Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    My tier list for these games from best to worst is:

Bloodborne w/ DLC
    Dark Souls 1 w/ DLC
    Dark Souls 3 w/ DLC
    Demon Souls
    Dark Souls 2: Scholars version

For me BB and DS1 are very neck and neck, and they both have special places in my heart. Very hard to determine which one i love the most, but i like guns and super aggressive combat, so that put Bloodborne ahead for me.
    I totally agree with this

Keep in mind the older games (Demons and Dark 1) feel very clunky to the relative smoothness of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. But this is purely from gameplay perspective. Input buffering is likely to annoy you no matter what game you play lol

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For me the super slow estus flask animation in the earlier games is an absolute killer after getting used to super fast healing from Bloodborne and DS3

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dark Souls 3 March 24, 2016 (JP) | April 12, 2016 (NA/EU)

Also part of the reason why i put ds3 in 3rd place, although a ton of fun, the insane amount of balance changes and enemy nerfs they did killed it for me. Especially in the last dlc, holy fuck people cried like crazy and they nerfed the angels, and nerfed the fucking pvp boss, and then the weapon rebalancing all over the place. I agreed with some, but i disagreed with many. Rip double ultra greatswords.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

One thing I think is underrated is DS2's DLC. I initially hated the game but once I got used to the mechanics I couldn't put it down. And once I started the DLC, mainly Crown of the Ivory King, I never wanted to leave that place it was so much fun. While farming Loyce Souls at first was annoying, I noticed how many players would just hang out there to get summoned to help and I did the same for a few weeks. Love that boss fight and it felt so rewarding to help others.

For me I'd actually rank DS2 and DS2 DLC seperately.

My ranking would be:
    Bloodborne
    DS3
    DS2 DLC
    DS1
    Demon Souls
    DS2

I don't seem to be as in love with DS1 as most, but that's probably because I'd only played up to sen's fortress when I jumped in to bloodborne.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When you played them is definitely a huge factor. The series has definitely sped up over time, so going back after the fact can be harsh because everything just feels so sluggish.

Especially if you've never dealt with the cancerous slog that is Blighttown and it's oh so fun frame rate.

Ridill
    BG Level

I prefer my Dark Souls at a slower pace. Speed and aggression in Bloodborne is absolutely fantastic and I love it, but I prefer my Dark Souls to be slower, especially Estus drinking.

DS2 dlc areas are really the very best parts of that game, minus the really stupid multi-player areas. And as for SotFS edition, while some of the enemy placement changes were for the better, a lot of them were way worse.

Bloodborne>DrkS1>DeS>DS3>DS2. The bosses and regular enemies in DS2 mostly all being humans in armor just really killed that game for me. And the NPCs and their quests were all just... bleh.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Playing through dark souls 1 was an experience that I cherish and I wish I could go back to experience it all again for the first time.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Picked up Bloodborne. Going out of country tomorrow so I'll start up a game once I get back. Got high expectations from it cuz of you guys lol.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Picked up Bloodborne. Going out of country tomorrow so I'll start up a game once I get back. Got high expectations from it cuz of you guys lol.
    I think Bloodborne would satisfy anyone who enjoys fighting games. When you start playing, and actually get how the game engine works, you’ll see what i mean.

Ridill
    BG Level

I got the DS3 Design Works book today. It's nearly bigger than I and II combined but all it is is an art book, no interviews or even short descriptions or insights on anything.

even the names of concept art doesn't give anything extra with stuff like the statue of primordial serpent with wings just being called "statue 1."

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm giving this a go again after playing Code Vein and I was thinking how easy it was compared to how I remembered it. I'm SL50 (keeping it at that to co-op later on) and Lorian is curb stomping me shamelessly, the first phase is okay but the second one with magic and stuff is overwhelming me. I don't remember this fight being particularly difficult and I'm surprised it is giving me this trouble considering how easy everything else was (cleared everything minus Namaless and DLC), I can't seem to dodge his sword magic thing he charges and it takes 90-95% of my HP, which means I'm dead most of the time if I'm hit, the timing seems to be all over the place with that attack, sometimes I dodge too early and get hit mid roll others I get hit as soon as I start to dodge.

The camera also doesn't help at all with his teleporting :/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He is one of the most patterned bosses in the game that one just takes practice. I remember getting to second form easily then it gives me fits after that. I seem to remember mostly everything going in groups of threes for him.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He is also very telegraphed, so it's not that I don't know what's coming next. Anyway, tried it again today, embered this time for that extra HP and it went down pretty easily, I was most likely sluggish due to being tired last night.

Time for the DLC.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    He is also very telegraphed, so it's not that I don't know what's coming next. Anyway, tried it again today, embered this time for that extra HP and it went down pretty easily, I was most likely sluggish due to being tired last night.

Time for the DLC.
    Still sad they nerfed the DLC because of so many bitchass crybabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Still sad they nerfed the DLC because of so many bitchass crybabies.
    Which did they nerf?

Spoiler: show
    Was it that stupid invasion boss? lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Since this got bumped I'll throw this in here.
    This guy made this video like 5-6 years ago, got real popular and then got copywrite striked and taken down. He remade the video and just released it.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Which did they nerf?

Was it that stupid invasion boss? lol
    DLC1 the angels that fire lasers at you, too many people cried that they couldn’t get through.

DLC2 invasion boss which was a fun challenge and your stats exponentially going up depending on how many shitty players are in a co-op

DLC2 the dual Ultra-Greatswords, such a damn good weapon because people cried in pvp

Oh yeah, I remember the PVP weapon nerfs and I always hated that. Such fun weapons nerfed into oblivion because people can't roll or stop spamming R2.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuck all this, where everyone at in DS1? I been needing help all weekend and I couldn't find not one Dark Soul.