Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

XCOM 2 (PC/PS4/XB1)

Sequel to Enemy Unknown, Takes place 20 Years later

Spoiler: show

2K and Firaxis Games today announced that XCOM 2, the sequel to the Game of the Year* award-winning strategy title XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is currently in development for Windows-based PC. Developed by Firaxis Games, XCOM 2 transports players 20 years into the future, where humanity lost the war against the alien threat that has established a new world order. The secret paramilitary organization known as XCOM is largely forgotten, and must strike back to reclaim control of Earth and free mankind from the aliens’ rule. XCOM 2 is currently scheduled for release in November 2015. The game will also be coming to Mac and Linux via Feral Interactive.

In XCOM 2, the roles have been reversed, and XCOM is now the invading force. They are hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters. Players must use a combination of firepower and stealth-like tactics to help XCOM recruit soldiers and build a resistance network, while attempting to expose the evil alien agenda and save humanity. XCOM 2 will introduce gameplay features such as procedurally-generated levels, which will make each experience unique to the player, as well as offer a much deeper level of modding support. Additionally, XCOM 2 will offer a variety of new content including five updated soldier classes, increased soldier customization, more alien and enemy types, evolved tactical combat and more.

“Firaxis proved they could reimagine a beloved franchise with XCOM: Enemy Unknown, a Game of the Year award-winning title,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “With XCOM 2, the team is breathing new life into the series by adding an epic narrative and challenging players to overcome near impossible odds.”

“The feedback from the passionate XCOM community played an important role in the development of XCOM 2, driving us to push the visual, gameplay and replayability boundaries of what a strategy game can be,” said Jake Solomon, creative director of XCOM 2 at Firaxis Games. “We’re thrilled to implement long-time fan requested features such as procedural levels and modding support, as well as adding more of what makes XCOM great like new aliens, enemies and soldier classes.”
    http://xcom.com/

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So excited. XCOM was a surprise hit for me. I can't wait for it! I'm prepared to spend 30-40min. on a map only to get totally fucked over by bullshit RNG. 95% hit chance with 40% crit rate with a shotgun 1 tile away from the alien. let me miss for you. meanwhile that alien with 5% hit/1% crit chance will demolish everyone and make all your people panic

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    So excited. XCOM was a surprise hit for me. I can't wait for it! I'm prepared to spend 30-40min. on a map only to get totally fucked over by bullshit RNG. 95% hit chance with 40% crit rate with a shotgun 1 tile away from the alien. let me miss for you. meanwhile that alien with 5% hit/1% crit chance will demolish everyone and make all your people panic
    All of this, on ironman. The seething rage the last one gave me lol.

So much excite. But you need to take the video down ASAP unless something changed.

Is this a continuation? Confused as to how the aliens are now in control of the government after the shit they pulled in the first one. Also(Yay Snakemen)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i hope they put base attacks in this one

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    So much excite. But you need to take the video down ASAP unless something changed.

Is this a continuation? Confused as to how the aliens are now in control of the government after the shit they pulled in the first one. Also(Yay Snakemen)
    20 years after Enemy Unknown

http://xcom.com/

Things I took from it:

1) We lost.
    2) Base assaults :D
    3) Stealth missions
    4) More of the same goodness.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oooooo EXCITE! And we still got Rip Torn sound-a-like!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just started my first Ironman Long War playthrough of the first one. Already so brutal. Can't fucking wait for this...and mod support built in, beautiful.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I do hope this time around they have proper support for windowed functionality and not the half-baked crap they did in civ5 and EU/W.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

More Details
    Spoiler: show

• The base is now actually mobile, and it’s a large converted alien supply craft named Avenger.
    • There are five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree, including new class abilities. Momentum is one of these.
    • The state of the world will actually affect the environment of each mission.
    • You can build and configure rooms inside the Avenger.
    • Mission environments include wildlands, alien-controlled megacities and alien installations.
    • Mod tools will allow you to create “your own campaign, tactical gameplay, aliens and strategy game features” and share them via Steam Workshop.
    • Competitive multiplayer will be supported with mixed squads of aliens and humans on randomly generated maps.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I like the color. It's not really a complaint but most of the levels in XCOM were pretty dreary, which, was probably what they were going for. But it'd be cool to have some sunshine happiness with lasers being blown all around

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Really excited, but sucks for my friends who don't play on PC. Not even coming to current-gen consoles. Another franchise denied to them

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

xcom worked ok the last time on consoles, but it wasnt smooth

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wow cool. will get this one day 1.

that said, i hope they fix a lot of the lingering issues from the previous one. and some of the problems/bugs were glaring.

Mods were fun on PC. I look forward to playing again through. I still haven't beaten anything above classic. Game shits on you so hard if you make mistakes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Mods were fun on PC. I look forward to playing again through. I still haven't beaten anything above classic. Game shits on you so hard if you make mistakes.
    I shamelessly reset on turns before autosave when I did ironman Impossible. Because when a heavy floater takes out all your dudes with a grenade, that's no bueno. Or one time I was doing Classic ironman on alien base and a sectopod (I waited a long time) glitched through walls and just ambushed my whole team. Everyone died. That was fun to recover from.

I'm a boring no-mods person though. Might have to fix that. Second wave options were usually enough for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

oh man i/i is gonna be awesome in this next game. or maybe it'll be hell?

i i/i'd twice on original but couldn't get a strong game going to save my life with the expac

i gave up and never went back. maybe i'll give it another shot before the new game comes out.

Expac was a BITCH. Holy fuck some of those things were a pain in the fkn ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast