, Andy Wachowski, J. Michael Straczynski

Premise:
    One gunshot, one death, one moment out of time that irrevocably links eight minds in disparate parts of the world, putting them in each other's lives, each other's secrets, and in terrible danger. Ordinary people suddenly reborn as "Sensates."

Character Promos (Playlist of teasers for each of the 8 characters):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mS5Lu8I4n3FHFk

Add it to your list on Netflix here: http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80025744

Netflix has let some critics watch the first three episodes and so far it seems promising, the cast in interviews have been telling people that its a little slow to start but things start to pick up around episode 4. They also mention that there's a reason why the sensate connections are stronger with certain characters, along with promising that a lot of the mysteries will be revealed before the end of the first season. So far 4 more seasons have been planned out.

I hope to fuck this takes off, the Wachowski's really need a win after the lukewarm reception for Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This looks great, will definitely see what it's like when it releases.

E. Body
    BG Level

Looks cool. At least they drop all eps, unlike that new show BeTween

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

That the guy from Stargate: Universe? Glad he's getting some work. Looks pretty cool.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yeah lt scott? asian chick doing kung fu looks great too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

God Episode 4 is where all the potential for this show seems to be. If they can keep it up for the rest of the episodes i'm going to stick around for 4 more seasons.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm 11 episodes in, sometimes it's super awesome, sometimes it's like wtf is even happening.

E. Body
    BG Level

5 episodes in seems like a looooooong intro to super heroes, that aren't quite super heroes....?

I probably should watch it with another goal/idea/expectations in mind.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    sometimes it's like wtf is even happening.
    And I just got to this part, i believe....

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Had nothing better to do so I watched the first season yesterday and today. I'll spoiler shit. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler: show
    I'm torn on this show tbh. I want to like it. And some episodes make it very easy to do so. Other ones are just painful to watch. The whole Will & Riley romance I can quasi understand. But the whole Kala & Wulfgang one is a bit much. Some of the actions sequences are very entertaining. Both Wulfgang and Sun are badasses. Capheus is hit or miss. Lito serves next to no purpose at all other than to expose a same sex relationship to broader audiences. Nothing wrong with it at all. I'd like Lito a lot if he actually served a purpose. He was only useful once imo when he jumped into Wulfgang's view and stalled Steiner so Wulfgang could unleash hell. I dig Nomi. I think the trans actress that plays her has done a great job. Whispers and Jonas I'm not a fan of. The foreshadowing for Whispers to fuck with Will over the next season leads me to believe Will ends up as an unwilling antagonist. But we'll see.

All in all the first season is essentially one 13 episode origins story for everyone. There's definitely potential for the series to get good. But there's also serious chance this show falls apart. We've all seen before what happens when the Wachowski's decide to get all meta and mind fucky. I'd give it a 6/10 with the potential to explode and be awesome or to vanish after 2 seasons.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

What is it with this show and the camera jerking around?

Some of those scenes wish I had some warning before...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

It took me a while to grow to like this show - but finally at episode 8 I am really starting to like it - the character stories are really becoming interesting. I was a bit worried as the stories some characters had were ridiculously cheesy to me.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The first episode had me overwhelmed a bit with all that was going on, and then I found myself wanting to know more about their connection (backstory, etc.), but I'm beginning to really like the pace. The show is really beautiful at times, and definitely worth watching.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's the part everyone got lost at? I didn't really think it was that confusing at all.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The whole child birth thing was not where I got lost but it was definitely the most wtf moment of the season imo.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    What's the part everyone got lost at? I didn't really think it was that confusing at all.
    Not lost, just confused about wtf we were watching

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it weren't for Netflix's patented Binge™ Tech, I'd have probably dropped it. Four hours of a viewer's time before the plot starts to move is a bit much to ask.
    The unnecessary amount of boob/sex/pride in the first couple eps didn't sit well with me either.

And regarding the fourth episode...

Going to keep with it at any rate. Just wish Daredevil being the last thing I watched as a Netflix original everything else feels lacking in comparison.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

first i was skeptic, but the season really starts to take off after episode 7 and I cant wait now for season 2!
    Storys and chars i liked the most:
    Sun the Asian chick: Badass and the family story was good
    Naomi + Will working together was allways awesome
    Wulfgang story felt a bit overedged
    I think the chars are good done and serve a purpose altough the spanish actor only started to serve a purpose towards the last few episodes.

What we basicly have here is:
    Asian Chick: fucking machine + knowledge of company stuff
    Naomi: Hacker, in short she is prolly the one gathering Intel for the Group (think of Watchtower)
    African Guy: pro when it comes to anything relating cars/vehicles
    Wolfgang: pro when it comes to killing + criminal stuff (pick locking etc etc), no hesitation to kill
    Will: classic cop, has a bit of everything, Intel, Cop stuff, shooting mix of all things
    Iceland girl: Artistic side of the group, Wolfgang prolly only could crack the safe because of her
    Indian chick: healer, chemist. Basicly everything that involves mixing stuff
    Latin Actor: Lieing? Acting? Playing cool getting easy in touch with peeps, i dont know :/

I hope they make the Latin Actor and African Guy more usefull, because atm they seem the least usefull of them. Maybe one of them can fly a helicopter/plane!?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I finished it the other night and loved it enough that i'm going to try and rewatch it to see if I missed out on anything. I fell in love with the concept the moment they mentioned that it would have some sort of mind sharing. I was curious to see how the Wachowski's would shoot it and reminded me a lot of Gaius Baltar and Caprica Six from BSG. I loved that part of BSG and seeing it become a core concept in Sense8 really gave me a nerdgasm.

I loved the action and the sense of community it tried to build for the 12 episodes. I'm hoping that it does well enough to warrant a sequel but at the same time I understand that this might not be the show for everyone. Even though I'm comfortable with the material, there was a lot of sex in general and at least with Game of Thrones they throw it in to spice things up during the boring episodes. With Sense8 I kinda wished they had went all out maybe once or twice during the season with the sex scenes and moved on, or at least toned it down. It's an awesome show and a lot of the people in my area aren't as open minded and it's hard to recommend a show like this to them.

I'm definitely sticking around for as many seasons as it's given. Seeing how the sensates work together and help each other through their differences and emotions was amazing. It definitely feels unique in that aspect and I can't think of anything else that is like it. This might not be a complete win for the Wachowski's. It's still a niche series that a lot of people are going to look down upon with the gay and transgender themes, but they had to have known it wasn't going to be for a wide audience.

As far as the plot goes i'm really impressed. This guy on reddit really made me want to go back and rewatch the episodes from the beginning:
    My theory is that on some level the whole cluster understood this, even if subconsciously. We then see Wolfgang being urged by Felix to do some karaoke. At the same time Riley flips on her iPod and selects that "perfect song for a lobotomy", as Amanita would later put it. Suddenly we have all members of the cluster singing the song... and Nomi barely regains consciousness to mutter a line from the song. Yes, she's still drugged-up in preparation for the surgery. Yet somehow her cluster-mate's sudden connection, singing the song simultaneously, broke her out of her drugged up state so she could sing, too, bringing her out of her drug-induced unconsciousness. That allowed Will to visit her and pick the handcuffs binding her to the bed. In other words? Not only was this the very first time all eight were on the same wavelength at the same time, it was done for a very specific reason: to wake up Nomi, who was about to be killed or, at the very least, removed from the cluster.
    The cluster's primal instinct for survival as a whole manifested in that song to wake Nomi up so Will and Amanita could save her.
    Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Sense8/comme...he_first_time/

There's also a WSJ article with one of the guys who wrote for Sense8 explaining a bit about how everything works (READ THIS!!):
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/...ense8-netflix/

Edit: One last thing, over 250k people voted on Sense8 and it's sitting at 4.1 stars, on top of the 500k+ people who pirated it. Those aren't Game of Thrones numbers but after 250k votes and sitting at 4.1 stars, that's pretty decent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast