Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Still haven't finished the base game... My save got to a point where I'm in a timed mission to grab an official, but that super ice snake vahlen made escaped and has popped up in this mission. I'm like 1-2 turns short on time to kill the snake and get everyone to the choppa. ><

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

34 bucks on gmg btw. i guess gmg has stopped using codes or something and just offers discounts merely for signing in?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This DLC is fucking spectacular. It really is an entirely new game with all the changes.

Also Reaper is fucking OP as shit.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Guess I'm gonna have to replay this D:

BG Level

yes, x2 what Krandor said. it's outstanding. i did have to scrub 3 ironman runs before getting deep with my 4th one, the difficulty spikes aren't as brutal as they were in the pre-expansion but man commander and legendary are still p rough for my rusty ass skills.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quick note for anyone, pistol specced Sharpshooter is the tits for handling the new enemy faction

Edit : I keep learning that Templar parry is not as good as it sounds. Despite the description there's a lot of attacks that go straight thru it, like Chosen attacks or Muton melee

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow the new boss fights are so damn cool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I want to play but my life will cease for a long time

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The weapons you get from defeating the chosen are fucking insane.

Assassin gives you a shotgun with Superior Laser Sight, Superior Expanded Magazine, Superior Hair Trigger, AND Superior Stock (yes 4 mods). Sword has 100% accuracy, can't be dodged and ignores Armor. All chosen weapons are also the maximum tier of damage.

One Covert Action left to unlock the Hunter, hoping the Reaper can equip the sniper rifle since I've only been using Sharpshooters as pistol spec with the new expansion.

It's quite enjoyable how insanely OP you can make your characters now. Can unlock every single talent the class gets by default if you put in the time, plus 4 randomized perks (as opposed to the 1 you would get with AWC before).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    This DLC is fucking spectacular. It really is an entirely new game with all the changes.

Also Reaper is fucking OP as shit.
    Does it work like Enemy Within did, where the additions are added to the base game? Or more like a stand alone series of missions that you can put off until you want to run through it? Just trying to avoid getting spoiled on stuff (and really need to go back and finish the vanilla xcom2)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's all baked into the base game. The previous DLCs are retooled as well to work better with the Wotc content.

BG Level

Christ almighty just lost 4/5 soldiers including Mox to a Chosen ambush that attracted a Lost swarm

love this stupid terrible unfair brilliant game that makes me feel like i'm playing Dark Souls for the first time again

Been playing this finally and god it's so good. Fucking brutal though jesus.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I loved XCOM1, just started XCOM2 last night and holeeeeee shit is this game brutal. Consistent 25-40% chance to hit enemies. My squad dropping like flies. Can't go a day of scanning without something popping up and giving me a new mission. It's pretty damn overwhelming. Just got the Avatar Project countdown before I stopped playing last night. I feel so woefully outmatched in the beginning that I'm already contemplating scrapping the initial playthrough and trying again. RNG Satan hates me.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Really? I thought this one was much easier than the first one. I might retry it though. Getting that itch again

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It started off harder then 1, but you got OP as fuck after only 4 or 5 hours. Moreso if you're playing with the expansion.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Def a lot harder to start, but the new abilities are too good. By the end of the game the only challenge you have is having enough turns for all the bodies they throw at you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well I did notice a MAJOR improvement after getting Magnetic Weapons and Plate Armor researched. I honestly should have done those first thing but I thought I was supposed to be following the story first so I wasted time researching the Radio and Brainjacker and other shit. Really put me in a hole for a while. I think I can salvage it though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the best is when you start pumping out psi ops with the lance or mind control abilities

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well I think I'm fucked. The Avatar project got near completion, and then one of the ADVENT events happened which doubled all Intel costs for a cycle, and I couldn't get enough Intel to make contact with a new region where an alien facility was located. When the penalty ended I started making contact, but then the doomsday timer started, lulz

I guess that's just XCOM.