Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I felt like I could never quite get a max setup going because I was always moving to the next item to learn the next skills lol

Yeah, that's one reason why I'm collecting everything before bothering with a NG+. Can then cherrypick the decent stuff until getting to endgame next time around.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I kept a few decent items around for the times where I had no new gear skills to learn. I still didn't learn everything as there was few pieces of gear I was missing, mainly the rank 20-21 stuff which I was too lazy to master for some chars. I definitely spent way too much time at the weapon shop though, think I had around 3500 pieces of gear dismantled and around 2700 enhanced since I try to +1 before dismantling for more mats.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I noticed it's on sale on Steam right now. I was originally just going to wait until I had a PS4 to play it, but I've got a decent PC now (a 1070 and an i7 7700) so I'm wondering how the PC port of this turned out and if I should just buy it now. Anyone have opinions?

My PC is over 10 years old and was able to run it, albeit I never tried max settings. So, I doubt you'll have trouble.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think he's more asking about the quality of the port in general, rather than required specs

Only had a problem with the ending FMV, but it's something I saw a few people complaining about here and there. Also played with a gamepad.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's a good port (pretty well optimized, and scales up about as well as one would expect with the graphical style the game has), gets better if you dig on the discussions and find the "Fix" mod.

The PC port is clearly the best version of the game, not sure why you'd wait until you bought a PS4 to play an inferior version.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Well my old PC was pretty bad and I was intending to have a PS4 not too long after Berseria came out anyway, but multiple component failures and the need for a more qualified station for work anyway mean I now have something that can play most games at an acceptable level of performance. Plus I just kinda like playing on my TV instead of at my desk. But oh well, I think I'm gonna just buy the Steam version. Thanks guys.

I feed my PC to my TV for times like that.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I've considered that. It's a combination of laziness and the lack of appropriately long cables/an HDMI switch keeping me from doing it currently. I need to find the time to just make it happen though because my surround sound system has been disconnected forever for mostly the same reasons and if I do one I may as well run the cables for the other at the same time.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Steam Link

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

@obsidian

I played the steam version with my 1070 and i5 on my 47" vizio at 4k 60hz and it looked real pretty.
    If you like Tales games, this is definitely one of the better ones, and this PC port is top notch.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

@Krandor: Is this the "fix" you are referring to?
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...ix#post6866610

I'm running 4690k/290x and having some terrible lag. I will look into the fix when I get home.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This thing

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Spe...5115064708377/

Edit : Tapatalk wasn't linking that correctly, it's the same thing you posted.

Late playing this but just finished the main story. Gameplay was fun but real easy, I was playing on Chaos/Intense for the most part and didn't have too much trouble. But for that the battle system wasn't nearly as annoying as Zestiria and while I still hate equipment bloat the way you deal with it is much faster. Overall I liked the general shit they did with the game.

Story and characters are the big one, and everyone was great except Eleanor but she's too classic a Tales character compared to everyone else. She grows on you though, Laphicet is probably one of the better developed characters and is generally cute AF. Rokurou and Eizen easily take the best character awards though, great VA, interactions and dynamic. Probably my favourite duo in general. Magilou has some good bits but is generally too aloof to give a shit about even when you find out her backstory.

Velvet was interesting and generally is a lot better at the start until things become a bit too clean. I was looking forward to more chaos but it was pretty upright the whole way through and kinda got more tame as things went on.

Overall I thought it was a great game except for Kamoana. Seriously everything about her from her stupid ass voice, dumb lines and generally being a kid nearly ruined the whole thing. Between her and Eleanor I'm surprised I actually finished some of those parts are so bad. Luckily you can skip lines which made their parts/conversations much easier to get through.

Also did anyone notice the skit translations were fucking awful? Half the time the characters didn't even say what was on screen. Glad I played in English because some of those skits would have been real confusing.

Curious but are the Heavenly Steps the post-game dungeon? Doesn't feel like it so far so wondering if there's anything else/after?

Skit translation quality did drop a lot later in the game, yeah. I can't say I had any issues with Eleanor, though.

Can't remember the name of the post-game area, but you went back to the volcano? It's honestly not so much a hard area as it is more about farming the unique loot.

Relative to difficulty, I never did do the highest setting because enemies constantly blocking just annoyed the fuck out of me. If it was limited to frontal attacks, it wouldn't be so bad.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Yeah, that's the end game area. That area is pretty annoying. That's about the only place I had to lower the difficulty too because the mobs outlevel you pretty fast once you get to the top floors. The final boss of the games story, whatever his name is, gets a level boost after you beat the side area so consider that.

Oh so I found the secret dungeon. The lead up to it was weird since it's basically a bunch of normal zones mixed in with unique corridors and more normal zones.

Yeah enemy blocks are still obnoxious but Velvet is such a ridiculous character that for the most part (that being you playing Velvet) it doesn't matter. It did seriously hamper my wanting to play other characters since they just don't really work on anything higher than moderate. I tried everyone and about the only 2 I could use above that were Laphicet and Magilou and it wasn't really fun. And in general everyone's AI was ranged/defensive and they basically never died unless they were being stupid.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Had my first crash so far, in the Faldies Ruins right after I beat the dire mob, cost me 200 grade from the fight and probably 20 minutes since my last save. Oh well I suppose.

Speaking of which, why the hell is that thing level 88? The first time I fought it I burned like five Life bottles and wondered what the fuck. It's twice my level and drops a shitload of gald.