+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think 4U is honestly the better game, but the playerbase will likely be dead now.

And Hyper monsters and Deviants kinda take the place of G rank.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I honestly don't understand the weapon upgrade in gen

I'm using a 110 hammer and it says my next update is a 70 dmg venom hammer wut?

And I can't go to level 3 cuz it says I need lv 2 before

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How is it confusing? The top part of the upgrade screen is leveling up that specific weapon path. Anything lower then that is changing it to a different weapon path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Soo.

Never played a MonHun game before.

Should I start here or with 4?
    Guild quests are trash, probably fewer people playing now, I'd say pick up Gen.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Then you're hr1 and not

Hr refers to online rank, offline is called village
    I'm not doing the quests in the village, I'm doing the ones in the Hunter's hub, same ones people do online.

I'm farming rathalos to upgrade a weapon, is there a way to make it stop flying all over the place? It artificially inflates the time it takes to kill it by 10+ minutes, because I can only hit it once or twice and then he goes up for 40+ secs shooting fireballs and clawing arround. If I try to get him while he's flying I get myself comboed to death so... It's starting to get annoying, running in circles for so long is no challenge, just tedious.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I'm not doing the quests in the village, I'm doing the ones in the Hunter's hub, same ones people do online.

I'm farming rathalos to upgrade a weapon, is there a way to make it stop flying all over the place? It artificially inflates the time it takes to kill it by 10+ minutes, because I can only hit it once or twice and then he goes up for 40+ secs shooting fireballs and clawing arround. If I try to get him while he's flying I get myself comboed to death so... It's starting to get annoying, running in circles for so long is no challenge, just tedious.
    I see my bad then

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

do stuff like traps to keep him grounded too

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Flash bombs when it is flying drop rathalos down for a short beating. Staggering it while in the air (like when you break a part) will also drop it down. Also, when it is flying, the tail is low to th ground, so depending on which weapon you use, you can get a few attacks in there too. If you have a move with armor (most weapons do) and you can predict when it will land after flying, you can prepare a hit or a hort combo as soon as it lans, since the armor will prevent you to be staggered by the landing wind (beware of its body, though, that will knock you down).

Or, you could use aerial whatever and keep attacking while it flies.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of flash bombing Rathalos, whenever anyone here gets to farming Dreadking Rath, it's worthwhile to note that flash bombs do not work until you break it's wings.

This doesn't seem to be common knowlegdge so just figured I'd share for whenever people get to that point.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I still don't know what skills to get for my SA gearset besides AuL, should I get Razor Sharp so my sharpness doesn't deplete as fast? (though SA isn't particularly a fast weapon), is Sharpness +1 worth it? Or should I just go with Critical Eye?

I'm going to try Focus on my Hammer since many times my charge falls short by very little, I'll see if it corrects my timing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

i'm having trouble finding any decent early high rank light bowgun sets, the Seltas Queen set seems more like a gunlance set to me =\

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So... how the heck is it fair that HR hunts can simply combo you to death with 3 unavoidable hits if you get hit once, the animation to get up takes forever with no way to defend yourself but they can still hit you and you get stuck in an animation loop of getting thrown around > trying to get up > repeat till you die, gets on my nerves. Or are you meant to not get hit once in 30+ minutes fight or risk being combo'd to death?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Welcome to Monster Hunter? That's been a thing since day 1.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't remember this happening in MHFU so damn often, I'll have to adjust and play more conservatively, playing in such an aggressive way most likely exacerbates it, still, so damn annoying.

BG Level

Just got to Village 5*

Will need to farm new gear and HR ranks soon lol have the same gear since village 2*

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rathalos set is a good step up from Bujabujabu.

My general progression was (somewhat gem/charm dependent)

Bujabujabu (Attack Up L)

Rathalos/Rathalos/Ceanataur/Rathalos/Bnahabra (Attack Up S/Weakness Exploit/Razor Sharp)

The S version of the same set (which knocked the Attack Up to M)

To specialized sets for each weapon now, though I've gotten lazy and am just using full sets since they're so good now.

Black S for GS + Sheathing from Gems/Charm
    Silverwind for SA + Razor Sharp from Gems/Charm
    Dreadking for CB + Razor Sharp or Wide Range depending on specific build

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

that stoneshell cenataur armor seems really good also, and the full Plesioth HR armor is REALLY good for Aerial styles, has Mounting Master, Airborne, Capture Master and you can slot in Mushromancer pretty easily :D

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Monster Hunter X | Generations - Heading West Summer 2016

Almost unlocked deviant hermitaur cute mini skirt incoming.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a little sad that set mix/matching is kinda dead for most melee weapons (still useful for bow/bowguns). The Deviant sets are so fucking good, and as long as you can get access to Quick Sheath via decorations the Black S set is perfect for GS.

I had some fucking amazing mixed sets in 4U. I was especially always proud of my LBG set, cause that shit was the mad note and even color coordinated.

BG Level

Forgot what does Affinity does again for weapon? and how good is Bomb (iirc it was called slime before) stat Vs 4U?