+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yeah but Jude is broken in a game where bosses break out of combos at will. Like:
    Spoiler: show

Admittedly I haven't played all of the 2d games but Jude (and Yuri and Ludger) have to at least be in the conversation.

Bonus Yuri video:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Reid/Rid is bar none the most OP hero in the series.

1.) Aurora Wall erases everything from the screen. Any attack the enemies were doing is null and void, doesn't matter. Mash X while doing it to cancel to Aurora Sword and with the glitch I posted in spoilers you can actually just keep Aurora Sword going until the battle is over if you want and max out the combo gauge with it if you want. Nothing the enemies can do.
    2.) Even without glitches the guy is an absolute beast because hi-ougis require no kind of overlimit gauge or anything and with Dragon Demon Chaos he has one of the strongest (relative to the strength of his opponents) in the entire series.

Dude can just casually drop 3 different mystic artes in a combo like it ain't shit.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Not really a fan of the TOX series art but we will see how it goes in time I guess

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Looks like it's getting an NA release, but not on the PS3.

http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/tales...to-ps4-and-pc/

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Seems like PS3 is still alive and well in JP?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Looks like Famitsu is saying Berseria is a Zestiria prequel. /v/ is throwing a hissy fit.

I don't mind the prequel, but apparently it's set on the same continent as Zestiria. Why not explore the whole world?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Looks like Famitsu is saying Berseria is a Zestiria prequel. /v/ is throwing a hissy fit.

I don't mind the prequel, but apparently it's set on the same continent as Zestiria. Why not explore the whole world?
    Exploring the whole world vs. a vastly different one seems like a different way of saying the same thing, to me. Source for more info.

Compared to the future (in Zestiria) the scenery is vastly different, and the towns, and natural landmarks will be completely different as well; however, there are some places and civilization that will make you recall a thing or two of the future.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All I have to say is:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/tales-ber...-battle-system

New info, the more I read of her the less I get interested in black haired milla.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2016/01/tales-ber...-battle-system

New info, the more I read of her the less I get interested in black haired milla.
    She sounds way more like Coldsteel the Hedgehog than a Tales protag. Maximum edge.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Artes mapped to each face button instead of directional sounds interesting, but I wonder how the standard attack combo is going to work like that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh, this is as good a thread as any to ask I suppose. Total derail but I've never played a Tales game and they just keep churning them out. If I were to start playing them where should I start and which games should I play/avoid? I know we have a bunch of Tales gurus in here. School me o wise ones.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you don't play imports
    Eternia, Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia, Xillia 2 and then whatever else tickles your fancy... in that order.

If you DO play imports
    Eternia, Naridan 2(there's also a fan translation of this but w/e), Symphonia, Abyss, Destiny 2, Rebirth, Vesperia, Radiant Mythology 2 and 3, Naridan X (also play the version of Tales of Phantasia that comes with it), Xillia and Xillia 2... and again, play whatever interests you from there. 'cause there's still plenty more to play.

Also, if you have a VITA or PSTV, add Hearts R in the mix somewhere. Its got a pretty great version of LMBS (the standard Tales combat system).
    Note: I didn't play much of the NDS version of Tales of Hearts, its probably decent enough to add to the imports list.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Abyss and Vesperia are the best games in the series especially for newcomers but they are hard to come by now. Symphonia is a very good choice too as a first game and avaliable on ps3 and steam though it has a rough start difficulty wise. Xillia is ok and Xillia 2 is better but its more enjoyable if you played the first, Zestiria is ok too. Just start with Symphonia if you don't want to deal with the hassle of emulation or importing.

And Graces f on PS3. Fuck the haters.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Abyss and Vesperia are the best games in the series especially for newcomers but they are hard to come by now. Symphonia is a very good choice too as a first game and avaliable on ps3 and steam though it has a rough start difficulty wise. Xillia is ok and Xillia 2 is better but its more enjoyable if you played the first, Zestiria is ok too. Just start with Symphonia if you don't want to deal with the hassle of emulation or importing.
    If you happen to still have a 360, Vesperia is on the Marketplace for like $15. Best $15 you'll ever spend, in my opinion. I don't know if the Abyss remake is on the eShop for 3DS but it'd be worth checking if you have one.

I don't love the Graces F/Zestiria combo system but if you're looking for a game to occupy you for a while, Graces F is a long game. Nobody else seems to like Legendia but I didn't mind it. Good luck finding a copy of that one though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The first part aka 20 hours of graces suuuucks and the title upgrade system was crap, it gets a lot better later on mostly thanks to the combat but I wouldn't recommend it as a entry title. Zestiria has a complicated equipment system but you can ignore it on normal and for the vast majority of the game on challenge difficulty.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Abyss for 3DS is not available digitally, would have to find a physical copy somewhere.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Hmm, luckily I have lots of gaming resources so I should be able to play most if not all of them.
    Thanks for the info, I'll start looking around and try to get into the series. Tired of hearing about it so much and not knowing what I'm missing.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva