CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Activating the Bushido effect is much easier than I expected. I expected it to need to be extremely precise, but it's actually very forgiving.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wonder when NA will get it

Quote Originally Posted by Galois View Post
    Activating the Bushido effect is much easier than I expected. I expected it to need to be extremely precise, but it's actually very forgiving.
    Out of curiosity which weapon did you try Bushido on? I was getting nailed left and right by Narga with Charge Axe... and I'd say I know his moves more than most any other monster. Wondering if some sets have Evasion+ on them. I have heard that Bushido SnS feels like it is Evade +3 but I haven't tried it. I just did Striker LBG and that was fun. You get the Bullet Geyser skill which shoots a 'trap' out as you launch backwards and it explodes a few seconds later. It was very hard to hit the monster with. He was always just out of range. Rapid Heaven which is 6 or so rapid shots of whatever ammo you have equipped regardless of whether it can normally rapid fire, and then Perfect Evasion which is pretty great in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Wonder when NA will get it
    I am wondering if it isn't going to be like Ichinose's last Monster Hunter, Portable 3rd... and never make it over. It feels pretty great though. Not at all simplified/more 'actiony' like I had heard people being afraid of. It feels like Monster Hunter with more options.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Out of curiosity which weapon did you try Bushido on? I was getting nailed left and right by Narga with Charge Axe... and I'd say I know his moves more than most any other monster. Wondering if some sets have Evasion+ on them. I have heard that Bushido SnS feels like it is Evade +3 but I haven't tried it. I just did Striker LBG and that was fun. You get the Bullet Geyser skill which shoots a 'trap' out as you launch backwards and it explodes a few seconds later. It was very hard to hit the monster with. He was always just out of range. Rapid Heaven which is 6 or so rapid shots of whatever ammo you have equipped regardless of whether it can normally rapid fire, and then Perfect Evasion which is pretty great in a pinch.

I used both SnS and CA. SnS definitely felt easier, but I was activating it fairly easy with the CA. I've only faced the first monster so far just to get a feel. His moves are really easy to read though.

I really like the CA; I might make it my primary weapon when the game launches.

Just read that a developer, or maybe it was the director, said that Evasion+ stuff doesn't work with Bushido so ... I guess I was just bad at timing. I used CA for 90% of 4U so I have to switch it up. It was SA in 3U and HH in Tri... I never know what to pick!

I really want to choose a ranged weapon. Combined with the Arts/Styles they are going to be fun as hell I'd think. Speaking of, had Narga limping with LBG but timed out. I feel lame.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well, the first monster is really easy to read and is fairly slow. I'm sure Narga is harder to activate it on. I just killed the owl, and boy, does he suck.

Haha, that is what I am reading everywhere, that he is just a status inflicting asshole.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I played bushido style with the LBG on Narga and loved it. I played with the Seregios LBG in 4U a little, but I'm thinking about starting out as a gunner. It was a blast.

I may join you as Light Bowgunner =P I have actually been playing with the Seregios LBG a bit too over the last few months. Boy that evade reload sure spoils you! I am also really enjoying Bushido Longsword. Longsword was my very first weapon of choice back in Freedom and Freedom 2 (with Hammer). Back then it was all offline for me, and soloing. When I started playing online in Freedom Unite and Tri, I wanted a weapon that didn't trip so much. With Bushido, I don't know... it just feels too good. I like it. I may have to spread my play out over way more weapons than I usually do.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll definitely use SnS. I played most of 4U as a guard lancer, with some Sa and GS here and there on more mobile monsters, but started a new file to try out SnS and felt great, so I can only imagine how much better it will be with arts, coatings, etc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I'm finding that I'll have a harder time focusing on any one weapon. I played striker style LBG this morning and it's so great. I'm also spoiled by the Seregios reload LBG, but he's in the game, so hopefully that nugget stays in.

I played with GS some today as well, and despite using it quite a bit in 4U, I'm not feeling it. I only tried aerial, which I think is terrible but may be good for other weapons, and bushido. Aerial is so bad on GS; you can't charge your attacks.

I played LS in 3U, so maybe I'll give that a try. IG I never played too much until I could make the best kinsect in 4U, but it's really not feeling that great in the demo.

So much stuff to try. After next week, MHX is basically all I'm playing. Well, now that the demo is out its all I'm playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Galois View Post
    I played with GS some today as well, and despite using it quite a bit in 4U, I'm not feeling it. I only tried aerial, which I think is terrible but may be good for other weapons, and bushido. Aerial is so bad on GS; you can't charge your attacks.
    Yeah, Aerial GS really changes things up for the weapon. Your charge is there, but only available while in the air. Seems like it might be nice for larger monsters. Aerial in general seems like it might be a pain for smaller monsters. That said, I tried Aerial LBG and HBG a few times and changed up the way I played. I really only used the time in the air to reload. It kept me in the fight a lot more than I would be otherwise with safely reloading. Try it.

It is little things like that that really open this series up in a way it has never been before. So many new little ways to use the Arts and Styles. I can't wait until we have the full range of Arts to use. I mean, 絶対回避 is great and all, it has saved me a time or too. Kind of like a panic GTFO button. I want to try some of the others though!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ah I didn't realize the charge was done in the air. I feel like the aerial style is more suited for the lighter weapons. I'll definitely have to try the LBG and HBG in that style.

I agree a lot has opened up. I'm likely going to be going back and forth on weapons. I read earlier that the bushido style for the bow activates a full charge shot which sounds amazing. I'll admit that the more MH experience I get, the more I want to play a gunner class.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Playing as a nyanta is absolutely hilarious.

I still haven't tried Nyanta... I did just demolish Narga with Striker Hammer though. Wow that was a blast. Aerial Bow is too! Shit. Too many options.

PS. Nyanta not so great for speedruns =P

4 Guild, 2 Striker, 2 Aerial, 7 Bushido.

Bow ||||| 2.53 ||||| Bushido
    HBG ||||| 3.08 ||||| Bushido
    Hammer ||||| 3.32 ||||| Guild
    GL ||||| 3.36 ||||| Bushido
    IG ||||| 3.48 ||||| Guild
    SA ||||| 3.53 ||||| Aerial
    LS ||||| 3.57 ||||| Bushido
    CB ||||| 3.58 ||||| Bushido
    GS ||||| 4.08 ||||| Guild
    LBG ||||| 4.17 ||||| Bushido
    SnS ||||| 4.33 ||||| Striker
    Lance ||||| 4.36 ||||| Striker
    DB ||||| 4.42 ||||| Aerial
    HH ||||| 4.57 ||||| Guild
    Nyanta ||||| 9.13 |||||
    Here's a Speedrun DB Narga - http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm27632167

Here's Striker Lance - http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm27623190

Thought I would drop some terms here for anyone looking to do quick Youtube searches for particular weapons/styles.

MHX Demo: MHX体験版

Guild ギルド
    Striker ストライカー
    Aerial エリアル
    Bushido ブシドー
    (Style = スタイル in case you want to add it on to the end, so Guild Style is just ギルドスタイル Most videos seem to use jsut the style name)

GS:
    大剣
    LS:  太刀
    SNS:  片手剣
    DS:  双剣
    Lance: ランス
    GL: ガンランス (often abbrev. to ガンス)
    Hammer: ハンマー
    Horn:  笛
    Insect Glaive: 操虫根
    SA: スラッシュアックス (or スラアク)
    CB: チャージアックス (or チャアク or 盾斧)
    Bow:
    LBG:  ライトボウガン
    HBG:  ヘビーボウガン

Bushido Bow

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Bushido gunner is so much fun. I think I've found my starting weapon, either LBG or bow.

Yeah... I still have no idea what to start with. I want to start with bow ... but ammo at the start eats up money. Bushido LS and IG are stupid fun. I just don't know!... only 3 days, 13 hours and 27 minutes to decide!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm actually considering rolling SnS to start. You bring up a good point that gunner classes are expensive at the outset. SnS has been a blast to play, especially bushido style.