+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Still looks like it has Zestiria's annoying resist/combo break which just makes the whole thing a pain to play above moderate, hopefully I'm wrong though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Heading West "Super-Early" 2017, English Gameplay

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Release date is January 24, 2017. Collector's edition announced:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...tion-revealed/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bummer, might wait until price drops on this because FFXV and more importantly Persona 5 is too close to this release.

Is Japan really that high on Beseria? Like Abyss and Vesperia levels high?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I looked around and have been reading that this ranks around Vesperia and Abyss level. Black haired milla is the new Yuri and the character are complex and receive proper growth, no fusion bullshit or character links in this one either. I'm pretty excited about this now.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Kinda hoping they have a fixed camera mode for battle, because shit shifting around like that could get disorienting pretty quickly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't been keeping up on this game too much, does it carry over the needlessly complicated equipment system from Zestiria?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hey, not sure where else to post this, so I decided to post here. I was looking online for names of all the "Tales of" games. Thinking about trying them all, in order. I noticed the first one is called "Tales of Phantasia" released in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tales_media

I have a PS2/PS3/PS4/PSVita. It says here it's on GBAdvance/PSP/SNES/PS1. I looked online for PS1 copies but don't really see anything. Is PSVita backwards-compatible for PSP games? Looking for the cheapest/easiest way to obtain a copy with what I have access too.

BG Level

If you own Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Zestiria on STEAM, you will get a 10% discount on Tales of Berseria
    By preordering the game, you will unlock a 15 minute Skit Video (available outside of the game on STEAM)
    And yes, it will support 60 FPS

That’s not all! We are thrilled to confirm that a demo will be available for both STEAM and PS4 on January 10th!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Hey, not sure where else to post this, so I decided to post here. I was looking online for names of all the "Tales of" games. Thinking about trying them all, in order. I noticed the first one is called "Tales of Phantasia" released in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tales_media

I have a PS2/PS3/PS4/PSVita. It says here it's on GBAdvance/PSP/SNES/PS1. I looked online for PS1 copies but don't really see anything. Is PSVita backwards-compatible for PSP games? Looking for the cheapest/easiest way to obtain a copy with what I have access too.
    The PSX and PSP versions never made it out of japan. Officially, only the GBA version was released in English, but that version is pretty meh. There is hoever an unofficial English patch for the PSX version, maybe the PSP one too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If you own Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Zestiria on STEAM, you will get a 10% discount on Tales of Berseria
    By preordering the game, you will unlock a 15 minute Skit Video (available outside of the game on STEAM)
    And yes, it will support 60 FPS

That’s not all! We are thrilled to confirm that a demo will be available for both STEAM and PS4 on January 10th!
    I already noticed the discount. I wasn't sure what that was about, though. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger now, or wait to see if cdkeys will start lower. Also, I wasn't worried about 60 fps since Zestiria had a mod that made it 60 fps almost immediately. That's cool that they're at least officially supporting it now.

Honestly, I wasn't really looking forward to this game since I didn't care much for the last few Tales games. I was even thinking of maybe skipping it altogether, but all that talk about it getting Abyss(my favorite) levels of hype is getting me a little excited.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With them offering a demo prior to release I don't see any reason why you would pay for it now.

BG Level

From Facebook

Dear Tales of Community,
    We read about your concerns regarding some changes between the Japanese and the Western versions of Tales of Berseria, the next game from the Tales Of series to be released on January 27th 2017 on Playstation 4 and PC.
    In the western game footage released on December 8th (https://youtu.be/TLbdbwjtxZ8), you discovered a scene that has been reworked compared to the original Japanese game.
    As a company, Bandai Namco Entertainment has to follow the regional regulations regarding video games content to allow the games to be released with appropriate rating. The violence depicted in the original Japanese scene in Tales of Berseria would not allow us to keep our current 16 rating. A major change in our rating wouldn’t have allowed to share the game with as many fans as we’d like and it would have prevented us many opportunities to show the game on social networks, websites and even during events. Therefore, instead of deleting the sequence, we decided to rework a portion of the scene to keep its importance in the story. We’ve ensured its impact in the story is the same. Even if the exact actions are different, their consequences are exactly the same: the defining moment changing Velvet’s Story and opposing her to Arthur Collbrande, the moment it becomes a tale of emotions versus reason. We made this modification out of necessity, be sure of that.
    You may have read in an interview that we had promised not to censor the game in the West. The statement applied only to the Velvet’s outfit at the time, and we did our best to keep the game as close to the Japanese version as possible.
    This is the only scene which has been altered from the Japanese version of the game. Everything else is exactly the same as the Japanese version including costume designs which you will be able to see for yourself once we release the demo on January 10th.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

So what happens in the JP version?

It's like MGS, instead of torture they have tickling.

I mean it was the other way around just what the fuck could it be that Japan can handle it but westerners can't?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's like MGS, instead of torture they have tickling.

I mean it was the other way around just what the fuck could it be that Japan can handle it but westerners can't?
    Because western, cry whine and sue for any small thing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Murica you mean