BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Said fuck it and went for the Fated Four quest. Just did it in my normal kit, potions, hot/cold drinks, food and pickaxes/bugnets. It was surprisingly easy, never seen a "final" village quest so simple in any previous games.
    It was very easy for me too, but don't worry, the advanced ones that unlock after that are genuinely difficult with low rank gear.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finished getting my Silverwind set all up to 10 today. Using it with aerial style Morning Calm, and it's positively beastly. The aerial evade takes some getting used to, but overall the set leads to some very fast-paced but ultimately short fights. Shame about the low defense, though.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

G rank version announced (called XX in Japan) due out in Japan on March 18th. Can import saves from X, adds two new hunting styles, and some new/returning monsters like Barroth, Baritoh, Deviant Diablos (ugh), and some unannounced ones.

No mention yet if it'll see a worldwide release.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I need to pick up the game again, and this seems a good time!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Obviously this is 99% sure not to happen since it never has before, but it'd be cool if it was offered as a $15-20 DLC or something instead of having to buy the whole game again

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    G rank version announced (called XX in Japan) due out in Japan on March 18th. Can import saves from X, adds two new hunting styles, and some new/returning monsters like Barroth, Baritoh, Deviant Diablos (ugh), and some unannounced ones.

Double Cross announced for Japan, Coming March 18, 2017
    The game will include: Guild Style, Strike Style, Aerial Style, and Bushido style, as well as two new styles. One of the new styles is Brave Style, and the other is as-yet unannounced.

The game will also include a new field called "Igunrei" a new "Ryúshikisen" base, and will include six main monsters, including: Gammoth, Astalos, Mizutsune, and Glavenus, and the new main monsters Balfarc and a new Diablos variant.

Those who have save data from Monster Hunter X can transfer their save data to Monster Hunter XX. Additionally, those who have save data from Monster Hunter Stories will also get a special bonus in Monster Hunter XX.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-game/.108156

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Really at this point it's not a question of if, it's a question of when. Monster Hunter sales have been steadily increasing in the west since 3U which is probably why Capcom NA felt it was worth localizing a non G/U version with Generations to begin with.

As far as the trailer goes I'm gonna assume those weapons they showed with the blue glow were using the new style which is adding some Frontier style flair to the weapons which was sorely needed. It also looks like they are adding variants for some of the new monsters since that Malfestio looked slightly different than normal. The new flagship with Jet Engines for wings is a bit much but considering Dire Miralis had volcanoes for arms I'll give it a pass. Overall what I hope for to see returning are the large elder dragons like Dalamadur/Lao Shun Lung and the variant monsters along with returning favorites like Barioth.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just hope we're not looking at too long of a turn around to get our hands on a western release.

Also, I haven't kept on dlc releases for Gen, is Hyper Rajang out yet?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just hope we're not looking at too long of a turn around to get our hands on a western release.

Also, I haven't kept on dlc releases for Gen, is Hyper Rajang out yet?
    You have CFW you know what to do

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hyper Rajang and Deviljho are still not out though Hyper Silver Rath did just release. As far as western release dates go if XX is coming out in March of next year normally I would expect it to come out Fall/Winter of that year but considering a large portion of the localization is already done from Gen it could very well come out mid/late Summer instead. I'll curb my expectations and say early Fall for now, around September, and hope I get proven wrong.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

GaijinHunter did a follow up on Brave Style:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lao-Shan Lung hype

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

MHXX x Hunter x Hunter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hella bump, but I lost my MHGen save, and am looking for someone to share the "perfect" fighter/assist cats. Names are "NyantalesX" and "PoogieP" iirc. Fuck if I'm gonna go through the hassle of trying to recruit perfect cats again :/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

n-n-n-necro buuuuuuuuuump

been searching for a 3ds game to play lately and landed on this. I've played a few other MH games and I figured this would be fun.

I was wrong. it's not fun. it's a soul-sucking life-affirming vortex of joy and hatred.

<3

playing great sword for the first time. I usually do something more mobile, like dual blades, but I wanted to try something different. I really like how GS forces you to play more strategically since your recovery/attack time is slow. just a few more 2* quests before I unlock 3*.

anyone else still playing MH? this or anything else in the series?

I am at about 200 hours in MHXX. I JUST switched to GS actually from SNS. Never in any of the previous games had I given it a real shot. Too slow, can't wrap my head around how to play it. Brave style changed that all. Love it now. Just beat the last boss with GS and now of course I have to go make a bunch of Elemental ones... The 'weight' of it, it just feels crushing to use against those stupid monster faces.

Keep up that hate-joy!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

GS really is a lot of fun. it takes some getting used to but like you said, that satisfying crunch of the blade slicing into an enemy is just awesome. plus I feel like it gives the battles a different layer of strategy since you have to be so careful about timing.

enjoy your hunting :D I'm about to take down Cephadrome so still early on lol