Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've enjoyed striker SnS the most. Landing a shoryuken or evading while attacking with circle blade feels so good.

On the other hand (rant incoming), I've been VERY disappointed with bushido lance. The perfect guard can only be done from idle, which means that in order to exploit it you need to stop attacking, unlike the other weapons where you can cancel most attacks (well, their recovery) with a roll leading to a perfect evade. That makes perfect sense, since bushido rewards aggressivenes for those who can pull of the evades constantly and rewards them with extra attacks for doing so. On the other hand, bushido lance (and I imagine, bushido GL too) is forced to not attack in order to exploit the mechanic. Normally evade lancers are poking all day and hop or sidestep when an attack is coming, and quickly resume poking, while guard lancers also are constantly poking but instead of evading when a move is coming, they cancel into counter, let the attack activate it, and continue poking. That's supposedly how lance has to play, compensating its lower DPS with more uptime. Bushido lance manages to totally invalidate both guard lancing and evade lancing, since apparently bushido style doesn't activate evasion skills (greyed out).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I never really played lance or gun lance, but I've heard people complain about the issue with bushido style. I feel like I've ignored the other styles; bushido just feels so different. I don't really get the aerial style. It feels way more difficult to mount in this game, so it almost feels like a waste unless I'm missing an added benefit. Striker is cool with all the added arts, but I've only tried it a few times.

Guild style is just MH4U style right?

Aerial kind of confuses me too, in that I don't get how it would be beneficial over any of the others. I will say that Aerial IG was fun. The extra distance you cover when you vault is silly. DB striker was pretty badass too.

Yep, Guild is just 'classic' with Hunter Arts. Here is a spreadsheet that goes over what has been added/removed, move-wise, with each style and weapon.

Give it to me.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I really need to find a place with wifi. I have MHX preloaded from the eshop and need to connect to unlock the game when it's available, presumably later this afternoon/evening. The hotel wifi doesn't allow my 3ds to connect, so I might have to find a target or Best Buy.

One of the joys of traveling for the holidays.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Available on the eshop.

Oh you know I was up at 7am as well to check to see if my preload had unlocked. I am slowly making my way through Village Quests. Seems like a good idea as Ranking up seems to unlock more of the weapon's Hunter Arts. Or at least going from Rank 1 to 2 did.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I sadly haven't been able to play much yet. We should exchange Japanese friend codes and play online sometime. I'll have to post mine later tonight.

Edit: my Japanese friend code is 1736-0901-9986

Yeah, I was only able to do up to Village Rank 2 this morning, then had to get some things done. Added ya, mine is 3497-3310-2164

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Finally got home after spending the holiday with my in laws and was able to finish rank 1 of the village quests. I'm playing bushido LS now but thinking of moving back to SnS. I know it's early still, but I want to find a weapon and really stick with it for a while. I'm going to try and get a few more ranks in the village quests before venturing online, especially since it seems the hunter arts unlock as you progress as DB said.

Loving it so far though. I've read people complaining about the flashier style, but I think it's great.

I don't mind the flashy animations, it is a nice change. I almost went online last night, but just kept going with Village. I am at 4 Star now but slowed down on ranks because I am trying to finish a Narga set to see if Evasion has any effect at all on Bushido's Perfect Evade. I don't think it will.

I have stuck with LS and it is a blast. Wish Bushido I am just using 桜花気刃斬 II (Sakura Spirit Slash II) and it is quite fulfilling when you hit with each slash and the last one kills your monster.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I played LS for a while but went back to SnS on bushido. It's so much fun to play.

I'm still cracking away at the 2* village, but let me know if you want to hop online and play this week. It'll have to be later, but you're on the west coast if I remember correctly, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Over 2 million copies sold in Japan so far (not that that's out of the norm for this series)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just hit 5* village today. I'm really enjoying the game so far. Playing bushido SnS almost feels like cheating.

Nice. I am on 6* Village, and soloed the Key Quests and Urgent to get to HR2 today. Still rocking Narga with a few gems so i have Evasion Extender, Critical Eye+2, and Perception. I have ranged and melee Narga sets so that is for Bushido/Striker LS and now that I have Seregios LBG I use Striker or Aerial LBG too. So fun. A bit on the easy side, but loving it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

When do you fight Seregios ? I'd love to get his LBG.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just got to village 6*. I guess it's time to start farming gear sets and weapons then start cracking away at online.

Getting to HR2 wasn't hard at all with just barely upgraded LR Narga set, and that was solo. The variants though, ouch. Tried Lagombi variant and lololol. He never ever stops moving hits hard and was fun as hell. Carted 4 times. Yep! A new kitchen skill gives an extra cart. I need to go back once I have my Ceanataur LS Set and Bushido (I was doing Striker LBG).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I saw the recipe for the extra cart. I need to do the follow up zinogre, but, to be honest, he's the first fight I've really struggled with. I've never carted more than once yet, but it took every item I had to kill him. I really need to upgrade my weapon though.

Have you gotten into blue sharpness yet? The only weapons I've seen with blue are the Seregios weapons, which is kind of funny.

Edit: let me know when you're up for playing. We can try to tackle the variants together. I'll work on HR2 today and tomorrow.

Sorry, time has been eaten up by Xenoblade X lately! Yeah, the difficulty is definitely toned down a bit, and Bushido only makes it easier =P That said it is still a blast to play with the new styles.

Sharpness seems much much more slow to raise in this one. The only bit of blue I've seen yet is the Seregios weapons, and that is just a sliver. Guessing that, much like the fewer skills on the armors (and the near identical skills between Gunner/Blademaster sets), it is down to the fact that this one doesn't have G Rank.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been busy with work, but I finally got around to getting to HR2. I know it's only the first rank, but I was surprised at how easy it was. I remember always struggling a lot more going from HR1 to HR2 solo in previous games than doing the early offline. Though, to be fair, the village quests haven't been difficult at all with bushido SnS.