+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Ashes of Ariandel featuring magic that might not fucking suck? One can hope because miracle boomerang lol. Also did that one area at like 1:15 look like the Painted World?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matthias Moraga
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    that one area at like 1:15 look like the Painted World?
    It absolutely does! I'm so hyped for this DLC!

Ridill
    BG Level

Because S7 is stupid and won't let me resize photo:

Spoiler: show

In Atlanta for Dragon Con. My first cosplay that I'll be wearing this weekend.

Teamkiller of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post

I hope you stay in character.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post

BLESS YOU

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'll be at Dragon*Con on Saturday. I'ma look for you.

Ridill
    BG Level

Pretty sure I'll be in the Hyatt around 1ish tomorrow. Sanderson and Butcher are in a panel with a few others at that time so I'm hoping to get into that.

Ridill
    BG Level

Huuuge picture again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With the DLC release around the corner there's an update coming on Friday, and as part of it From is FINALLY fixing Poise according to the patch notes.

• Adjusted poise values across the board. Poise is now more effective for heavier weapons and armor.
    • Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
    • Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
    • Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
    • Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.
    • Improved the "Neck Swipe" weapon skill animation of scythe category weapons.
    • Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using whips would not deal additional ・damage when fully charged.
    • Fixed a bug where strong attacks performed using the Pickaxe would consume stamina multiple times per attack.
    • Adjusted the "Onislayer" weapon skill hitbox timings for Onikiri and Ubadachi.
    • Adjusted the hitbox timings of the claw category weapon skill "Leaping Slash".
    • Fixed a bug where rolling attacks on Astora's Greatsword could not be parried.
    • Improved the "Wrath of the Gods" weapon skill animation for Wornir's Holy Sword.
    • Improved the "Blind Spot" weapon skill animation for Corvian Greatknife and Handmaiden's Dagger.
    • Improved the "Shield Splitter" weapon skill animation for Mail Breaker and Irithyll Rapier.
    • Improved the "Wolf Leap" weapon skill animation for Old Wolf Curved Sword.
    • The weapon skill of Old King's Great Hammer "Molten Perseverence" will now release lava on both hits.
    • Improved the "Darkdrift" weapon skill animation for Darkdrift.
    • Reduced effectiveness of rolling attack animations on Gotthard Twinswords while dual wielding.
    • Increased effectiveness of the sorcery "Pestilent Mercury".
    • Improved the cast animation of miracle "Lifehunt Scythe".
    • Increased poison and toxic buildup of the pyromancies "Poison Mist" and "Toxis Mist", respectively.
    • Increased durability damage buildup of the pyromancy "Acid Surge".
    • Increased duration of the "Warcry" weapon skill.
    • Fixed a bug where the player's lock-on target would automatically change even if "Toggle auto lock-on" was set to "OFF".
    • Fixed a bug where the leader board for Darkmoon Knights would display incorrect statistics.
    • Fixed a bug where the fog wall near Holy Knight Hodrick would sometimes not disappear during multiplayer even after defeating him.
    • Fixed a bug where Orbeck of Vinheim would sometimes die before the player purchased all his spells.
    • Fixed a bug where Patches and Greirat would never return if sent to steal after defeating all bosses.
    • Fixed a bug where female characters were subject to counter damage during certain movement animations.
    • Fixed a bug where equipping Vordt's Great Hammer or Irithyll Straight Sword in the left hand would cause enchantments to disappear from weapons in the right hand.
    • Fixed a bug where two-handing certain weapons would cause the stealth effect on Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to not work correctly.
    • Fixed a bug where Hornet Ring was not working for claw category weapons.
    • Fixed a bug where dash attacks could not be performed using Farron Greatsword.
    • Fixed a bug where strong attacks using Lothric Knight Sword were not dealing thrust type damage.
    • Fixed a bug where dash attacks using Onikiri and Ubadachi were not dealing thrust type damage.
    • Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Poise isn't getting the fix you think. They explained and it was proven that poise is the extra hyper armor that you're provided when attacking with heavier set armors and heavy weapons. Ultra greatswords , greataxes, great hammers have built-in poise. So that's what they keep meaning poise was "working as intended", poise isn't like DS1/2 where you can tank through shit just by walking around. Also, i need a 3v3 team! I have 3 characters, 3 different builds on PC, and 1 character str/dex 40/40 on ps4, working currently on my faith/miracles character on PC as they're pretty bullshit in pvp.

Some shit that concerns me tho.
    -Fixed a bug where rolling attacks on Astora's Greatsword could not be parried. - FML that was my go-to sword for my miracles character (lightning infused = S in faith stat), i thought the rolling attack not being able to be parried was intended. -_-
    - Adjusted the "Onislayer" weapon skill hitbox timings for Onikiri and Ubadachi. - That scares me as that weapon is awesome in pvp, but i'm not sure what could be the change.
    - Improved the "Wrath of the Gods" weapon skill animation for Wornir's Holy Sword. - Fuck yea, it's the only faith scaled greatsword and is good to surprise people.
    - Reduced effectiveness of rolling attack animations on Gotthard Twinswords while dual wielding. - Thank fucking god, i hope this is the needed nerf, darkmoon blade with that weapon is a nightmare to deal with.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's fucking dumb. I have no idea why they broke poise so bad for this game.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's pretty much accepted by some of the community that it's not "broke", but now like "makes sense"

• Increased effectiveness of the sorcery "Pestilent Mercury".
    • Improved the cast animation of miracle "Lifehunt Scythe".
    • Increased poison and toxic buildup of the pyromancies "Poison Mist" and "Toxis Mist", respectively.
    • Increased durability damage buildup of the pyromancy "Acid Surge".
    • Increased duration of the "Warcry" weapon skill.
    Hah

You aren't fooling anyone From, we know you don't give a shit about magic. And I bet Lifehunt Scythe still can't hit shit.

Warcry buff is nice but unnecessary, it was already beast.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well pyromancy at least is pretty good in DS3, the stat investment required (when you factor in attunement) as well as ring slots compared to a pure melee build is really dumb thou.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    It's pretty much accepted by some of the community that it's not "broke", but now like "makes sense"
    Completely changing the entire way the mechanic works and then never explaining it still feels "broken" to me, regardless of it being an intended choice.

The fact thay you could turn poise on to its original design by flipping a 0 to a 1 in the files still irks me quite a bit as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i thought it didn't work at all without fixing the value. how do the mechanics work now?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It only triggers for moves with hyper armor, which is mostly exclusive to the heavier moves of 2 handed weapons.

There's still lots of remnants of how the system was originally supposed to be, like how some weapons have the skill to increase poise, yet the actual skill increasing poise is the only move for that weapon with hyper armor. Which makes zero sense in the current implementation

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah like some h2h weapons have a poise increasing skill, but as far as I can tell that it does absolutely nothing for them.

DS1 poise stabs were retarded thou, I'm not sure I want to see 'working' poise back.